Engagement Rings / Wedding Bands

Originally posted by kimair@Nov 4 2004, 04:28 PM
this is my engagement ring, except the diamonds are princess cut. the center stone is .75 carats, and side stones are .33

my band doesn't match it...i couldn't find a pic, but it's a pave band, with diamonds half way around. I think it's .5 carat total weight.
[snapback]418012[/snapback]​

That is downright gorgeous. I love blue, not a huge fan of diamonds... my ring is a rectangular sapphire on top of a bridge with a row of diamonds underneath. The wedding band matches the row of diamonds on the engagment ring. They're both platinum. I'm not a gold person. I love them. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's weird
You just described my mother's wedding band
It was a thick band of Russian gold with art nouveau leaves and flowers
very uncommon for the time and place.
I love to look at it when i'm at her house.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Nov 4 2004, 06:47 PM
I'm not married yet...yet...

My mum's wedding ring was a plain gold band but engraved with art nouveau flowers by the Polish jeweller who was their neightbour...I think it was stolen...
[snapback]418182[/snapback]​

Well, I'm not engaged yet -- but that doesn't meant I can't look! For an engagement ring, I am super-duper in love with a single stone on a very thin band with pave diamonds, like this Michael B. one. Too bad it's $3,200 for JUST the band (not to mention the $2,800 for the matching wedding ring!). :shock:

Oh, but isn't it just gorgeous? :heart: :heart: :heart:

SIGH.

michael_b.jpg

My commitment band, since this lovely country :rolleyes: doesn't allow me to marry is an antique 18k white gold with a natural blue diamond (2carats) cushion cut in a tension setting. :brows:

oh sugarjunkie that ring is gorgeous! I like simple rings I don't really like gold.. I like white gold or platinum. I can't find a picture to post but one of my favorite rings is a diamond Chanel camelia flower! It's beautiful

I'm so excited, I know my boyfriend has bought a ring but apparently it's being custom made so I haven't seen it yet. Should be any day now. All I know is that it meets my preference of being platnum and the dimond is square (is that princess cut?).

:heart: :blush:

Did I ever remember to tell you what I eventually got for an engagement ring. If some of you can remember, my fiance inherited some money and jewellery from a family member. He bought this huge pink diamond ring at Christies. "Its a 9ct marquis diamond with 2 smaller trillon cut diamonds flanked". Anyway we sold it later at Sothebys and made more money that we paid. I didn't want such a huge diamond, anyway, cause where was I going to wear it. Anyhow he designed me a new ring with a pink oval cut diamond (about 5.5ct - bought at the auction), and smaller diamond set around the diamond (about 2.7ct - also bought at the auction).It cost much less that what it would have if we bought it new. It is so beautifull

If I find a picture of it or something similar I will post it.

well he asked over the holidays on the 23rd to be exact. It was one of the sweetest moments of my life*gush*

the ring is wonderful. Very simple yet stylish and I love it.
It's a platnum band that's quite wide with a 0.6ct beautiful diamond princess cut. It's perfect for me in size and style.

Congrats Jennika! :woot:
That sounds like a great ring. are you planning the wedding yet? ^_^

sugarjunkie said:
Well, I'm not engaged yet -- but that doesn't meant I can't look! For an engagement ring, I am super-duper in love with a single stone on a very thin band with pave diamonds, like this Michael B. one. Too bad it's $3,200 for JUST the band (not to mention the $2,800 for the matching wedding ring!). :shock:

Oh, but isn't it just gorgeous? :heart: :heart: :heart:

SIGH.

michael_b.jpg
I have my eyes set on getting my future wife whom I have yet to meet a classic tiffany ring, but after seeing this I think I'm have some decisions to make!

For those still shopping around (or who just love to admire), the forum at Diamond Talk is really exceptional. They know their diamonds and jewelry!!

I don't like jewellery at all.

The only thing I am wearing is my wedding ring.

very simple and classic, and I :heart: it.
5mm flat platinum wedding band ring, brushed/matte. I wear it on the right ring finger.

care of platinum rings

I just got engaged over the holidays and my fiance gave me the most lovely platnum engagement ring.

I've never worn any ring on a regular basis nevermind a valuable one that I will wear for the rest of my life. I've had it less than three weeks and I can already see tiny scratches/scuffs on the underside. I thought platnium was really durable so I haven't been overly careful with it but now I'm concerned.

How careful do I have to be about scratching it and is there a way I can clean/polish it if it gets slightly scuffed?

any advice would be great, thanks :flower:

nicky hilton had a gorgeous ring when she was briefly married. it's huge and a bit gaudy... but then again, "nothing says i love you like a big, fat rock" must find pic to post...

My parents wedding bands were made by my mothers oldest friend who has a jewellers in central London. He also made my brothers wedding rings. When my mother died I inherited all her jewellery, so when I get married I'm going to have her band melted down to fit me. I'd want to put more emphasis on marriage being the official union between me and someone I really love, rather than insisting on a large diamond to prove his love for me.

I wear a classic platinum 6-prong Tiffany-style engagement ring and a platinum 5 stone wedding band.

my bling :wink:

this is mine...my boyfriend and i are ordering it this weekend. Its a Stephen Kretchner Tension Setting in platinum. Unfortuntly we are broke college students who can only afford the 3,500$ setting. the real diamond will wait till our first anniversary.

ring.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->