F/W 08.09 Ready-To-Wear Schedules: What Shows Are You Looking Forward To?

John Galliano: With this new direction he's been taking his signature line (FW 07 and SS 08) I just can't wait to see what he does next! I'm very optimistic that it will be as fun, lively, exciting and beautiful and the last two seasons!
Balenciaga: Because I love it and it's usually one of the highlights of the entire season and has been so for the past 2-3 years.
Dior: All I can do is hope and pray that it is far more exciting and extravagant than SS 08.
YSL: I hope that Stefano doesn't continue the minimalist aesthetic he proposed for YSL SS 08...I really miss the 2005-6 YSL.
Jean Paul Gaultier: I just LOVE Gaultier SO much! And I'm sure whatever he does I'll just love it!

There are plenty more, for sure, but these are the ones that I KNOW I am really exciting for! NY is always such a bore (except of course for Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler and Rodarte). London is boring. Milan has good shows, but I'm not salivating...yet. Basically, I'm just waiting for Paris!

AH! I am so excited for the FW women's shows. Im looking forward to Prada, Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs, and Chanel.

Looking forward to,

Balenciaga because i've loved every collection since s/s 2006 and am excited to see what direction he will go next.
Prada, to see how out there Miuccia will go with this collection.
Yves Saint Laurent because Pilato's collections are always breathtaking.
Lanvin simply because I love, love, love, Alber Elbaz.
Proenza Schouler just because..
Jil Sander because although simply, it's so timeless it never gets old. I want to see what they do with their minimal designs this up coming season.
Marni, to see if she will finally go in a different direction this season.

^ i must agree with what you say about the last two ^_^

John Galliano - his designs are extravagant and beautiful. His concepts are fantastic and he can execute them well. ^_^ I'm always interested to see what he will come up with next!

Lanvin - last season was amazing. The color, the fluidity - I can only hope that this season will be even better.

Nina Ricci - most of last season's designs fell short for me and was a dissapointment as Fall 2007 was absolutely beautiful. Hopefully, Theyskens will be able to redeem himself with the Fall 2008 collection. :heart:

Dolce and Gabbana - Even if their designs are not extravagant, they manage to pull off something very nice with great colors and silhouettes. :flower:

The usual suspects; Yohji, McQueen, Dries, Jil Sander, etc... because I know I will probably enjoy the collections as I always do. but mostly I'm curious about Limi Feu, I'd say. I haven't even been able to stop looking at her thread from last season yet! :crush:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot to look forward to!
Just name a few:

Rodarte I've bben so curious about their designs recently!
Marchesa Will they surprise me again?
Marni The S/S 08 is a little bit dissapointed for me but I expect Marni even more, for it is my love always!
Prada We always expect the most unexpected thing from Prada, so what's in this time?
Balmain I love Balmain and it is always be my first favorite show in Paris! Can't wait to see it!
Chanel What will Karl bring to us? "Yeah!" or 'Yuck!"?
Louis Vuitton Will Marc be normal this time?

Proenza Schouler - generally consistent
Rodarte - Because it's always beautiful and often a suprise.
Chanel - to see if Lagerfeld's back on form after last seasons atrocious collection.
Lanvin
Preen - i loved their ss08 collection, it'll be interesting to see if their second nyc collection works.
Marc Jacobs/Marc by Marc/Louis Vuitton - to see what marc comes up with.
Giles - beautiful clothes, beautiful casting for ss08.

Oh yes I'm really curious about Valentino too.
Looking forward to...
New York: Proenza Schouler
London: Marios Schwab
Milan: Prada
Paris: Lanvin

Chloe (for the clothes and the way the models look)
Lanvin (same as chloe)
Sonia Rykiel (for the finale :lol: )
Chanel (for the theatrics)
Prada (for the casting gossip :D )

I'm also looking forward to Limi Feu and Tao, for the same reason that softgrey mentioned....and I would add Michiko Suzuki for Y's Red Label to that list, and Naoki Takizawa.

Also can't wait to see my usual favorites--Yohji, Veronique Branquinho, Margiela, and Junya. :heart:

^i really hope marc le bihan puts on a presentation or show this season too.

same goes for .fade & geoffery b. small...and i completely forgot about mélodie wolf.

I'm also looking forward to Limi Feu and Tao, for the same reason that softgrey mentioned....and I would add Michiko Suzuki for Y's Red Label to that list, and Naoki Takizawa.

Also can't wait to see my usual favorites--Yohji, Veronique Branquinho, Margiela, and Junya. :heart:
Isn't Naoki Takizawa the designer for Issey Miyake now...

Bring on the Versace.

Givenchy!

YSL!

Balenciaga!

Burberry!

Versace - Even if I'm lately disappointed, is like a tradition for me to be excited for it!
Balenciaga - I've always been interested, but the latest collections make me obsessed!
McQueen - Always interesting...good or bad.
Dior - See Versace.
Junya Watanabe - Love always!
Yohji Yamamoto - See above.
Valentino - Because it is Alessandra's first season!
Chanel - Simply because I love Karl.

I'm forgetting some but oh well. ^_^

F/W 08.09 Ready-To-Wear Schedules: Milan Womenswear

Emporio, Jil Sander and Missoni - Sunday, Feb. 17.

Giorgio Armani, Just Cavalli, Pringle, Burberry, Alberta Ferretti and Gianfranco Ferré - Feb. 18,

Prada, Bottega Veneta, Salvatore Ferragamo, 6267, Blumarine, Marni and Etro - Feb. 19.

Roberto Cavalli, Gucci, Krizia - Feb. 20,

DSquared2, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Luisa Beccaria, MaxMara and Versace. Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi and Versace - Feb. 21

WWD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->