False Eyelashes

i'm interested in purchasing false eyelashes as well and am debating between the drugstore ones or MAC/Make up forevr. Just a question for those who have them, do u get to try them (w/o glue..jut holding them up to your eyes) in stores like MAC? i doubt sephora lets u open the packages and certainly not drugstores!

If you don't get to try them, how do you know which one to pick. just curious. thanks =)

There's not a lot of difference between drugstore-bought falsies than MAC ones - the main difference is that MAC are more likely avant garde style.
You don't try them on before buyin them! You just choose the ones you like the look of, in the packet...

gsquared said:
i'm interested in purchasing false eyelashes as well and am debating between the drugstore ones or MAC/Make up forevr. Just a question for those who have them, do u get to try them (w/o glue..jut holding them up to your eyes) in stores like MAC? i doubt sephora lets u open the packages and certainly not drugstores!

If you don't get to try them, how do you know which one to pick. just curious. thanks =)

They are pretty much the same (drugstore/MAC). At MAC they can help, you can't try them, but you will say i want more lenght, or volume, or both, or i want them really dramatic or natural looking,etc and they will give you the best for you. I would suggest first to buy them from drugstore and learn how to put them on ( you have to do it a lot of times, but it gets easier). But buy the glue from MAC, the drugstore one is crap (at least here in Greece).

Ardell Duralash individual lashes are magic :smile:
Definately prefer individuals to entire lid strips, it's far more natural and not at all a pain to put on!

^ I use Ardell single lashes... mostly for a more natural look, though.

I own two pairs and I want more. I want to get ones I can wear everyday for a more natural look.

thanks for your suggestions everyone:flower:

i wanted more of a natural look since i have thin, stick straight asian lashes -_- i guess i'll start off with the drugstore ones. for some reason, i always thought the individual lashes were harder to apply than the full strip ones.

n6008887_31535284_4777.jpg

A picture of my friend's girl, she is so cute and she always wears false eyelashes. they look great on her. www.facebook.com

Help me out: I bought a set of eyelashes from the pharmacy and they came with their own glue. I dont know if I was doing something wrong, but I just could not get them to stay on my face! Is there a special technique? Or maybe the glue was bad?

prob. bad glue. I bought glue from MAC (it's not a MAC brand, some sort of surgeon glue or something) and i've never had a problem. I've also always reused my MAC ones (only worn them about 2 - 3 times) and I'm not sure i would with drug store. Where do you find ardell individual lashes? I've contemplated cutting my MAC ones but dont' really want to risk it. I'd rather cut cheap ones. The girl above definately looks good but i would never look at her and think 'wow, her lashes look real'

I have never worn false lashes but would like to try them for my upcoming christmas parties.

If I go to MAC and buy some on the day do you think they'll apply them for me?

mmm it would prob. be better to book a makeup application and say you want to purchase eyelashes and have them applied. Best to just phone them in general and enquire about it.

You know a great way to really add some oomph to your lashes, without falsies? By applying one layer of mascara, and then coating your lashes with eyeshadow... then applying another coat of mascara. And curling beforehand often helps, as well. :smile:

For those who said that they use individual lashes, do you guys use Ardell's Duralash? or is there another type of single lashes offered by Ardell? The Ardell duralash does not seem to be made of human hair. Which is better? human hair or synthetic?

The Duralash pckg also says to glue the lashes directly on your own lashes instead of the eyelid. You would have to remove it with Ardell's formula of lash off or something like that.
Do the people that use it on this discussion really put them on as directed on the package? or do you guys just glue them on with MAC duo glue and put them on your lids? I don't want to risk pulling out my lashes!

^ I use Ardell lashes. I get the long black ones... and they must be synthetic... but I like them. I usually wear them during the day, as they aren't big/long enough for something to wear at night.

I love wearing them-- they add so much definition to my eyes because I have naturally very short eyelashes. my only problem is that putting them on always smudges my eyeliner, and then it's super hard to fix once they're glued on. I've tried putting on makeup only after they're on, but that's difficult too. any suggestions?

sofialuv said:
Applying false eye lashes, has some tricks that need to be followed such as:

Aplly after you have all eye make up done (except mascara)

Use only surgical glue. The one that usually comes with the eyelashes is crap!

Apply a tiny layer of the glue on one and wait a minute for the glue to dry a bit. Use tweezers to hold the eyelashes.

Press the falsie on the exact center of your eye and the do the inner and outter part of the eye.

Keep your eye closed for about a minute and press again.

In the end you can apply mascara if you want to.

:wink:

sdfhaewrkjhwe rb no no nooooo.

okay. LashGrip eyelash adhesive. it' s waterproof. it' s in a white and pink box and the tube is white. the glue is white. if you let it dry on your finger, you can rub it off when it dries, almost like rubbery.

so, do your makeup. then, apply thicker than usual eyeliner.

use a toothpick or fine brush to apply dots of glue on your eyeliner, right next to your lashes (the place where you will put the lashes).

then, put the glue on the fake lashes, and wait a few seconds. then, set them on top of your real lashes, and push them forward and hold for a second. or use tweezers to place them up against your lid and push them so the glue holds.

the reason you put glue on the lid, then on the lashes too is because if you put a piece of tape on a table, you can pull it right off. if you take tape adn stick it face forward to another piece of tape, it' s harder to pull apart. it forms a good adhesive.

you can always put mascara over the fake eyelashes once they' re on to brush your lashes into the fake ones or to give them a more dramatic look.

&the lashes i usually use are from target. they' re cheap. you don' t need MAC lashes in order for them to look good. and it' s really not hard to apply them. i do them a few days in a row sometimes. it' s fun.

Cosette said:
I love wearing them-- they add so much definition to my eyes because I have naturally very short eyelashes. my only problem is that putting them on always smudges my eyeliner, and then it's super hard to fix once they're glued on. I've tried putting on makeup only after they're on, but that's difficult too. any suggestions?

i use fluidline by MAC. &i apply it with a lip liner brush. it gives a lot of control. and it stays well. then, after you apply your lashes, you can reapply over the liner if it smudged at all.

I also use fluidline from mac but i've never had problems with it smudging plus the eyelashes usually help define my liner.

I don't think there are any hard and fast ways of applying them. You need to sort out what works best for you. I use duo surgical glue and find that i hardly ever have problems with adhesive. I apply the glue to the back of my hand and the 'dab' the lash line into it and let it set briefly before applying it (and i apply it from the outer corner inwards, not the centre outwards if this makes sense). I do like the idea of putting a wee bit of glue on the outer and inner edge of my last line though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->