Footless Tights

DriversHigh said:
:unsure:

You just all just be glad that you haven't seen them paired with flip flops...
oh, but I have. here in northeastern USA, where the temperatures were around 35 degrees F, a girl came into my catholic school on a day we were allowed to wear regular clothes (as opposed to uniforms) wearing an abercrombie outfit consisting of long sleeved striped tee shirt, black leggings/footless tights/whatever the heck you want to call them, and a denim miniskirt with massive bronze medallion things (like the kind from the belts of summer '05) attached to the bottom of it. and flip flops. it could have been snowing outside.

the thing that is worst is that this girl was fawned over for her "creative" outfit and she even won the vote for "best dressed in the senior class" the next day. people in my area would not know true style if it attacked them with very sharp teeth.

the black leggings/footless tights/whatever the heck you want to call them trend is perhaps one of the most disgusting trends i have ever witnessed. i knew it would be big when all the young hollywood gals (thanks, rachel zoe) started doing it last summer, and have been cringing since. i wonder if i can just dig a hole in hide in it until summer '06 is over so i don't have to constantly view this vile, hideous, tackier than anything look, because I know it's going to explode. i think i would rather see every other girl wearing a see-through peasant skirt and tank top again. and that's saying A LOT.

we must have a thread on leggings already...no?...

'heel-less tights'...that just sounds ignorant and ridiculous...
:lol:...

I adore this outfit of Lindsey's:

missing credits

I really want to put something like this together. Her tights are really pretty I like how they have that banded line of piping, wish I could find something like it!!!

I like this outfit so much I wouldn't care what anyone thinks!

Last edited by a moderator:
These were omg lyk so huge last summer in NZ, and I can't believe some of the mall girls are still trying to pull it off. I think most outfits look horrible with it, but some people can almost pull it off with a genuine punk-y look.

-G.

I like wearing mine with my dresses and round toed pumps.
Don't like the look with denim minis though...... it's been done to death!

sillygirlysays said:
I adore this outfit of Lindsey's:

do not quote pics
I think she could have looked so much better without them

I know it's "overdone" But I'm not letting that dictate what I wear, because I like it. Although it does irk me somewhat to see tons of girls wearing them I'm not letting stop me from wearing a look I love :flower: :heart:

i'm pretty sick of looking at footless tights. since i have short legs they would make me look stumpy.

i think it's great when it's shiny and comes in intricate patterns
nice under a dress!

I remember when I used to like the mini skirt + footless tights look. Now when I look around school, every girl seems to have it and they all look the same.

oh!! isn't it that there are these tights for guys too??? i saw it on vivienne westwood's au/wi 2005 collection. i wonder if they'll become popular for them too??

vivienne westwood...

missing credits

katiejane027 said:
the footless tights are creative. you dont want to over do it... you want keep it relatively simple. the tights, some chunky necklaces or a varity of chain necklaces and hot shoes and its a great outfit.

what i meant was that the only thing worn with these tights are with denim skirts that i always see...can't they wear something else with it besides skirts?

not one person in my school has ever worn footless tights... I just started wearing them a few months ago. I love them, i thing they are really cute, and different in my case.

i got mine black opaque ones from Hot Topic...

sasscam said:
Don't like the look with denim minis though...... it's been done to death!

Countless number of girls at my school are doing it... :sick:

VintagePearls said:
I wanted to gag when I saw this nine year old girl wearing them with a blue jean miniskirt at church the other day.

OMG! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->