Favorite Childhood Toy

I had a dollhouse. And no I am not a girl.

I would pretend it was an embassy of an obscure foreign kingdom, and plan little coup de etat's, and such.

It is a lovely dollhouse by the company PlayMobil.
5300.jpg

Originally posted by Incroyable@Aug 13 2004, 03:29 AM
I had a dollhouse. And no I am not a girl.

I would pretend it was an embassy of an obscure foreign kingdom, and plan little coup de etat's, and such.

It is a lovely dollhouse by the company PlayMobil.
5300.jpg

[snapback]330504[/snapback]​
:woot: My friend had one of those and I was so jealous. We could spend hours with that thing... It's actually gone way up in price.

I would like to say I was a simple child and loved pots & pans but that was not me.

Power wheels Jeep.

Ummm my Playmobile collection. I had an aunt who spoiled me rotten and bought every set that came out. I still have it to this day and LOVE the excuse of bringing it out when kids come over! LOL

Edited to add:
I posted this before reading Incroyable's post! I have that house too and it's the best!!! :smile:

Originally posted by seraphelle@Aug 13 2004, 01:06 PM
Power wheels Jeep.
[snapback]330917[/snapback]​
I had two powerwheels, one was a red Jeep wrangler and the other was a re motorcycle.........I was a spoiled little child wasn't I?

Oh, I had two Barbies and Ken... And they had a kid and a house... It was great to play with them! I could spend amount of time imagining stories with them... :blush:

A pencil and a piece of paper. :lol:

Don't ask..I was much of a dork, and I suspect I still am.

I had a clown doll named Scarlett, who I took everywhere.

I loved her, even when I used to fling her down the large flight of stairs at my grandmother's apartment. :blush:

I had a little doll a lot like those Miss Revlon dolls, but a knock-off of sorts. She did come with a set of curlers and "perm" which were little packets of sugar to make the curls stiff.

Anyway, she was 12" tall and had long hair and was very light plastic to look like an old-fashioned porcelain doll, and she had a childish body, so she was much easier to sew for than a Barbie, and I sewed a lot for her.

As my swan-song to childhood, when I was 12, I made an elaborate set of Edwardian dresses for her, with lace insertions, hand tucking, leg-o-mutton sleeves, and all the trimmings. It was to showcase my fine hand sewing, which I can do quite well, though I don't get much occasion ever since I outgrew playing with dolls!

My other favorite toy from childhood was my first bicycle. It was vintage even then, an old Huffy that was a knockoff of the Schwinn stingray style. It kicked so much ***. It had a metallic fade paint job...dark blue at the front forks shading to a very light, silvery powder blue by the back fork. It had a bluejean banana seat with a real pocket! It had glittery blue rubber grips on the handlebars, and lots of accessory reflectors on the wheels. I had one shaped like Cookie Monster, one shaped like a rainbow, and one like a tulip, plus a bunch of these little flourescent, glow-in-the-dark spoke beads. One of my aunties gave me a brass horn for it. That little bike rocked so hard! I had it from when I was 8 until I got too tall for it when I was 13. Then I saved all my birthday money and babysitting money and bought my first 10-speed, another Huffy, which I had until I literally wore it out, when I was about 20. My current bike, a Trek 800 (21-speed) was a Christmas present from my husband (back then fiance') in 1997. That, plus my digital camera (Christmas present from the Mr. this past year) are my favorite "toys" now. My little blue Huffy, as well as a second frame I always intended to customize are still at my parents' place and I told my mom I will come retrieve them someday, because when I have kids, I want to fix those cool vintage bikes up for them.

I had a little Kodak Instamatic point-and-shoot camera when I was a kid, I think I was 8 or 9 when I got it. It took those 124 film cartridges. That was another great favorite of mine. Normal children ask their parents for candy at the grocery check out, but I would ask for more film! I have wonderful photo books from my childhood of the family pets, of my friends being silly, and of whatever else I felt like shutterbugging. At one point in time I was very into taking pictures of people making silly faces, and got a BUNCH of my relatives at a cousin's wedding to do silly faces for me.

My favorite toy was a hippopotamus organ. Just like an organ (well, a very, very small organ) made of plastic with ten hippopotamus heads in different colors " singing " the tunes. Very cute. Dosen't work anymore though.

Originally posted by Spike413@Aug 14 2004, 12:46 AM
I had two powerwheels, one was a red Jeep wrangler and the other was a re motorcycle.........I was a spoiled little child wasn't I?
[snapback]331732[/snapback]​

Same here, my mom wanted to implant a butch image towards me, but I used to put flower stickers and carry my sister's barbies on top of them :lol:

MOOM! It didn't work ya' know!! :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Aug 14 2004, 10:28 AM
Same here, my mom wanted to implant a butch image towards me, but I used to put flower stickers and carry my sister's barbies on top of them :lol:

MOOM! It didn't work ya' know!! :lol: :lol:
[snapback]332011[/snapback]​

:woot: :lol:

When I was a kid, I loved littlest petshop toys. I could spend hours playing with the miniture hamsters and the kittens and the monkeys and the lizards and the puppies, then my brother would come in with his stupid GI Joes and announced that Joe had killed all my animal friends, which lead the all-out war.

I also remember liking Troll dolls, mostly because I loved their hair. Mom jokes about that being an early warning....... :rolleyes:

she ra dolls

he man dolls <---------- by far the BEST toys ever!

rainbow bright dolls & twinks

strawberry shortcake dolls

my little pony , the castle, and the perfume pretty palace

barbie & the rockers

barbie ice cream shop & the barbie day bed

HOT LOOKS! anyone remember these tall dress up dolls? they were intense.

american girl dolls- back when they only had samantha, kirsten and molly

plus board games. :smile:

Originally posted by Fashionism@Aug 14 2004, 10:14 AM
My favorite toy was a hippopotamus organ. Just like an organ (well, a very, very small organ) made of plastic with ten hippopotamus heads in different colors " singing " the tunes. Very cute. Dosen't work anymore though.
[snapback]332004[/snapback]​

OMG, my sister and I had that same toy! AFAIK, our still works...it is in a cupboard unter the stairs at my parents' house. I loved that thing, too. It was so whimsical and silly and made irritating noises.

Another of my favorite "toys" from childhood was a pocket flashlight that ran off of AA batteries and could be used for clandestine under-the-blankets, after-bedtime reading.

My fave toys were:
*Legos: I got a set once for my 9th Christmas ... and from then on .. I only asked for Legos as gifts until I was 15! :shock:
*I had this Playskool building set .. twas entirely made out of wood and I could do this chalet-kind of houses with roofs and stuff and twas very life-like ... I wud configurate many types of houses.
*I had this HUGE wooden truck ...all made out of wood when I was like 6 ... there was a very steep road right in front of my house and I'd throw myself in it and jump and roll down the hill to the horror of my mum.

My Little Pony,Carebears,Barbie and Lego.Sorted! And 'Action Man' for Barbie because Ken didn't seem matcho enough. :lol:

Power Rangers

Thunderbirds, tracey island

and when i was about 5 years old.......i wanted nothing but a piece of cloth to chew on :lol: it was called my 'gom gom'........dont ask :ninja:
apparently i got VERY aggressive if anyone tried to take it away from me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->