Dsquared²

Tom86

Reaction score
Hello,

Perhaps i didnt look careful enough but i wasn't able to find any thread about Dean&Dan Carten (Dsquared²) on the first few pages of this board.

In Germany Dsquared² is a major trend and in nearly every club you can spot someone wearing something of this brand.

I wonder if this is also a trend in England/USA/Canada and so on or if this brand ís only that that much hyped in Germany?

Forgive me if this thread isn't located correctly but this is my first post and i dunno exactly where to place ist.

Forigve me also if my english isn't that perfect :wink:

MfG
Tom

we have threads on each of their collections....
they should be easily located using the search function....

and i can tell you that it is not very popular here in the US...
it is mostly considered sort of tacky...

though i think that the menswear is somewhat popular in the gay community...

welcome to tFS btw...:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
The collection is without doubt selling, otherwise they wouldn´t have as many stockists as that worldwide. Let´s face it, it´s easy, it´s flashy, it´s in your face so that everybody will understand where the money went... :innocent:

It´s indeed very strong in Germany where high end menswear is almost entirely considered as luxury sportswear, thus, a lot of high-end denim, jersey and designer sneakers. This goes from youngsters to people in their mid-fourties.

DSquared very popular among the Hong Kong celebrity crowd (male) who a lot of people think are gay behind the scenes...that might give you some indication :lol:

It was hot like 2-3 years ago.. and it just died down here in the USA.. you get still so much of leftover at the sale.

Yes the clientel is gay and out...B)

I am wondering if they are going to do a brokeback mountain theme:innocent:... Oops.. they did it already... :rolleyes:

ionn26 said:
It was hot like 2-3 years ago.. and it just died down here in the USA.. you get still so much of leftover at the sale.

Yes the clientel is gay and out...B)

I am wondering if they are going to do a brokeback mountain theme:innocent:... Oops.. they did it already... :rolleyes:

Season, after season, after season...

i have to defend Dsquared² a bit:

I think many of the pieces are crap, okay thats right BUT some are still very good and easy to combine with other pieces.

So after all i like Dsquared, i think its more wearable than many other brands (i.e Galliano or JPG)

Tom86 said:
i have to defend Dsquared² a bit:

I think many of the pieces are crap, okay thats right BUT some are still very good and easy to combine with other pieces.

So after all i like Dsquared, i think its more wearable than many other brands (i.e Galliano or JPG)

I don't know if that's a valid argument, though. Every brand has a few very wearable pieces - that's a given. I detest Galliano in general, for example, but I have seen a few pieces with my own eyes that I would have loved to own. I think a better argument is the overall aesthetic of the brand, which in D2's case is pretty similar to Galliano, Dolce, etc...

No offense, but you looked like you rolled out of an American Eagle catalog. How much did that stuff cost you? I don't see the appeal... :unsure:

andrew said:
No offense, but you looked like you rolled out of an American Eagle catalog. How much did that stuff cost you? I don't see the appeal... :unsure:

ouch :doh:

andrew said:

Whats an American-Eagle Catalog?

This is only a "School-Outfit", no High-Fashion. Would be a bit overdressed visiting school with Dior Homme etc.

What it costed, lets see:

White Shirt, Armani ~ 100€
Dsquared² Hoodie ~249€
Roberto Cavalli Jeans dunno, i think ~299€
Belt ~79€
Shoes ~ 299€
Dogtags ~120€

But i dont think that prices are _that_ important.

Do you others agree with him that the outfit is to simple?

Tom86 said:
Whats an American-Eagle Catalog?

This is only a "School-Outfit", no High-Fashion. Would be a bit overdressed visiting school with Dior Homme etc.

What it costed, lets see:

White Shirt, Armani ~ 100€
Dsquared² Hoodie ~249€
Roberto Cavalli Jeans dunno, i think ~299€
Belt ~79€
Shoes ~ 299€
Dogtags ~120€

But i dont think that prices are _that_ important.

Do you others agree with him that the outfit is to simple?

I think what andrew was trying to say is that it's not a matter of simplicity, but a matter of it not being worth the money. american eagle is an american brand that produces exactly the type of clothing you wore in the picture you posted, for 10% of the price you paid for the items you mentioned. it's kind of the emperor's new clothes moment. i'm sorry, i hope I don't sound too harsh :flower:

Ah ok.
I understand thee but isnt H&M the same with i.e D&G or some German Brand (Dont know Name..) with dior Homme?
In my oppinnion its a matter of facts that you (in most cases) can get nearly the same items as you buy from expensive brands by searching in cheap warehouses and so on.
And i simply like good quality and things that i can wear more than 1 year without getting them destroyed by washing and so on.

But in general, dont you like the style? Does it look "too young" for you or so?
I am 19 y. old.

I have heard that D2 is very popular among some ppl here in Poland. The drive in, buy and drive out:-P wearing alot of gold blings blings.

I'm not saying you need to wear a full-on Dior Homme everyday (I sure as hell don't), nor am I dogging on your style... Dsquared2 has some nice stuff, good peacoats and so on. But I wouldn't hold this look up as something that justifies Dsquared2 as a great place to get nice fashion items...

... What I meant by the American Eagle comment is that 90% of the guys on campus here wear an identical look at less than 1/10 the cost....The hoodie, the shirt, the jeans, the shoes... All of it. Which I think is the issue many people have with Dsquared2; you're wearing a very casual school outfit (in styling, silhouette and fabric), but you're paying high fashion prices in the process, which strikes me as very odd. I don't want to sound like a dick, so I'm sorry if I come across that way... It just doesn't really jive with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I´m 20 and German, but I still dislike DSquared´s style a lot - see, it´s very pop-culturally referenced, very MTV, very much what obviously trendy people wear. Trendyness in itself is a concept that speaks against longevity and timelessness of design, who on earth would wear a t-shirt with tacky printwork for a longer period of time? That´s exactly not what I am looking for in designer clothes, I would much rather buy clothes like these from H&M or any other high street label.

andrew said:
I'm not saying you need to wear a full-on Dior Homme everyday (I sure as hell don't), nor am I dogging on your style... Dsquared2 has some nice stuff, good peacoats and so on. But I wouldn't hold this look up as something that justifies Dsquared2 as a great place to get nice fashion items...

... What I meant by the American Eagle comment is that 90% of the guys on campus here wear an identical look at less than 1/10 the cost....The hoodie, the shirt, the jeans, the shoes... All of it. Which I think is the issue many people have with Dsquared2; you're wearing a very casual school outfit (in styling, silhouette and fabric), but you're paying high fashion prices in the process, which strikes me as very odd. I don't want to sound like a dick, so I'm sorry if I come across that way... It just doesn't really jive with me.

I think it depends on context too...in a lot of European sportswear mags I see photos of people dressed like Tom86 and instead of thinkin 'American Eagle' i am picturing an Italian sportswear look that many young, trendy kids would wear...even in Luisa Via Roma a lot of those models are styled in sporty looks like that. Whereas if you were in the USA, Tom86, I wouldn't wear that as my 'dress to impress' outfit, it indeed looks too similar to what every other college kid got from the local mall, nobody would know you're wearing $$$...it's hard to distinguish high-end labels from mallwear given different context and types of fashion education.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->