Eurasian Beauties

bleuFunk said:
I can speak on Nina - it's not that it doesn't make sense, it just doesn't clearly indicate her ethnicity. I think the reason it is often left at simply "Russian" is because they left Russia (for Israel) because of Communist oppression (against Jews). Nina was born in Israel - another melting pot.

Hey Bleu -ok in which case I suppose Nina is half Jewish as I Jewish is an ethnicity. That would do better than Russian.
Thanks!

Melisande said:
Well, do you want to clump or not? ^_^

If you want to divide by continents, Asia is Asia, Africa is Africa.

If you want to go by culture, do get your facts straight before you cry racism: India/Pakistani culture is completely different from Middle Eastern culture. Which is, as you say, completely different from Japanese and Korean East Asian culture.

The Maghreb countries like Morocco use Arabic and have a Mediterranean/Islamic/Arab culture, and along with their Napoleonic invasions and Spanish influences, make them, again, completely different from southern and central African cultures. Countries situated between cultures, like Turkey, are bound to be a mix.

You either go with the contintents and stick with it, or discuss the cultures knowledgeably. It's got nothing to do with racism. :flower:

Eurasian is a confusing term to begin with, and rather outdated...:huh:

Technically, I rather not clump anyone together. However, me being mixed with Indian, I find it rather odd that we are clumped with the Chinese, the Japanese, etc. We're so different.

And when I meant that separated Africans was racist, I was referring to the colonial times when Europe would use division and differences to divide and conquer people. And then there is the whole "claiming the Egyptians weren't black" thing. But you didn't catch that did you? Judging by your post, no.

Please, re-read my posts before you go jumping all over me. India and Pakistan are consider M.E. I was arguing that they shouldn't be mixed togehter along with Eastern Asians because of their difference. Again, you misinterpret my posts, but whatever.

P.S. Eurasian is too broad of a term to use. At least in my opinion. Btw, we should stick with countries AND culture. Not just clump one continent together and say that is that.

I think you are taking it the wrong way saying you are being "lumped" with any group. Yes, it is a broad term, and it's meant to be! Think about it, we can all be defined in broad terms. Is that bad? I don't think so. At least it doesn't offend me - it shouldn't offend anyone who's not ashamed where they come from (and no one should be). I am from Earth, i'm North American, American, Caucasian, British, French, Dutch, Cherokee blah blah blah - from general to specific, you can call me anything and i won't mind. Just don't call me George. :flower:

bleuFunk said:
I think you are taking it the wrong way saying you are being "lumped" with any group. Yes, it is a broad term, and it's meant to be! Think about it, we can all be defined in broad terms. Is that bad? I don't think so. At least it doesn't offend me - it shouldn't offend anyone who's not ashamed where they come from (and no one should be). I am from Earth, i'm North American, American, Caucasian, British, French, Dutch, Cherokee blah blah blah - from general to specific, you can call me anything and i won't mind. Just don't call me George. :flower:

True, but I think this whole "lumping" business gets out of hand from time to time.

This thread is about fashion and models. It is not about ethnicity per se. As outlined in tFS Community Guidelines, keep it on-topic please. Thank you.

violet said:
It's ridiculous, of course the term Asian isn't exclusive to Chinese and Japanese. And sure maybe in America 'Asian' means Chinese and Japanese but in Britain 'Asian' refers EXACTLY to Afghanis, Indo-Pakistanis, etc. The Middle East is geographically in Southwest Asia, so of course Lebanese/Arabs are Asians.

And frankly I find the term Caucasian ludicrous and I would hope anyone who knows the etymology of the word would too. The only true Caucasians are those from the Caucasus (Armenians, Azerbaijanis, Georgians), which is incidentally the geographically accepted definition of Eurasia.

well, by your definition, emina cumunlaj is eurasian:flower:

sexydaydreamer said:
Again, you misinterpret my posts, but whatever.

P.S. Eurasian is too broad of a term to use. At least in my opinion.

Hi Sexydaydreamer, thank you for your explanation...
I'm really sorry I jumped on you! :flower:

I never heard of India being referred to as the Middle East in all my academic research though, nor in news sources...always as South Asia. If you like, it's fascinating to look up this rather ambiguous term...even in Wikipedia...I learned a lot myself.:flower:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle-East

And bleufunk, I agree, but I think Sexy and I are basically coming from the same place about "lumping"...it's great to celebrate diversity in harmony, but many ignore its existence altogether.

Atelier...we are all trying to figure out what a thread titled "Eurasian Beauties" is actually about...:unsure:

"On topic", I also heard that Sophie Marceau was quarter or so Asian...yes, she's gorgeous! :heart:

It is rather odd that Eurasia consists of Indians and the orient, per se. But India is a Sub continent of Asia (which is known as Southeast Asia) which also consist of China, Pacific Ocean - Indochina, malay peninsula and archipelago (the Philippines et al) Indeed, Eurasian is a broad usage of European-caucasian and Asian. Now, what do you call the mixture of Kristin Kreuk who is half Dutch and Asian? Scandanasian? B)

sexydaydreamer said:
Technically, I rather not clump anyone together. However, me being mixed with Indian, I find it rather odd that we are clumped with the Chinese, the Japanese, etc. We're so different.

P.S. Eurasian is too broad of a term to use. At least in my opinion. Btw, we should stick with countries AND culture. Not just clump one continent together and say that is that.

_teddy_ said:
Now I read that in the upper northern part of china, you can start finding people with blondish hair and some with natural green and blue eyes. That however may be the result of generations of mixing with caucasians and asian people (bordering russia and neighboring arab coutnries). In fact it is used to believe that there are three major types of people, caucasiod, mongoloid and negroid types. There are a lot of sub groups within each group but those are the main groups.

You don't have to be mix to be born with blue or green eyes, and to have light color hair like blonde or red hair.

Blue eyes

Blue eyes are relatively common throughout Europe, especially in Northern Europe, including the northern Baltics and in East Central Europe.

Among human phenotypes, blue eyes are a relatively rare eye color. They are found mainly in people of northern European and eastern European descent, and to a lesser extent, in people of southern Europe[citation needed], the Middle East and Central Asia, most commonly in people who live at higher elevations. South Asians may also have blue eyes, but this is uncommon, except amongst Pathans and Parsis and people in Pakistan, and also in India. For example, blue eyes are most common in Punjab and Kashmir, with fewer numbers in Gujarat and Rajasthan. Finland has the highest percentage of blue-eyed people. Ireland and Great Britain also have high percentages of blue eyes. Although very rare, there are instances of blue eyes occurring in people of African descent.[citation needed] Many caucasian babies are born with blue eyes, though their eyes will darken, or change color. Most infants' eye color will set within a couple of days to a couple of weeks, though some people's will continue to change for a number of years.
Blue is the color of the indole monomer that when polymerised forms melanin[citation needed]. If both alleles for brown eyes (a polymerase gene) are absent or damaged, the blue color remains. Hence blue eye color is a recessive trait.
In the mid-20th century after the dawn of color films, blue eyes were considered very desirable in those aspiring to be Hollywood actors and actresses. This became less true toward the latter half of that century.
A 2002 study found the prevalence of blue eye color among non-Hispanic whites in the United States to be 57.4% for those born between 1899 and 1905 compared to 33.8% for those born between 1936 and 1951[4]. This seems to have been caused by the large wave of Italian, Jewish, and other Eastern and Southern European immigration between 1890 and 1914. The largest groups (Irish, German, and English) all have about 40% blue eyes, but the proportion of whites born in groups other than these had shifted from predominately Scottish, Scandinavian and Dutch around 1900 (who have a majority of blue-eyed people) to largely Italian (8% blue eyes), Polish (32% blue), and French Canadian (30% blue), among others

[edit]

Green eyes

Green eyes

Green eyes are rarer than brown, black, hazel, blue and gray eyes. Green eyes are most often found in people of Celtic, Germanic, and Slavic descent. Hungarians have the highest percentage of green eyes of any population, close to 20%.[citation needed] Green eyes are also found, though in far lower proportions, among other Caucasian populations in the Middle East and South Asia. They are so common among Pashtuns that in Pakistan, Pashtuns are often called "Hare Ankheian Vaale": the green-eyed people.[citation needed]. They may also be found in many areas of northern India, especially in Punjab and Kashmir.
One of the most famous photographs ever published by National Geographic was a close-up of Sharbat Gula, a Pashtun girl with startling green eyes, taken in western Afghanistan by Steve McCurry in 1984. Details of her irises captured by the photograph were used to confirm her identity after she was relocated in 2002.
Blond Hair

Naturally blond hair.

Blond hair is a relatively rare human phenotype, occurring in 1.7 to 2% of the world population with the majority of natural blondes in Scandinavia and other parts of Europe, most notably on the northern part of the continent. Blond hair ranges from nearly white (platinum blond, tow-haired) to a dark golden brown. A common stereotype holds that Western men are known to prefer fair-haired women to their darker-haired contemporaries and this has caused many women to dye or bleach their hair blond.
Blond hair occurs in peoples of Europe (especially of non-Latin or Mediterranean heritage), in some areas of South Asia, and even in the Middle East. It is genetically associated with lighter eye color such as blue, green, or light brown and with pale, often freckled, skin tones. 5% of Americans are naturally blond.
Blond hair is also associated with skin cancer (as melanoma) and albinism.
Blondness is a recessive gene and a popular hoax says that the gene will be dead in 200 years.[7] It has more phaeomelanin than eumelanin but has less than red hair. Natural blondes have the thinnest strand of hair but have more hair on their heads than others. They have an average of 140,000 hairs.
[edit]

Red Hair

Naturally red hair

Of those previously mentioned, by far the least common hair color present in the United States is Red hair, shared by only around three percent of the American population. Red hair which ranges from vivid strawberry shades to deep auburn and burgundy is found in Europeans, especially in the British Isles and is associated with Ireland and Scotland. It is less commonly found in peoples of Japan and some other areas of the world. It is a recessive gene and believed to be an uncommon one. It is also found in the Middle East, and appears uncommonly in those of African descent.
Red hair is genetically associated with lighter eye color, especially green, blue, and light to medium brown and pale, often melanin-less skin. Red hair has the highest amounts of phaeomelanin and the lowest of eumelanin. They have the thickest strands of hair and the lowest amounts of strands at 90,000.

smartarse said:
It is rather odd that Eurasia consists of Indians and the orient, per se. But India is a Sub continent of Asia (which is known as Southeast Asia) which also consist of China, Pacific Ocean - Indochina, malay peninsula and archipelago (the Philippines et al) Indeed, Eurasian is a broad usage of European-caucasian and Asian. Now, what do you call the mixture of Kristin Kreuk who is half Dutch and Asian? Scandanasian? B)

That actually sounds cool.

thanks for the article, miche! i love this thread, i'm half japanese and half dutch-english.

Man, I know far superior looking eurasians in person then some of these models. Other than that they are probably some of the most beautiful people on the planet when they get the mix-ratio right.

Levana (Half Korean/Half English) (Imageshack.us)

Last edited by a moderator:
mon91.jpg

its being on the computer for so long that i have no idea who it is

Not untill now I knew there actually was a word for us. :P Eurasian, so that is.

Olivia Lufkin - Japanese pop singer
(her dad is American. Her mom is Japanese.)
230px-olivia_lufkin.jpg

wiki.theppn.org

I recommend her song I.L.Y. Yokubou :innocent:

my sister in law lives in the upper china the border to russia, and shes full chinese but theres etmohing about her that is a little differnt like her nose is high and her eyes have more depth and stuff shes a beauty

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->