Facials

OMGG... ok rave review? OVER.. my skin looked f*cking so much better before I stepped into that sh*tty salon.. sure the clogged pores are gone but I'm still red and bleeding and I bet i'll scar.. and AHHH never again.. I'm sticking to good home amde products instead of getting unecessary attractions oh yea .. did I tell you that lady said that no one leaves her shop with a red face?

^ I use Dr Hauschka's Facial Steam Bath

Russh_kris_z: That sounds awful! I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience. That lady clearly doesn't know what she's doing... you should not be bleeding after a facial!

Hi there

Was wondering if any of you have ever had an Anne Semonin facial and what you thought of it, and if you are using her products?
I had one last week and was thinking of buying her products but they are very expensive!!

Her brand uses all natural products and you can't really find the stuff in high street stores.

Never had a facial by her but I heard those are good products. No one should be bleeding after extractions, no matter how deep the comedones (blackheads) are. It will hurt more than likely removing them, but immediately after they are removed, your aesthetician should be wiping with an anti-fungal antiseptic like witch hazel and then a calming mask should be applied.

I'm an aesthetician. If anyone has questions I'll answer them! B)

Susan Ciminelli Day Spa or the Natura Bisse spa at Bergdorf Goodman.
Simone France has her own place, but its just her, no receptionist. Very discreet and she used to give facials to all the supermodels.

could someone please reccomend a good facial in london?
im 21 and have problem sensitive skin so preferably someone with experience in that field.
thanx so much!

Bump!

Could anybody explain to me how to incorporate an avocado into a mask/facial? I think I once mixed avocados and lemon juice or mayo, or something, for a mask.

Thanks. :flower:

^ I personally think avocada and honey work really well! Just mush up some avocado with a spoon and mix some honey in with it. Put it all over your face for 15 minutes. Works wonders and tastes delicious!

Is there anything you should do to your skin before you get a facial to get the best results? Like cleaning with a good wash or eating healthy, etc?

^^Not so much. If anything YOU dont want to over-do it with anything like exfoliating the day of a facial, since they'll be doing it most likely in either a liquid chemical exfoliant or manual ('scrub/granule or an exfoliating mask) so I would leave your skin alone the day of a facial actually. :flower:

I would think honey would be hard to remove from your face, but I guess the mixture with the avocado would dilute it. I just dont put food on my face personally, I would be afraid of a reaction, but someone with more normal skin could maybe take that.

Last edited by a moderator:
What drugstore finds does everybody add to their steaming step? I used to just use plain old steam, but perhaps I should be adding something?

I would think honey would be hard to remove from your face, but I guess the mixture with the avocado would dilute it. I just dont put food on my face personally, I would be afraid of a reaction, but someone with more normal skin could maybe take that.

It's actually surprisingly easy to get off! Just a simple rinse! (But I was actually reluctant to do it at first because I was scared ants would attack my face. :lol:)

Ants attacking your face!? How would that happen? Are they flying ants? That sends shivers up my spine.
I actually have NEVER had a professional facial that I've paid for, I used to get these mini-facials at Clarins Skin Care Centers because they have them at all the Clarins counters but they were in the middle of the store pretty much, not a quiet relaxing room by any means. The same for La Prairie, except La Prairie DID have a room, it was much nicer, and it was away from the cosmetics floor.
I always spend my money ON cosmetics and never the facial itself...I guess because I want a facial with the type of products I like...I'll look into a Natura Bisse one.

^I like to put my honey masks on for 30 minutes, but that is enough time to attract all these creepy crawlies to the room... In fact honey is just a dangerous thing in general to keep in your house here because these bugs will just find SOME way to get to it, even if you keep it in your fridge. I stopped using the honey mask ever since I found a bunch of dead ants around the lid... How on EARTH did they get in there? :( Asia is so dirty, I swear I see gazillions of cockroaches a day... I have more funny stories about my encounters with my cockroach buddies than human friends... *sigh*

I'm wanting to have my first facial,but wonder if there's any type I should go for/avoid,as I have quite sensitive and spot prone skin.I don't want to make it worse! Any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->