Favorite Advertisements

I also really liked this Gucci Campaign:
S/S 2004
Hana Soukupova shot by Mario Testino
source: herfamedgoodlooks.com
14uz50.jpg

15eaams.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did u mean favorite model in a campaign? if thats what you meant than I would have to say Hana for Gucci, and Kate Moss for Burberry(I am so used to people around here saying BURBURRY that i am always spelling it that way..oops)

CandiApple17 said:
Did u mean favorite model in a campaign? if thats what you meant than I would have to say Hana for Gucci, and Kate Moss for Burberry(I am so used to people around here saying BURBURRY that i am always spelling it that way..oops)

there's actually a thread on just that, that i created...it got lost in the many many threads tho and hasnt been touched in a while :(

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30667&highlight=campaign

hey i remember that thread original sin :D ... I spent a long time on my response.. I don't know why that thread didn't get much play :huh:

CharlottefromCA said:
hey i remember that thread original sin :D ... I spent a long time on my response.. I don't know why that thread didn't get much play :huh:

hmmm i should've made a better title...something along the lines of..."look over here everyone! it's gemma ward!" :lol::P

lol yeah.... or maybe "I AM ......" (insert name of major model...)

Well thankyou for a great idea original sin, lol. guess im not too good at checking threads... or maybe having to look at 100 pages of threads was a little off putting...

irresistable_loz said:
lol yeah.... or maybe "I AM ......" (insert name of major model...)

Well thankyou for a great idea original sin, lol. guess im not too good at checking threads... or maybe having to look at 100 pages of threads was a little off putting...

its totally ok! :flower:

i think its really happened to all of us at some point or another...sometimes the search function isnt as easy as one would think :neutral:

lol thanks... hmmm. ...too much time and too much to think about makes ppl a bit less., um..particular? lol im having a total mind blank. :doh:

The Dior ad series from 1976-1981 by Chris von Wangenheim.

This one is from 1976, scanned by me.

Why? Because it's fetching, clever, revolutionary and beautiful all at the same time :smile:

Attachments

• vogue_paris_november_1976_wangenheim.jpg
    vogue_paris_november_1976_wangenheim.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 13
Oh I love those "Your Dior" ads by von Wangenheim.

Some other faves...

Guy Bourdin for Charles Jourdan (no year in particular, they're all good).
Picture_3.png

gb_mistress_and_maid.jpg

Gucci S/S and F/W 97 by Mario Testino
163416123529lo.jpg
163569123136lo.jpg

guccifw971.png
guccifw977.jpg

and Versace S/S 2001 by Steven Meisel
68127versacever20o2001c.jpg

creativeandlive.com, wien.art49.com, mariotestino.com, scans by Leonardo

Not sure of the photographers/seasons on these Chloe's but they're all circa Stella.
adv_0240.JPG

adv_0239.JPG

adv_1273.JPG

adv_2987.JPG

adv_2986.JPG

adv_2758.JPG

bwgreyscale

^ The first two are S/S 00 by Liz Collins, the third is F/W 00 by Taryn Simon, the next two are F/W 01 by Vanina Sorrenti, and the last one is S/S 01 also by Taryn Simon.

Wonderful thread!!!

Isn't there another thread similar to this one though? Perhaps I am just imagining...

The Dior ad series from 1976-1981 by Chris von Wangenheim.

This one is from 1976, scanned by me.

Why? Because it's fetching, clever, revolutionary and beautiful all at the same time :smile:
:clap:Yes,yes!I don't think it's my fave of all time,but it's seriously in the top5 !

^ The first two are S/S 00 by Liz Collins, the third is F/W 00 by Taryn Simon, the next two are F/W 01 by Vanina Sorrenti, and the last one is S/S 01 also by Taryn Simon.

Thanks Spike, you're a genius.

Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2001. I think this is my favorite Gisele campaign aside from maybe her Dior work circa the same period. I love how graphic it is against the pitch black backdrop.
adv_1683.JPG

adv_1685.JPG

adv_1543.JPG

adv_1544.JPG

adv_1545.JPG

BWGREYSCALE

^ God I vividly remember those boots and the Madonna t-shirt, even though I was just 15 at the time.

Looking back at it, most of G.'s work for D&G and Dior have been insanely kitsch. But those were the over-excessive times... about everything.

Looking back at it, most of G.'s work for D&G and Dior have been insanely kitsch. But those were the over-excessive times... about everything.

Very kitsch but I don't know, I loved it then and I love it now. There was more of an attitude and an artfulness about it all. Or maybe it was just the sexuality that was more rampant in fashion. Either way I think the imagery today is so OTT in an overly-processed, too many hands sort of way. It doesn't feel as lasting and impressionistic to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->