Figuring out what your body shape is?

__neversummer

Reaction score
Well thanks to body dismorphia I'm convinced that I'm alot bigger than what I really am, and I've been dressing for that size. Wearing baggy clothes and trying to make myself look smaller. But alot of people have mentioned to me lately that the way I dress makes me look a lot bigger than I really am.

So how do I figure out what my body shape is? Then how to dress so that it looks good on me?

I'm 5'10, 135, 34-27-33 and slightly bulky from lifting weights too much. So with that information could anyone guess at what my body shape would be. Sorry for the dumb question but I'm a totall tom boy and slightly stupid when it comes to dressing myself well.

Could you post a pic neversummer? It would help a lot. It's true that wearing baggy clothing makes you look larger. Generally, tops and skirts that hug / skim the figure is good. Make sure it's not too tight though. For trousers, the best bet IMO is low rise boot cut... or at least straight cut .... avoid tapered and carrot cuts at all costs!!!

__neversummer said:
Well thanks to body dismorphia I'm convinced that I'm alot bigger than what I really am, and I've been dressing for that size. Wearing baggy clothes and trying to make myself look smaller. But alot of people have mentioned to me lately that the way I dress makes me look a lot bigger than I really am.

baggy clothes will make you appear larger..I'm not advocating that you wear skin tight, but clothes that "hug" your figure will imo be more flattering.

as for you body shape..it sounds like you are slender but curvy..like you could get away with wearing just about anything. :flower:

seraphelle said:
Do you have wide shoulders?

Yup I have really wide shoulders and when I wear clothes that are more feminine I feel like I look like a gorilla.

As for pictures I'll post some tomorow I don't have any on this computer.

Thanks for the help everyone, I always feel like such a moron whenever I talk about this kina stuff. I'm no good at being a girl :P

i am studying styling in school, I would say your body type is called an inverted triangle. Try wearing clothing that flares on the bottom such as A-line skirts wide leg trousers anything with a bit more volume on the bottom. On top you can sear tope with a V neckline, this would take the emphasis away from the wider shoulders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->