Dsquared²

They dont but people THINK that gay people wear thight jeans.. but no matter what, thight jeans rock.

Amo_Armani said:
Dsquared is fantastic because it relates well to "average" American clothing while at the same time sticking out as "better".

I'm not American so i wouldn't know, but...

.. based on the current season.. "average" American clothing is looking like you've just walked out of Brokeback Mountain ? :ninja:

Here is the thing with DSquared2. I loved them when they came through with the ultra-campy great white north collection, so many funny shirts, and unique ways of using lumberjack inspired fabrics, but since then the brand has seemed to me, to become an over price American Eagle. The Great White north had so many little couture touches, like the fur on the hat, the great embroideries that were on so many of the jackets, zippers placed in the most vulgar places, but that is what they were about. now they just say, well lets pic a theme, add hats to match that theme and refer to the AE website, a down jacket for winter, and destroyed jeans, and EXTREMELY low quality tees. I just feel as if they have lost their touch, their creativity. I'm bored with them.

Amo_Armani said:
Waxed jeans, beaded sweaters and checkerboard jackets would stand out in the worst way against kids wearing head to toe Lilly, Lacoste, and Burberry.To many, Dior Homme and pals wouldn't look nearly as expensive as it actually is. I love labels like Dior Homme and such, but the amount of negative glances and comments you'd receive outweigh the opinion of the one person who might realize what it actually is. Don't forget about the fit!

Why do you care? One should get extra kicks out of shocking the American puritans. I went to high school in the Finnish bushes wearing Yohji and Comme and nobody gave a bloody glimpse...and that's 10 years ago.

tuomas said:
Why do you care? One should get extra kicks out of shocking the American puritans. I went to high school in the Finnish bushes wearing Yohji and Comme and nobody gave a bloody glimpse...and that's 10 years ago.

I agree with this post, karma for you.

In addition:...what's the point of blending in or adjusting your style to everyone else really...and why does it necessarily have to be Dior Homme, Dolce & Gabbana, or whatever. I mean if you can go to High School wearing Yohji Yamamoto, Ann Demeulemeester, Comme des Garcons, I give you props. Until then you're just wearing standard GQ fare anyway.

Just to make it clear before someone threatens me with a gun cos of my last post. I didn't mean that every teenager should drown in weird Japanese of Belgian rags, but one shouldn't care so much what the others think. It doesn't bloody hell matter if it's DH or dad's old sweater, if you really happen to like it. I know the teens can be real b*tches to someone looking a bit different, but maybe DSquared2 isn't the best way to sneak in some individuality.

I do think that as a demonstration of individuality, especially in culturally conformist America, Japanese or Belgian rags are the way to go, and indeed the way forward ^_^

Why do gay guys wear tight jeans? It hurts, especially when you see a hot guy :( :D ouch!

I think DSquared was great when they had Dennis Manzoni in they're ad campains and Runway's but now that he's gone. I really don't care that much anymore.......I wish He'd come back. He was Awesome!!!!

Fade to Black said:
if you're young, now is the time to wear what you want, exercise freedom, and just rock whatever before you end up looking like Patrick Tse, a 70 year old man tryin to wear Von Dutch and Dior Homme...

I think you hit the nail on the head, just wear whatever you want. But I personally don't think it's smart to pay ridiculous prices for Dsquared when you can find similar clothes from high street labels for a fraction of the price...

What ever happened to Von Dutch? I havent heard about it lately...i know they have a store in Chicago, but ive never went there either...blah!

JJohnson said:
What ever happened to Von Dutch? I havent heard about it lately...i know they have a store in Chicago, but ive never went there either...blah!

I saw some girl in art history class wearing Von Dutch corduroy pants....they didn't have the usual 'VON DUTCH' splattered somewhere on the thighs of the pants, the only way i knew was the leather label on the back of waist. Could've been fakes.

^^^ Interesting...im used to Von Dutch putting itself all over the place...was there an eyeball with wings? That is also one of their logos

Tom86 said:
I dont want to wear it thighter, dont want to look like a gay, because even if i look like on the picture there are guys around goin' close to me and i dont really like this :D

Hm how i said.. i dont think the phenomena that you can get designer-esque stuff in cheap shops is a dsquared-only phenomena. You can adapt ihr for nearly ANY designer.

And sorry folks, the outfit SHOULD look casual. Iam not one of the people that must show that they wear designer clothes by looking strange ^^ i only wear em because they have nice fit, very good quality and, of course, often look nice, too.

But its simply a everydays Outfit for a normal student, dont wanna look like from the catwalk, bcz i think this often seam "wannabe".

heeyy i think you look really good..... if you like it, what do people care if you paid a lot for it or not... its your money anyways!!! :flower:

"dont want to look like a gay" Classy. Quite frankly, darling I dont think you dress well enough. Also boys come around you dressed like that? Maybe they wanted to make you over.

You're straight, Tom...really. Well you sure chose strictly Hetero labels like DSquared, D&G and Prada...

Baizilla, average American clothing is what Tom wears, literally. Oh and big clunky sneakers...oh wait...

^ :rofl:

I'm so sick of people thinking in boxes and stereotypes.. :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
Diorling said:
Well you sure chose strictly Hetero labels like DSquared, D&G and Prada...

I wonder how "heterosexual" these labels really are, considering their advertising image... and just have a look on certain Dsquared print shirts, they are often playing that ******** homo-card out. :ninja:

This thread is really really inane, is it not. D Squared is rubbish, everybody with an ounce of taste or genuine interest in clothing can see that surely. And whether we like it or not, or prefer free thinking to boxed in thinking or not, it is clearly camp and marketed to the gay male community (don't know about the womenswear), which, after all, as Tom Ford knew better than anyone, is a very lucrative area of the male "designer clothing" market.

Diorling said:
"dont want to look like a gay" Classy. Quite frankly, darling I dont think you dress well enough. Also boys come around you dressed like that? Maybe they wanted to make you over.

You're straight, Tom...really. Well you sure chose strictly Hetero labels like DSquared, D&G and Prada...

Baizilla, average American clothing is what Tom wears, literally. Oh and big clunky sneakers...oh wait...

ouch...you just took him to school!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->