Dutch Vogue In The Making?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if them saying no to Vogue Africa right now was such a terrible thing. There are many logistical issues. How can they properly market it to all the different cultures on that continent? From Morocco to Namibia they have a lot to cover. What language would it be in? I guess English, like Vogue India? But there are regions where English doesn't have that much of a presence. How can you cover fashion for an entire continent where such drastic extremes exist? I don't blame them for saying no, it seems like an enormous endeavor.

I second that. In the end research and development expenses would be extremely high for a Vogue Africa issue (due to the intercultural differences as blueorchid mentioned, this issue couldn't cover entire Africa anways) and the low general purchasing power of Africa might indicade a low sales volume and low sales volume leads into a lack of print advertisement interest. Why should high fashion houses be interested to publish their print campaigns in a Vogue issue that aims a market with a lack for luxury fashion, anyways? Budgets for editorial content would be close to zero, maybe they wouldn't even run to fulfil the contribution margin... who knows...
The Netherlands have much better logistics infrastructure, higher purchasing and all...The issue could even become pretty relevant for the other two Beneluxian states. Luxembourg maybe not so much but remember Belgium.... Quite a potential market for this Dutch Vogue, too.

I just don't want it to be in Dutch. English would be so much easier.

Very interesting news. Dutch models're conquering high-fashion world now.

Imagine Lara, Daphne, Doutzen and Saskia in the same cover OMG...

Posted about this in the Business of Magazines thread a few weeks ago :buzz: I'm excited!

^I doubt it. But you never know.

BUT Wow a Dutch Vogue. That would be amazing, and even more I don't have to wait weeks before I can buy a vogue in holland (like vp comes out a month later or something in the stores), but i can buy it first!

My bet is Doutzen Kroes for the first cover. Everybody loves Doutzen and know Doutzen because of the numeros commercials for L'Oreal and her work for VS.

But I can imagine: Doutzen, Lara, Saskia, Daphne, Bette, Ymre, Nimue, Mirte, Patricia, Marloes (and older models like Marpessa, Daphne Dekkers), Kim, Melissa, Bregje, Josefien, Anna, Marte Mei, Marleen, Iris, Lonneke, Rianne, Lucette, Maud, Milou S, Milou G etc. all get their cover one day and eds!!!!!!!!!!!!! And indeed with the photographing duo I&V and the designers V&R and top Belgian designers, i'm sooo excited :D OH and Dutch Vogue if you go for it, then please use models instead of celebs, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an amazing idea to me, as a totally devoted fan of the Dutch models I can't help being excited about this.

The possibilities for Dutch photographers is endless.

My wishlist for Dutch photographers:
I&V
Matthias Vriens McGrath
Anuschka Blommers & Niels Schumm
Wendelien Daan
Viviane Sassen
Jan Welters
Carmen Freudenthal & Elle Verhagen

It would be interesting to see Anton Corbijn and Erwin Olaf in Vogue as well.
And it's a far cry but I think it would be very interesting to see Rineke Dijkstra contribute something in a fashion context as well.

i wish there was Vogue Scandinavia...
I'm not sure about Vogue Scandinavia but Vogue Sweden at the very least is a long overdue to me, even more so than Vogue Holland (which I am somewhat excited about), I hope that now that they're branching out (with Vogue Turkey last year, and now with Holland), the next stop will be Sweden..

Regarding Vogue Africa, I think blueorchid gave such a perfect explanation of it, there's no reason to get overly sensitive just because a more viable group of consumers is getting it while a less stable one isn't, it's all about numbers at the end of the day, not just handing candies to everyone.

why did it take so long?! hope this gets confirmed asap!
i think a Lara/Doutzen first cover would be perfect ^_^

i agree that a Vogue Sweden is needed too and if they're feeling generous i'd suggest a Vogue Argentina, Vogue Denmark and Vogue Canada :innocent:

about Africa.. yeah it wouldn't be easy to have a magazine for the whole continent, but what about a Vogue Morocco or a Vogue South Africa??

Fantastic news, with so much local talent, this could be an amazing addition to Vogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddttss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->