Engagement Rings / Wedding Bands

THE ANSWER IS IN ......

THE CHOICE:

CHOICE 1: Redesign a piece a jewellery to suit my need. With 9ct Diamond and 2x 2ct Trillion cuts.

CHOICE 2: Auction off the ring at Sotheby's or Christies where it was first bought then buy or design a ring to my specification.

CHOICE 3: Keep the ring for now and with NEW money buy a design a fantastic new ring I found online.

THE CHOICE.....

DA DA DA DA DA DA.

I chose Choice number ............................. 3 THREE.

The ring I'm having designed is by MOUAWAD. It will cost a lot, but who's counting, he's got a lot anyway, so why shouldn't I get a ring I prefer.

IF THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDN'T KNOW YET.

My boyfriend proposed. But the ring alas resembled that of a failed relationship with my former fiance so he was understanding enough to offer me three choices. And I Chose no 3. Anyway the design I chose by MOUAWAD is gorgeous.

OMG u serious?

can i see what it will approx look like...??

did u speak to MOUAWAD?

Yes, I spoke to him personally, and next week I am flying in to see him and some of his top designers to design the ring I want.

Will keep you posted and will try to post a design of the ring or a picture of it online.

i've been browsing old bond street recently......

best for diamonds are.......
van cleef & arpels (funky designs)
Graff (BIG and well cut stones)
Garrad (cool jewelles)
chanel fine jewellery ( beautiful beautiful)

Out of curiosity how big is a one carat, two carat etc diamond? Is there anywhere online that explains it? I'm off to ask Jeeves but I thought I'd try here as well.

Try going to diamond.com and look at the engagement rings.. it'll give you an idea of how big the carat sizes look.

Carat is a measurement of weight, not size. A larger, flatter diamond and a smaller, deeper diamond can both be one carat in weight.

I would consult some of the websites mentioned. These sites list the various measurement ratios that are acceptable or considered the standard.

A perfect ratio and cut will outshine most diamonds of a larger size.

:grrr:

A larger carat doesn't always mean a more expensive diamond contrary to popular belief.

There are three C's. Clarity, cut, and carat. Carat is evolved from the Arab word for the karob seed which was used to weight diamonds in the past.

1989.jpg

One of my favorite photographs by Helmut Newton.

That is about a 10 carat pear cut diamond.

yellow gold, white gold, platinum, diamonds... what are you sporting on your left hand? and if you're not what would your ideal set look like?

describe better yet, post pics!

My wedding ring and engagement ring are sitting untop of each other (on my right hand),
they are identical except that my engagement ring has a diamond and my wedding ring doesn't.

They are both made of
platinum,
brushed surface,
rounded at the edge,
4 mm wide.
None of the rings have inscriptions because as my sweetie said: there's only ever going to be the two of us..
no new husband in the future..so there's no need for an inscription to remind you who gave you the rings :blush:

The diamond isn't huge, I dislike too much flashy bling bling..I'm not doing an Elizabeth Taylor.
My husband was very against giving me a diamond engagement ring due to ethical reasons (conflict diamonds..)
but he knew I wanted one so he went against his believes and bought me it :heart:
It's a round cut, great clearity , 0,25 carat
The diamond setting is quiet unusual, a bended round edged band is holding it in place -so no snatching on any garments.

argh..I think I need to post a pic..a picture would be so much easier.

indeed I would love to see a picture! it sounds like what you are describing with the bended round edge is a 'bezel setting' - am I right?

I'm only engaged and am in love with my engagement ring. I find as I'm typing at work my eyes just go to it and I have to take a moment to admire it ... ahhhhhhhh :smile:

Mine is a round solitaire on a yellow gold band - it gradually gets pinched at the diamond so all the attention goes straight to it. It's .5 carat and it's a perfect diamond. So shiny it's unbelievable...

I had no say in picking it yet I am so pleased with it... it's so simple yet lovely, just a classic!

Congratulations Ferda it sounds lovely..good for you that your fiance has good taste!

To answer your question..no it's not a 'bezel setting' setting (had to googkle that..had NO idea that setting had names :rolleyes: ) the 'bezel setting' 's I found pictures of were like a ríng around the stone..and my setting is a bended ring..so you can actually see the stone from the side from the two sides where the setting isn't bended.

this is my engagement ring, except the diamonds are princess cut. the center stone is .75 carats, and side stones are .33

SRSI23062_P_lrg.jpg

my band doesn't match it...i couldn't find a pic, but it's a pave band, with diamonds half way around. I think it's .5 carat total weight.

I have my dream set- my husband did an amazing job picking it out all by himself. The engagement ring is platinum, with a 1.83 round diamond, F color, VS1 clarity. It is set in band that has pave diamonds going all the way around in a beaded setting.
My wedding band matches the setting of the engagement ring and is very thin, with diamonds all the way around.

My mom didn't get a diamond in her wedding ring until my parents could afford it.

I could care less as long as its not too flashy.

Preferably not gold too. :blush:

I'm not married yet...yet...

My mum's wedding ring was a plain gold band but engraved with art nouveau flowers by the Polish jeweller who was their neightbour...I think it was stolen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->