Dsquared²

The "a gay" thing is hilarious actually. There's a whole sketchshow (or at least a famous sketch forming part of a sketch show) in the UK virtually built around that gay-as-noun usuage ("I'm the only gay in the village"). I don't think Tom meant it to be funny though........which is kind of why it's funny.

i think i bought a fake dsquared sweater from a guy, but im not so in to dsquared so i need some help from you guys, first, where are the dsquared sweater made? and what is the easiest way to see its not fake? it has serienumber pieces of paper which is inside the sweater does not match other dsquared sweaters and the material and the tag was different.

It must have a second size-shield in the shoulder, as far as i know.

Sorry guys, i didnt meen the gay funny. But i didnt know that americans end so on think that dsquared is for gays (homosexual men..).

AND i dont think that you can know if a person is gay or not by looking at what he dressed. In fact, some homesexual men i know dress very stylish (more stylish than many heterosexual men i know).

But.. i dont think this is the topic i ment.

lapassion said:
i think i bought a fake dsquared sweater from a guy, but im not so in to dsquared so i need some help from you guys, first, where are the dsquared sweater made? and what is the easiest way to see its not fake? it has serienumber pieces of paper which is inside the sweater does not match other dsquared sweaters and the material and the tag was different.

:lol: it was probably real, he just didnt want it :lol:

In Norway it sells alot, there is a big market for rich, gay men without taste here.

^ in the recent years, it has been selling a lot as well in Denmark...

It is so sad to see this development...

I always thought dsquared2 to be quite trashy, but Tom's outfit is more boring than tacky ...

That said, Tom, I am truly sorry that you are getting more or less trashed in this thread. I guess you anticipated another outcome, considering the brand's status in Germany. Well, it is always better to know the truth, you seem a little young but maybe it is time to grow a little anyway. Where I come from, Germans' fashion sense is a bit of a joke, but again, most people joking have not been much in Germany. I have, and I dislike both the average
look, the over-tanned noveau riche-look and the MTV-inspired wannabe-yet-not-making-it look (this wanna-be status applies to the actual MTV-people as well as their followers). However, there is a small percentage of Germans that look amazing, mainly the ones playing with second handish gear in Berlin and some beautiful people in Frankfurt (and München, im sure) creating a look that is personal, appealing and stands on its own rather than being a poor copy.

However, my main point of this post actually; I do want to applaud you Tom for actually posting your clothes. I find so many people on this forum have mighty high opinions on this and that style, yet very few actually prove that their opinions are worth listning to by showing their own flawless taste ... (I am of course no exception. :wink: )

Frankly speaking tom I'm not a big fan of the outfit either (as many before have mentioned), nonetheless, my opinion really shouldn't matter if you are happy with what you're wearing. I mean good God tom, just wear whatever the hell you want to wear. It really should be irrelevent whether or not others think highly of dsquared or coin it an overpriced american eagle, if it's your thing then it's your thing.

Many "fashionistas" (or whatever such peoples call themselves) frown upon labels as D&G, Dolce & Gabbana (only recently), DSquared2 (moreso) and whatever else have you, and it has been proven as such on this thread, however, if you still insist on wearing and defending DSquared (as it seems like you're trying to do as of late) then go on wearing DSquared with pride. Sure, you should also give American Eagle and A&F a shot if that's your thing (i'm sure you'll save some money that way) but I mean, to each their own right?

I say this because all I am seeing on this thread is people hating (diorling comes to mind) both on Dsquared and your outfit (though providing you with alternatives nonetheless) and you in turn defending your outfit and in effect, Dsquared. So I guess you really like the label (and you of course are entitled to doing so), and now you hear all these tfs members suggesting that the market for Dsquared is bunk and predominantly populated by "gay men with no taste" (aminos), but according to you, you don't believe you fit into the "gay m[a]n with no taste" (aminos) category. So I reckon it'd be a good choice if you just left this thread alone (because it's mostly going to be a one-sided discussion from here on) and keep doin' whatever you're doing man. Just do your own thing dude, that's all I'm trying to say (yes I am aware that it took me for too long to get to my point but... whatever).

Last edited by a moderator:
Pillarist - Tom was kind of asking for views on D Squared, and that's what he got. I don't agree with people personalising comments on outfits, but again, if you post a picture of yourself you're sort of asking for it. And no one here calls themselves fashionistas! :lol: . Isn't it valid to have a disparaging view on D Squared, as you yourself have? You're right that Tom doesn't have to listen to you, but he doesn't have to listen to anyone, and not just because any person stating a view says that. Why assume that but for your humble "but that's just my opinion" Tom would think anything else?

ofcourse i wear it.
why you ask?
:shock::blink:
ask me again in a few hours
when i sober up.
but in my opinion
i look pretty good right now,
all dolled up in dsquared bisiness.

:woot:

now whers the hows the weather thread.
i look good there too.

Wearing a mercerised pink suit and a two-tone pink-purple shirt I feel like I can hardly comment, but I will: Dsquared - don't do it.

Big mistake not to try, Prince
and it's a blouse, not shirt.
You would enjoy it if you just tried it
even in the privacy of a doctor's office.
Or airport waiting lounge.
Or taxi stand.
Where you wait for taxis, I mean.

I blame raf simmons.
But i look good.
I think.

His outfit picture wasn't working for me before. Yes, it is very casual. But it's a lot more intricate than what I see when watching High School kids on MTV. You can tell that there are definitely some awesome subtle details in there. Plenty of designers are praised for sending out models that look similar to bums on the street, why isn't Tom getting any credit for intentionally looking "average"? Moderately hypocritical if you ask me.

To be honest, I think that Dsquared's market is far more tasteful than what people think. The only extremely flamboyant gay people I've ever seen wearing Dsquared were either wearing horrible fakes or the most common tees. The people who I've noticed buy the more "respectable" items (button downs and trousers) were all completely heterosexual or someone with enough "style" to buy pieces from Dior Homme. You can come up with stereotypes for any brand.

Like any designer, Dsquared has its share of problems. But I feel that the quirkiness and versatility of most pieces more than make up for them.

nobody even posts Dsquared collections on here anymore. It's gone so beyong eurotrash.

I didn't see a thread specifically for dean and Dan so i guess i can post this here

Usher was in Milan, Italy on Thursday at a suit fitting with Fashion designers Dean and Dan of Dsquared2. Dean and Dan will be creating the suits for Usher’s upcoming “Ladies Only Tour.”
CocreteLoop

us1.jpg

us9.jpg

dsquared for usher couldn't have been more perfect. tacky meets tackier. love it!

^^I would actually have to disagree. When it comes to formal wear for men, Dsquared2 really knows how to cut a suit and their shoes are very edgy but still classy.

Caten Twins Shine in Cannes

http://www.wwd.com/lifestyle-news/eye/caten-twins-shine-in-cannes-2141367?justin=2141367

Dressed in matching gold jackets, Dsquared2 twins Dan and Dean Caten didn’t let a small interruption in the power supply disrupt the party to fete their first French store here Tuesday, followed by a shindig for some 400 guests, including the ubiquitous Paris Hilton and Dita Von Teese, to celebrate their vintage-inspired eyewear line in a villa in the hills above the town.

Like almost every other brand in town, Dsquared2 has a showroom in the Hotel Martinez this week. "They have more showrooms in the hotel than rooms," quipped Dan. "You can get diamonds on the first floor, designers on five…everybody’s here."

Summing up Cannes fashion as "like New Year’s Eve everyday," Dean said there’s nowhere else where you see people decked out at 2 p.m. "Last year we were here with Natasha Poly and she lost her luggage and every night she was out in a different couture outfit, with diamonds all over. You don’t need luggage," he said.

Next up: The duo are scouting a location for a store in Paris. And while plans for a New York boutique were postponed due to the downturn, they hope to open a unit either there or in Los Angeles next year, capitalizing on their raised profile from their turn as co-hosts of Bravo’s new fashion show, "Launch My Line," which airs in September.

The duo intends the outfits they wear on screen to be in stores by the time each program airs and next season hopes to dress the show’s judges Stefani Greenfield and Lisa Kline.

The designers are also busy in their native land of Canada. They’ll shoot the commercial for their first scent in the mountain resort of Banff in July, then be honoured with a star on Toronto’s Walk of Fame in September, followed by taking up the designing mantle for outfits at the opening ceremony for Vancouver’s 2010 winter Olympics. "We’re already late on that one," said Dean. "They won’t tell us who we’re dressing," added Dan. "We’re like ‘Can I know who it is or at least give me the measurements so we can get started?’"

I agree with you guys, most things are as someone wrote - don't do it. But there are some bright moments in their collections. Actually, I have few Dsquared² accessories, they are a bit tacky LoL, but I like them. They're kinda cool. Me & my bf have matching belts, Lord for him & Lady for me. It was a gift. :P I know, I know couldn't be more mushy ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->