F/W 08.09 Ad Campaigns (please read post #1 before posting) - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I heard those too. I think Vini posted it in the SS 08 Campaigns thread, from a Brazilian site. If it's true, I'm happy for Martha :heart:

I really want Tanya to get something! She's really underrated. She would be perfect for Nina Ricci or Lanvin. :heart:

I'm also really excited for Chanel, Gucci and Jil Sander. In my opinion Freja would be perfect for the Gucci rock-punkish campaign, but Natasha will get it probably. For Jil Sander, I want Georgina :wub:

I think Natalia Schueroff would be perfect for Jil Sander.

BTW, for the Giedre/Aquascutum news, it might be the campaign or it might not - on her agency's site is says she's currently in London "shooting Aquascutum" but doesn't actually say if it's the campaign or something else. Just had to clarify for those who may be skeptical.

Monsters and Critics

People

People News

Hilary Swank replaces Lindsay Lohan in fashion line

headline_1204736488.jpg
Hilary Swank ... EPA/ANDREW GOMBERT

Mar 5, 2008, 11:35 GMT

Lindsay Lohan is set to be replaced by Hilary Swank as the face of Jill Stuart's fashion line.
Lindsay was unveiled as the company's new model last autumn, but Jill Stuart has now decided to go for an "older" star following Lindsay's troubled year which included her getting arrested, hospitalised and entering rehab.
A source close to the New York designer said: "Jill wanted to go for a celebrity to make her fashion line more high profile. But after everything Lindsay has been through over the last year, she doesn't feel it would be right for her to represent the line.
"She thinks Hilary Swank would be the ideal choice because she is that little bit older, and incredibly well respected in the acting industry."
A company spokesperson refused to comment on the reports, adding: "Nothing's confirmed. We haven't decided what we're doing yet."

(C) BANG Media International

Jill wanted to go for a celebrity to make her fashion line more high profile.

That's a sad statement :(

Although I prefer her over La Lohan anyday...

^^this should be in the f/w 08-09 thread.

I'm really hoping that girl Aline Weber gets Balenciaga, and that it doesn't go to Jennifer Connelly or something.

She looked AMAZING opening the show, could you imagine how amazing she'd look in a campaign by David Sims???

Oh, and Magdalena needs something great. She's underrated IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am excited for Hilary for Jill Stuart. I think that she's so beautiful and would make an amazing replacement to Lindsay! ^_^

A little campaign buzz from our good friend Wayne... :wink:
You know this by now. Not much will change in the ranks of the girls clients consider directional and marketable enough to front their brands. Natasa, Anja, Malgosia, Kate...The tried and the trued will find their bread well buttered. A girl like Snejana for instance, long past the status of being a fad already has found herself on set for one of those high profile brands that everyone kills to book.

The real suspense lies in the challenge of which of the 25 or so 'runway breakthroughs' that I'm currently tracking at MDC will actually convert into girls with an editorial and campaign career. I can't tip my hand too much but Paris for me was the story of Aline W and 1 in NY (& Elite Paris) and Amanda Laine at Supreme (& Women Paris). They are two very different kind of girls but with an obvious hardcore insider fashion appeal. Its great that Aline, the same Brazilian 15 year old who spoke no English and was very unhappy in NY is the toast of all Paris right now. And Amanda, a girl NY didn't get goes on to open both McQueen and Miu-Miu in Paris. I'm fascinated by her face. Her make-up at the Balenciaga converted her into this severe, almost intimidating power-woman. Its a clear sign that she'll be a great girl for the blue chippers to play with in upcoming months. I can only imagine those options!
(theimagist)

Really!!!???? That's great news for her, I wonder what it is. :shifty:

I bet it's Dolce & Gabbana, I'm happy for Snejana, she deserves it :D

Not a huge Snejana fan, but she sure deserves a major campaign.

finally snejana got a campaign. i'm happy for her. her dolce gabbana fw05/06 campaign is really good.

^I would imagine it's Daria? Opening and closing, her only show...:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->