Express

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
I know it's not a designer... nor am I aiming at thir spring or fall collection... but I always seem to have good luck at Express stores. This season I'm not all about the retro/rock/punk influence... but their Editor pants fit me perfectly.

I do like their Editor pants...they fit me pretty good (not great, but good). Their clothes seem to last a long time, too.

The sale racks are a gift and a curse at the same time, though...I just bought a $69.50 jumper dress from there that was on the sale rack for $29.99. I got it for free cuz I had a coupon from the mail and an Express gift card from Christmas! :D

There's this cardigan I want out of there that is $39.50...it's small, not much material. I want it but it's frustrating to know it'll be $12.99 at the end of the season, LOL.

I'm a newbie here....did a search on Express and didn't see much. I thought there would be more discussion on this store...?

I used to love express! But now it just seems like their trying to be too hip and trendy.

A lot of their pieces look like knockoffs of designer pieces (but not blatant ripoffs of prints and such-and they come a few seasons later than the runways), but unlike the designers, I find that Express pieces fit me SO well which is very difficult to find. I usually wait for the clearances too-I got the gold sequin dress from Christmas that was obviously inspired by a Versace one from a few seasons ago marked down to $21 (from around $150). Plus their bra tanks are awesome and worth the price.

i used to find good things there..havent seen anything good there in years.

however i do own several of the editor pants that i wear to work quite often

I got the gold sequin dress from Christmas that was obviously inspired by a Versace one from a few seasons ago marked down to $21 (from around $150).

Are you talking about their gold pailette dress?

5324_2.JPG
(credit: Express (ebay))

I got that dress, $198 originally, for $39.99 before Christmas.

Their Editor pants are great. I only buy them while on clearance, and can often find them for $20. I have some great heather grey ones, black, more black... they really do fit perfectly. My mother finds that they fit her to a tee, as well.

I like their work tops, too. Could stand to be bette quality - but the cut's great and flattering.

i like the work button down tops as well. i think express's next big sale will be in july. but i notice they have changed their sale schedule. they seem to have stuff on sale all the time. unfortunately not the work stuff i need.

^ I strolled in today and some some short sleeve work tops that they just rolled out. They are long in length, which is great. They're some cotton sateen material... look atually very nice, $39.99... but the thing is you know that things will always go on sale (not necessarily clearance), so that's why it's always tough to be at regular price. Kind of the same thinking as Old Navy.

Once in a while I get $15 cards in the mail from Express. I got a cardigan a couple of months ago that was on sale for $19.50 for $4.50 plus tax after using my card.

I love their denim. They carry shorts and since my legs are basically the length of pencils, they fit perfectly. The only thing I hate is that there is no stretch so it doesn't matter if you're bloated or having a "fat day." The pants don't stretch.

Express is having one of thier huge sales now.

I posted in the bargains forum, but I had to post here - I got one of their pretty dresses for $26.00 on clearance. They had some other great stuff (for the price), but to me, this was a stand-out.

1164.jpg

I loved the print on the dress! I wanted to buy the skirt, but my friend said it was too "grandma" to buy.

I might just buy it now! :woot:

^ Too grandma? The print is gorgeous, and I know what skirt you are talking about. I'm not crazy about the small pleats or the length, but it is really pretty, that skirt. :heart:

I bought the skirt mentioned above the other day - I usually don't shop at Express, but the sale they were having was amazing. My skirt cost just $24, marked down from $90! I may have to stop in the store more often (or at least when they're having sales).

4-5 years ago, it used to be my favorite store but i havent shopped their since... personally i found their quality to be abysmal

^ I've always had pretty good luck, quality-wise.

I love their Editor pants. I never buy the cheaper fabric, but the actually suit-y slacks have lasted me so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishyloverr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->