Favorite Childhood Toy

Originally posted by Alejandro@Aug 14 2004, 10:28 AM
Same here, my mom wanted to implant a butch image towards me, but I used to put flower stickers and carry my sister's barbies on top of them :lol:

MOOM! It didn't work ya' know!! :lol: :lol:
[snapback]332011[/snapback]​
LMAO!!!! :lol:

Care bears, my Big Wheel (pink!), cabbage patch dolls, barbies, my little ponies, hungry hungry hippos, topple, this ball thing that looked like saturn(but you stood on it and bounced around), rainbow brite, she-ra, legos, these plastic tubes that could be smushed or stretched and you could put them together, oh yea! and my beads that you could put together in different color combinations to make a necklace, ya just pop them out of one another and put them how you want them.

I miss being a kid.... damn.

My parents didnt believe in getting me a lot of toys :( I had two Barbies and Seasame Street Playhouse. I would go to peoples houses and steal their toys and would have like this huge bumpy bulge from a barbie sticking out of my shirt :P

i was obsessed with Barbies,i still keep them...my mom made them clothes, and a house..my room was like a Barbieland :blush:

Originally posted by As You Like It@Aug 14 2004, 01:43 PM
OMG, my sister and I had that same toy! AFAIK, our still works...it is in a cupboard unter the stairs at my parents' house. I loved that thing, too. It was so whimsical and silly and made irritating noises.

Another of my favorite "toys" from childhood was a pocket flashlight that ran off of AA batteries and could be used for clandestine under-the-blankets, after-bedtime reading.
[snapback]332101[/snapback]​

yay, hippopotamus organs rock! :mohawk: :P

here are hot looks dolls ....
a8_1_b.JPG

anyone remember beverly hills teens?

50_8.JPG

and lurky from rainbow bright!
be_1_b.JPG

Jem dolls
My Little Pony
Keypers
Popples
Hungry Hippos
Sweet Secrets (little dolls that fold up into lockets)
She-Ra dolls (Glimmer!)
Star Wars/ Visionaries/ GI Joe action figures (inherited from my bro)
Princess Gigi/Minky Mo Mo
Care Bears
Pound Puppies
Those colorful caterpillar dolls called Lotsalotsalegggs or something like that.
Some plastic doll with "growable" play doh hair.
Dreambuilders (?lego for girls)
Wuzzles
Rainbow Brite
Snorks
Maple Town/Sylvanian Families (found some on eBay)

I also honed my musical skills on the hippo organ. I probably was into Polly Pockets the most as well as Trolls. I had a Teddy Ruxpin, a Lite Bright, this mermaid doll that would sing and her tail would change colors in water, and this weird circular disk I would sit on with a circular handle in the middle that I would use to spin the disk around really fast. I also liked Skip It a lot. Good times.

My favorite toy would be my cabbage patch kid. I named her Vera and I still have her to give her to my kids one day. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by asta@Aug 14 2004, 02:26 PM
american girl dolls- back when they only had samantha, kirsten and molly
[snapback]332095[/snapback]​

I feel so old that I remember those days! I loved my molly doll, because she had glasses just like me. so cute. :heart: I had all of the little outfits and accessories. that and my barbies (I had over 60 :shock:) were my very favourite toys when I was little.

Originally posted by Mettchen@Aug 24 2004, 07:02 AM
i just found a picture of me with my hippo organ :P
[snapback]343648[/snapback]​

omgz ! :P
so frikkin cutee. :heart: :heart:

i used to love my little pony / barbiee & cindy. haha
& troll dolls.

i had the best everr pocahantas barbie. omg. i was so cool. B) :mohawk:

now when I think of it, the only toys I really liked were dolls and dollhouses... And of course I loved Barbie dolls the most :smile: I loved getting new clothes and accessoires for them, and always begged my mum for more lol... Me and my sisters had so many dolls of all kinds and we always made our own houses and furniture for them in book shelfs and stuff like that. ahh... those days were so much fun :D

Originally posted by Mettchen@Aug 24 2004, 02:02 PM
i just found a picture of me with my hippo organ :P
[snapback]343648[/snapback]​

Oooh. I'm almost sure that I had one like that too. :flower:

Originally posted by StellaStorm@Aug 24 2004, 03:38 PM
now when I think of it, the only toys I really liked were dolls and dollhouses... And of course I loved Barbie dolls the most :smile: I loved getting new clothes and accessoires for them, and always begged my mum for more lol... Me and my sisters had so many dolls of all kinds and we always made our own houses and furniture for them in book shelfs and stuff like that. ahh... those days were so much fun :D
[snapback]343681[/snapback]​

I also loved Barbie! :heart:

I loved my Chrissy doll, Honey Hill Bunch, Fisher Price little people sets, Liddle Kiddles (popular before I was born, but my mom bought a bunch at a garage sale and I played with them constantly), and those little purses with the mini dolls in them.

I also had a babydoll that was big. I think she was Baby Dear and let's not forget the Sunshine Family!

OK, I realize I'm giving away my age here!

ok sorry if this has been a post already
what was your Fav toy as a child ??
MynWere:
A Toy working sewing machine
Barbie
Dolls
Fashion Design Kit Thing Were You Coloured In These Stencil Things
Easy Bake oven
Colouring Books And Crayons
My Little Ponies And Care Bears
Ty Beanie Babies

Last edited by a moderator:
Barbies, definitely - I even had the plastic ones w/ the legs that wouldn't bend!!
Mouse Trap
Mr. Potato Head
Cooties
Paper Dolls - we loved to make our own!
Lincoln Logs

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back