Dsquared²

Hehe... american campus wear is 'dress to impress' outfit here in Europe...

I mean.. how pathetic is that ? :ninja:

.. and why is there something wrong with wearing DH to school?? :innocent:

Baizilla said:
Hehe... american campus wear is 'dress to impress' outfit here in Europe...

I mean.. how pathetic is that ? :ninja:

.. and why is there something wrong with wearing DH to school?? :innocent:

Looking at it conversely, I'm sure a lot of what Americans would deem 'formal/work wear' (I don't mean 'fashion' America, but average America) with the ill fitting suits, boring pants and shirts would probably be frowned on by Europeans with an eye for suiting/tailoring details and quality.

I think all of you are right and i also do agree with your points.

I think fashion is very depending of age, "job" and country. Maybe that in USA my outfit would be a normale campus look, but in germany its really.. uh, (at least a bit), special.

The normal german Schhol Loook-alike (at least at my gramma-schoolI is:
Bluejeans without any printing, mostly not even used-washed, pull-over from a sportswear company (i.e adidas, nike..) or a simple, cheap Tee.

I mostly try to dress up like some fashionable, famous people on music-tv and so on, simply because i think it fits my age-group best.

Dior Homme is nice, i totally agree with you BUT i think its a look that neither fits for school nor for my age. In a few years it will be perfectly fine for me, but until then i will stick around with D&G, Dsquared and other "young" labels.

I also have to mention that i dont know the trends in the U.S so i dont know if perhaps in America the trends are exactly the opposite or so.

MfG
Tom :-)

Tom86 said:
I think all of you are right and i also do agree with your points.

I think fashion is very depending of age, "job" and country. Maybe that in USA my outfit would be a normale campus look, but in germany its really.. uh, (at least a bit), special.

The normal german Schhol Loook-alike (at least at my gramma-schoolI is:
Bluejeans without any printing, mostly not even used-washed, pull-over from a sportswear company (i.e adidas, nike..) or a simple, cheap Tee.

I mostly try to dress up like some fashionable, famous people on music-tv and so on, simply because i think it fits my age-group best.

Dior Homme is nice, i totally agree with you BUT i think its a look that neither fits for school nor for my age. In a few years it will be perfectly fine for me, but until then i will stick around with D&G, Dsquared and other "young" labels.

I also have to mention that i dont know the trends in the U.S so i dont know if perhaps in America the trends are exactly the opposite or so.

MfG
Tom :-)

Cool, thanks for sharing your input! Always interested to hear people from all over the globe's perspectives on style as it relates to their own daily lives and surroundings.

A lot of people seem to frown upon some of the brands you listed, and the whole philosophy of dressing like celebrities in these brands...while they might not be my style, personally I feel like if you're young, now is the time to wear what you want, exercise freedom, and just rock whatever before you end up looking like Patrick Tse, a 70 year old man tryin to wear Von Dutch and Dior Homme...

What i read here is also very interesting.

I am a bit surprised about your at least "a bit" negative thoughts about Dsquared² and so on, because in nearly all german fashion boards Dsquared² and Dean&Dan are at least for half of the people "Gods" of Fashion.
I dont hype em that much but i think this kind of "Italian" Fashion is the favorite of many germans.

But i understand thee if you think that i.e Dior Homme is more kind of high fashion than Dsquared² and i totally agree with that.
But in the small City i live in you cant wear such things in everydays life (although i would like to). I know this really sucks but i dont want to move, i like the place i'm living in.

Perhaps in a big german City i.e Berlin or Munich it wouldnt be looked at your scared if you wore Dior Homme or JPG or so on, but here everyone would talk about you negative beyond your back and so on.. perhaps some of you know this situation.

Here in my City its nearly negative to wear brands.. its kind of.. yeah, as if one half of the people would like to take your clothes away because they themselfes cant afford them and one half hates you because you show what you wear. So it's kinda strange here.

Tom86 said:
What i read here is also very interesting.

I am a bit surprised about your at least "a bit" negative thoughts about Dsquared² and so on, because in nearly all german fashion boards Dsquared² and Dean&Dan are at least for half of the people "Gods" of Fashion.
I dont hype em that much but i think this kind of "Italian" Fashion is the favorite of many germans.

But i understand thee if you think that i.e Dior Homme is more kind of high fashion than Dsquared² and i totally agree with that.
But in the small City i live in you cant wear such things in everydays life (although i would like to). I know this really sucks but i dont want to move, i like the place i'm living in.

Perhaps in a big german City i.e Berlin or Munich it wouldnt be looked at your scared if you wore Dior Homme or JPG or so on, but here everyone would talk about you negative beyond your back and so on.. perhaps some of you know this situation.

Here in my City its nearly negative to wear brands.. its kind of.. yeah, as if one half of the people would like to take your clothes away because they themselfes cant afford them and one half hates you because you show what you wear. So it's kinda strange here.
'

Devil worshippers :lol:

BTW, you know they are Canadian, right?

andrew said:
No offense, but you looked like you rolled out of an American Eagle catalog. How much did that stuff cost you? I don't see the appeal... :unsure:
LOL...I totally agree!!:lol: ...i don't find anything "eye-catching" about the outfit...:innocent:

haha vy88 feisty lady :wink: :P

but seriously, upon closer inspection i can tell that isn't a cookie cutter mall outfit...look closely at the distressing on the Cavalli jeans; mall brands (A&F, AE), don't have that kind of clean, meticulous whiskering and distressing.

Fade to Black said:
haha vy88 feisty lady :wink: :P

but seriously, upon closer inspection i can tell that isn't a cookie cutter mall outfit...look closely at the distressing on the Cavalli jeans; mall brands (A&F, AE), don't have that kind of clean, meticulous whiskering and distressing.

yeah...but if you were to go out in public...anyone would over those small details especially people who don't have any fashion expertise:innocent:

I honestly can't grasp what's the secret behind the Catens' fortune. Even up here in tiny Helsinki it's suprisingly popular...well mostly with gay hairdressers and Pop Idol wannabes, but still. Even in the only ok menswear store in town ,selling Margiela etc, there's this massive cash-cow rail full of freaking DSquared2.

Not to mention that the twins manage to break just about every rule of my aesthetics and irritate me to death, I just refuse to understand why people pay all that money for their crap. Also I've often wondered, if the women's line is selling to anyone else than Britney? Girls or heterosexual males out there, anyone wearing the Catens?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you told me where you bought those clothes, Id say A&F, American Eagle and H&M, they're just not, remarkable.

I can't think of anywhere that sells DSquared in this area, only Saks in Chevy Chase and there is one rack of clothes and a few accessories, far more Sander, Barrett, etc. It's also just the area, very conservative.

I can't stand Dsquared, phenominally expensive CHEAP clothing.

If you told me where you bought those clothes, Id say A&F, American Eagle and H&M, they're just not, remarkable.

I can't think of anywhere that sells DSquared in this area, only Saks in Chevy Chase and there is one rack of clothes and a few accessories, far more Sander, Barrett, etc. It's also just the area, very conservative. That's mens, there is no womens Dsquared that I can think of.

I can't stand Dsquared, phenominally expensive CHEAP clothing.

Tom86 might look a little less American Eagle if he was wearing his D Squared outfit tighter, more gay boy style than slobby college student style.

Dsquared just to be really creative, is used to be worn by a more fashion forward crowd but now it is just like diesel.
What you see on the runway is not even availble in the most store just the stupid tshirt with the same fit but with a different print season after season.
Give them a few more season and the most are over them.

I dont want to wear it thighter, dont want to look like a gay, because even if i look like on the picture there are guys around goin' close to me and i dont really like this :D

Hm how i said.. i dont think the phenomena that you can get designer-esque stuff in cheap shops is a dsquared-only phenomena. You can adapt ihr for nearly ANY designer.

And sorry folks, the outfit SHOULD look casual. Iam not one of the people that must show that they wear designer clothes by looking strange ^^ i only wear em because they have nice fit, very good quality and, of course, often look nice, too.

But its simply a everydays Outfit for a normal student, dont wanna look like from the catwalk, bcz i think this often seam "wannabe".

I really don't see what everyone's beef with Dsquared is really.
I find it completely fine, and I can see why people are so obsessed
with it, but most of the things they make are so casual that I just
don't see anything bad about it. eh, I own a couple pieces of D2,
1 jean, 2 scarves, 1 shirt and 1 hat.

Though when I was looking through some of there more expensive pieces I notice that it has such nice detailing an perfect tailoring. When I see it
in the runway it's like ok a black cropped jacket, what so great about it? and
when you see it in person and you see the inside detailing and the unique
engraved buttons and the fit and how comfy it is, that's when I started
really liking dsquared.

What I really like is how Dean and Dan make their stuff so fun, and they've
been doing that forever and people are like boo, cause they think fashion
is supposed to be serious or something. I like that they stick to what they
want and how they have fun with it and their customers seem to like it to.

I wonder if the people who are so negative about Dsquared have ever actually owned any of their clothing. Granted, the quality isn't fantastic, though it is good enough that an average person could tell the difference between garments from Abercrombie and Dsquared.

It probably reminds you of A&F and AE because they are very similar. They're not overly dressy brands, they're casual. I don't know about you guys, but I attend high school in one of the country's most conservatively dressed counties. Waxed jeans, beaded sweaters and checkerboard jackets would stand out in the worst way against kids wearing head to toe Lilly, Lacoste, and Burberry. Granted, button downs adorned with Teepees and Church polo shirts are a little out there, but Dsquared fits day to day life quite well. Is it overpriced? Of course, but people are certainly aware of the label and it's value. To many, Dior Homme and pals wouldn't look nearly as expensive as it actually is.

Dsquared is fantastic because it relates well to "average" American clothing while at the same time sticking out as "better". Along with Dolce & Gabbana and Miu Miu/Prada, they're the best "designer" to wear to High School. I love labels like Dior Homme and such, but the amount of negative glances and comments you'd receive outweigh the opinion of the one person who might realize what it actually is. Don't forget about the fit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->