Fendi S/S 2021 Milan

I really hope so because contrary to what is displayed on IG, the women who are really into Fendi RTW loves the fashion fashion...

I will make an effort to believe you, ignoring, for example his last Dior Homme resort collection, that might as well be on display exclusively in airport boutiques.
I wonder how much the choice to give him the Fendi post is due to his - erh, I'll put it softly - pliability to the reasons of marketing and how much is instead a design-motivated one.
I have a feeling Kim is exactly the sort of designer suits (especially the suits at LVMH) nowadays look for - talented but not outrageously so, skilled but also astute and sensitive to mass-taste.

It's really quite lovely...the womenswear, of course. I didn't even look at the menswear.

Love the luxurious interpretations of humble, 30's cotton dresses with fagoting...gorgeous. The window shadow prints are really elegant, and I'm someone who really has a hard time with photographic prints on garments...but these are kind of fabulous.

My only complaint with Fendi is the styling and show atmosphere. Everything is just too meticulous and polished and corporate...I really think just a little edge would go a very long way. Maybe messy, natural hair instead of a tight, lacquered chignon? Maybe a moodier, darker, more intimate catwalk? I don't know exactly what I would do if I were in a position to style or make edits to a collection like this, but I think the fashion itself is so strong, I would love to see it presented in a bit more of a romantic, narrative, mood setting way.

Gorgeous, one of the best collections this season! The menswear feels unnecessary, could we keep Silvia for womenswear and Kim for menswear?

Omg....this is so so so good (sans the menswear). Im getting sad lmao. I cant with people agreeing that Kim Jones would do this house wonders. Bryanboy called him “Fashion’s anointed one” geez I love Kim but this is so grim :wacko:

I only like the black look worn by Penelope Tree (who looks better and younger than other models in this show...go figure!).

The ombre colour palette gives sophistication to some of the looks here; but that´s it, because there´s little pattern playing here.

Tired of the logo orgy! And the white padded waistcoats are totally out of place in this collection. Monsieur Bibendum (Michelin mascot) would be proud of them!

The first look is one of the most beautiful this season. I love how she combined transparencies and the shadow print. Silvia has shown us once again that she would be a great creative director. She clearly understands what Fendi needs. Its refreshing to see such elegant and collection that is not catering to instagram. Makes me even more mad that instead of this we will be getting logo nightmare and some corny collaborations.

I love the lightness of this collection. It's so dreamy and clean. I'm not sure about those flared sleeves but the rest is close to perfection. Personally speaking, I'm a big fan of the 11th look. That's the kind of fashion I need right now.

This show is so good that I feel bad for Silvia, she should be the only artistic director at Fendi tbh.

Bryanboy called him “Fashion’s anointed one”

this is sooo uncomfortable to read/listen this elaborated bj to Kim that comes from everywhere now; let's see what he will offer first before proclaiming him the new pope of fashion. it is as gross as these pictures of Matthew Williamson's cross tattoo on Givenchy's Instagram.

Love this collection, so beautiful and light. Also love the cast. :heart:

Oh, Silvia is really great. She's so swiftly and seamlessly taken Fendi in the right direction post Karl's passing and this is yet again proof of her commitment to substance over styling fads. I don't love everything, but for today's standards, this is fantastic. The black (meets white) section 3/4 of the way through is excellent!

Shame they had to get that hypebeast on board. I don't have a good feeling about the direction he's going to steer this brand in, especially as Fendi has really represented true fashion in latter years.

Was this just Silvia or Kim and Silvia? The duvet cover looks are not my coup of tea to be honest ! Although I like the window motif

We are very critical of Kim Jones’s collabs but Fendi has done a lot of very questionable collabs since Karl’s death: Nicki Minaj and the one for this season...I’m not even mentioning Chanel with the Pharrell thing.
Was this just Silvia or Kim and Silvia? The duvet cover looks are not my coup of tea to be honest ! Although I like the window motif
Just Silvia. This is her last solo collection for both men’s and womenswear.
Kim’s debut will probably be Prefall 2021 and his debut runway collection, FW2021.

What an evocative show! There’s a lot of looks to be desired! From the degrade, knitted coat to the floaty wood-printed caftan to the jacket that has these trompe l’oeil-esque buttons, all of which are playfully sophisticated instead of laughably gimmicky.

It’s interesting how LVMH tried hard to ‘push the envelope’ by appointing the talentless MGC to be the chosen female creative director at Dior when Silvia, whose talent is head and shoulders above MGC’s and countless male designers’ out there at the moment, has been here the whole time.

I just watched the show and I have to say I was very moved by it. As she did with F.W 20, Silvia has once again shown she has the sort of vision fashion desperately needs at the moment. The clothes were once again unapologetically elegant and bourgeois yet modern. I even thought the menswear complemented it in a good way which is ever hardly the case. The casting, the set, the music; all in perfect harmony with the clothes. By the time of the finale, I was filled with both happiness and sadness. It's such a shame that we will not see this vision progress in its purest form for the foreseeable future. As much as I like Kim Jones, I think this is perhaps the most unnecessary appointment in recent fashion history but I do hope to be proved wrong.

Oh Silvia, she has learned and worked with Karl for so long now she's in full control and take charge of the house. I love everything here. What I adore about Fendi is that they left the collabs on the side. Their main RTW are still for the house sophisticated fashion audiences. I am not sure whether Kim's addition to the house will be good or bad. But a Fendi collection is not really about hype but it's all about the collection itself. As much as I like him, I am not sure it's a good direction for Fendi.

This collection is probably the best of the season so far, and it’s very unlikely they can manage to turn Kim into Karl with the Fendi stint.

This makes the Kim Jones appointment even harder to justify for me. It's just such a great womenswear collection, and the duvet looks are a breath of fresh air. What a shame that LVMH don't trust Silvia, or she really does feel like designing that many collections + accessories is too much for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->