Fendi S/S 2021 Milan

Again, Silvia Venturini does not seem to be in need of any extra hand to deliver good work.
The closing look alone is worth the effort to look at this show. Both the casting and the slightly crepuscular, somber mood of the set felt right for the moment (I keep reading that designers react to the time with an OTT, upbeat attitude - found many shows in London an NY felt forced and out of touch because of that)

Because this needs to be mentionned: The Set is one of the best I’ve seen in a longtime (it’s a bit similar to what AMI did a few years ago)!
The cast was good too and seeing older models (and Penelope Tree) was really great!

The collection itself is very good, sometimes fabulously great but I think the menswear bring down the greatness of the womenswear. The menswear felt very « filler » and some of the looks of the womenswear looked like they were styled to be cohesive to the menswear.
The menswear just needed a simple lookbook. It would have been enough!

This collection is great because It reflects the time and at the same time, the clothes are desirable enough to be worn today or in 6 months. The shirt dresses, the exploration of lightness, the strict bourgeois aesthetic Silvia does so well are all perfectly executed.
There are just so many pieces that I want to buy and I feel like despite the excessive styling, the clothes really shines through!
And finally, they did justice to big girls!

The last two looks were really a surprise and the feathers bag is to die for!

It’s really a pity that Kim is coming because I think Silvia really gained in confidence since her first Couture show. I can only hope that Kim will keep the bourgeois spirit and the eclecticism of Fendi.

Too bad LVMH doesn't trust her because what I'm seeing is further proof that she knows how to invoke a world of desire, luxury AND build a dream on the runway.

The prints that look like the shadows from a window are marvelous to look at as is her abstracted modern way to present the bourgeois roman motifs of the brand, all enveloped in the aura built by the set, the cast...

At least she got to present one last solo show.

Maybe it's wrong to say it, but I've enjoyed Fendi much more since Silvia took over. Sure, Karl had great and fabulous collections over the decades, but I think Silvia is just the right person to deliver softness and warm touch in times like these.

Some details are just breathtaking – the multi-layered collar! – and the overall mood hits close to home, literally. I can see Silvia in most of these looks, she really shone through each exit here.

I agree the menswear is a bit redundant. A talented designer could give it a face, but I'm still angry at Kim seizing control over everything.

I really love this collection. It might be one of the best shows this season ... Can you please tell me why do they hire Kim?

I just want to hope that he'll keep his logo-mania at bay.
I really hope so because contrary to what is displayed on IG, the women who are really into Fendi RTW loves the fashion fashion...And I’m not only talking about myself. I think Fendi does have very different audiences in their markets. In the US I wouldn’t surprised to learn that people are really into logos but in Asia (and you see it even with the women who goes to their Avenue Montaigne store), the clientele is more sophisticated. And I also think that the fact that their handbags relies more on the leather than a monogram is also a reason for that.

thank God for Fendi.

so, so good! chic and elegant. nothing more, nothing less and I loved the Menswear too!
also, the cast was amazing!

The set looked like me imagining heaven: white, simple, cosy yet elegant and elusive. Collection is a dream (apart from the few men's looks)! I am worried that the LVMH plan to train Kim before he will take over Dior will actually deprive Silvia from her confidence and sophistication and the brand from its absolutely core which is this "Fendi dream" which Karl introduced many years ago with Fendi sisters.

Those shadow prints are soooooooo good omG. Such a hypnotic collection. And the logos kept to a minimum!!!

But I’m so depressed that this is all about to be over already for seasons to come. I hate lvmh with a passion :angry::(:cry:

I echo all of the comments before mine. This collection is a DREAM! Easily the best I have seen this season.

I NEEED every piece in Xu Meen's look!

Jones' appointment seems even more ridiculous after this.

Beautiful collection indeed. Silvia has been the perfect student I guess and she evolved (still is) in the right environment to reach that level of luxury and desirability. She does not need Kim but maybe she does not want to handle that much. She has sort of the perfect life and fashion is in tough times to handle that huge position with the white collars who want absolutely to get their money.

Back to the collection, my two issues are the menswear (Ganio never manages to impress me and this is not Silvia's forte) and the shoes. I have to say she managed the idea of simplicity in this hard time much better than Prada and her very lazy collection she did a few months ago.

P.S: it is good to be back to fashion week and fashion shows. I truly missed that.

The menswear is so unnecessary and feels so overly precious here. The confidence in the womenswear is just miles ahead of it.

Like everyone else said here - it's VERY clear that she does not need Kim at all here...

ABSOLUTELY SUBLIME !!!
This is just so beautiful and I love how it feels current and relevant without pandering. The luxuriousness is OOZING through my screen. I love it ! I enjoy what Kim Jones has done at Dior for men, but seriously I feel he is not needed at Fendi after this collection. Silvia is a strong and capable designer !! Brava, brava, brava Silvia !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->