Excercise help!

Arug

Reaction score
Hi, I'm recovering from a surgery, and I'm not allowed to run or walk a lot.
My other foot is in this package and it's really hard not to gain weight when you are not allowed to move.
So if you have some killer excercises that are a bit aerobic or streching and can be meade lying on your back or sitting, I would really appreciate if you'd share them.
I'm already eating like a rabbit and drinking a lot of water, but no matter how lightly I eat I'm bound to gain weight.
So any suggestions are welcome.

There are lots of Pilates exercises that are done lying on your back.

If you figure out how many calories a day you need to eat to maintain your current weight, you should not gain weight.

Some time in the near future I will being having operations on my feet, so I can relate to your situation.:flower:

I suggest that you do NOT take suggestions from this board.

If you are recovering from surgery you should ask a professional about what kinds of exercises you should do.

^ I second that! In April I had major leg/knee surgery and was off my leg and on crutches for 2 months. All in all I actually lost weight because for about a month I was on painkillers and my appetite was gone.. But as soon as I was off the crutches, I did gain weight. It might only be natural and you might just have to deal with it (it's not the end of the world, right?) It would be a minimal amount and would probably come off as soon as you re-adjust to your normal regime. If your going to be doing physical therapy, I'd think that would keep you somewhat in shape. And if your really concerned, just talk to your doctor.

I agree that you should talk to your doctor...
but gym balls are used during rehabilitation

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->