Dry Skin - in general / combating the effects of winter

young

Reaction score
I get this really uncomfortable, dry skin that peels maybe once a month. The dryness lasts about 3-4 days. Currently, I am using Retin-a-micro, and a topical acne thing. Any advice on how to make it go away for good, or just go away sooner? :boxer:

HELP!! :cry:

-young

I have dry skin but not as dry as yours I guess.
I only tends to have flakiness on my nose and feel tight around my cheeks.
Lancome Hydra Zen (normal to dry skin) is my all time favorite moisturizer, goes on perfectly smooth, fast absorbing and leaves my skin amazingly silky and soft that I can't stop touching my face :P
or during the days you feel super dry, do some moisturizing masks at home. there is this Olay hydrating mask (sheet mask), very nice and inexpensive. or the Biotherm one. you can also search for some cream masks. I'm currently using Origins Drink Up, really nothing special, though. :(
serums would help, too. you may wanna try Chanel Hydra Max serum.

It's definitely the Retin-A. Get your dermatologist to prescribe you Eryopak cream. It's an anti-biotic lotion that moisturizes and fights acne.

Please find a moisturizer with high sun protection, because if you are using acne medication like retinA, which contains a high level of vitamin A (retinol), this product might stain your skin permanently if its around excessive sunlight. Anyway, is always good reccomended to use a moisturizer with sun protection. :wink:

Dry Skin

does anyone know a good eye cream that moisturizes? lately my skin around my eyes has been dry and flakey, veryyyy aggrivating. i wake up and its like this, and sometimes at the end of the day. maybe its just the weather because it didnt do this a month ago or so. anyway....as inexpensive as possible please.

right now i just use oil of olay complete, which ive used for years. but i guess its not doing the job with whatever is going on with my skin now. (at least in the eye area)

-sasha

Originally posted by PradaP@Jul 4th, 2004 - 12:04 am
Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado :smile:
yeah this one is very moisturizing and nourishing :flower:

I know this sounds weird, but Vaseline works wonders for dry, crepey eyes. I'll put a little bit of Vaseline around my eyes before I go to bed, and I wake up with soft, smooth skin. I use it more of a treatment (once a week) than an every night thing.

I also like DHC's concentrated eye cream. It has olive oil and is nice for dry skin around the eyes.

Originally posted by MissPurple+Jul 4th, 2004 - 12:31 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MissPurple @ Jul 4th, 2004 - 12:31 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PradaP@Jul 4th, 2004 - 12:04 am
Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado :smile:
yeah this one is very moisturizing and nourishing :flower: [/b][/quote]
thanks, where can i find that? just any old walmart?

and julieann, thanks for that idea also, ill pick some of that up too.

Cetaphil lotion is really good...you can find that at any good old Wal-Mart...I believe Kiehl's is sold at more higher end stores such as Holt Renfrew in Canada :wink:

you should be able to find Kiehls at regular department stores like Nordstrom.

me as well, lately ive been noticing really really bad dry spots on my face, (around my nose and between my eyes on the bridge of my nose.)

what can anyone recommend for that?? thanks in advance! :flower:

I use Estee Lauder's Idealist, and it works great on my skin... for around the eyes, I either use NoAge Yeux by Dior, and I also use Chanel Presicion Eye tonic, in a very cute roll on container, that saves you sooo much time and product while applying... of course, I went out of line cause these are not cheap-cheap stuff :doh:

Protecting Dry Winter Skin

So winter is coming up and it gets down to - 18 C around here.
Is there any good products that should be used during winter
to protect the skin from the cold ?

lips and a little around the eyes : 8 hour cream
skin : rich thick moisturiser for dry skin : try biotherm pink range.....apply 2-3 times a day

because the weather is so cold.......it will really damage your skin if u dont take care of it

if u dont have one.....u might wanna buy a humidifyer for your home, that will help a lot

my skin is already starting to feel chapped with the cold wind. Been using cucumber cream on my cheeks!

Dont use anything that contains water, it will freeze on your skin and cause damage. I use eight hour cream when I climb, it works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->