F/W 08.09 Ready-To-Wear Schedules: What Shows Are You Looking Forward To?

Balmain - Christophe's turning into a force to be reckoned with.
Balenciaga - What will Ghesquière think of next?
Dior - Who will have the most influence in the design - John or Toledano?
Jil Sander - After spring, I'm ready to see even better.
Marc Jacobs - Will he show two hours late again?
Nina Ricci - It's Olivier, it'll be great.
Prada - Just to see how else Miuccia can make ugly things more hideous.
YSL - How will he follow up his spring show?

i cannot wait to see Christian Dior

Balenciaga
Marc Jacobs
Zero Maria Conejo,
Vera Wang
Vivienne Westwood
Givenchy
Prada, Prada, Prada!

Last edited by a moderator:
burberry, fendi, sonia rykiel, GUCCI!! versace, and chanel(im already practising my gasp!)

This season I am mostly looking forward to Valentino...I am so curious to see what Alessandra Facchianetti will do for the house. I have faith in her...even though she was no Tom Ford, I personally think she didn't do that bad at Gucci at all.

I am also looking forward to Lanvin...Alber Elbaz delivered the best collection of the season (and ads) but I am still not sure wether it was a fantastic collection on itself or that it was fantastic because of the bullcrap the rest of ALL the designers deliverd (Dior, Vuitton eww) So I am curious to how he will do now.

Also, I am looking forward to all the regulars I like. Galliano, Dior (even though it sucked last season, the couture was interesting), Balenciaga, Preen, Versace, etc etc...

New York: Proenza Schouler, Vena Cava (last season was so disappointing) Karen Walker, Alexander Wang, Phillip Lim, Preen, Temperley
London: Christopher Kane, Jens Laugesen, Luella
Milan: Marni, Mui Mui, Prada
Paris: Balenciaga, Chloe, Giambattista Valli,Sonia Rykiel, CDG, McQueen!, Givenchy, Nina Ricci, Lanvin, YSL

Looking forward to Jaeger's first show.
Adore Calvin Klein, loving Balenciaga currently and loving how modern and clean Giambattista Valli is. Plus, Lanvin, adore that Alber Elbaz right now, can't wait for them all, plus always get excited about Chanel.
Plus, I want to see what Mr McQueen has done for Winter this year as last years was very interesting in-deed.
I really hope Yves Saint Laurent's Winter is as nice as last years, because I really didn't like a lot of Summers clothes. Looking forward to them all!

Lanvin- Alber Elbaz is always consisent and fluid with his designs
Jil Sander- to see if the minimal approach will be twisted in a different way
Chloe- Im hoping that Paulo thinks Chloe and not Marni
Givenchy- Tisci never fails to produce a risky yet stunning collection
Balenciaga- Sheer curiousity
Yves Saint Laurent- Pilati took a more structed approach for the Spring season, I'm waiting to see if he will stick to that method.
Valentino- Can the new designer uphold Valentino's legacy?
Balmain- Decarnin really rocked the Spring show, wonder to see what else he has up his sleeve...:shifty:
Gucci- because I actually liked Giannini's Spring collection
Prada, Galliano, & Dior- just because Miuccia and John are completely wacko! :P

looking for:

Nina Ricci
Jill Stuart
Lanvin
Balenciaga
Balmain
Vanessa Bruno
Miu Miu
Chloè
Derek Lam
Givenchy
G. Valli

- and off course I'm curious to see what Prada, MJ and Versace come up with.. I mean im curious about everyone. but for sure not Galliano and JPG.

Alessandra Facchinetti for Valentino should be a interesting one to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
After sifting through the first spring shipments at Lafayette and au Printemps today I got a very different impression of the actual collections and look forward to:

Nina Ricci: The clothes OOZE a brooding quality and is only enhanced by the beautiful quality of detail and execution. He obviously puts his heart and soul into his craft.

Lanvin: His objects are such a work in progress due to the persistent frayed edges. I don't think it works for everything as there was a quite a bit on sale, but his approach is innovative and will only evolve into something ever more fascinating. :heart:

rue de Mail (Sitbon:( Highly underrated. She still has it. Her clothes had a real knowledge and hidden details about them (like Maria Cornejo).

Marni: Her corner is like a true slice of the 21st century. Not easy to wear (especially in boiling Italy) but....pure cool.

Chloe: While I agree it is currently sistered with the Marni spirit, I believe it is the more wearable version of the school. I also contend that no young designer at this level is going to copy another so blatantly. They wouldn't have their job after all. Some things are in the air and I expect he will move on to other pastures. The fabrics were beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->