Formal Hairstyles Q/A for prom, wedding etc

CoutureGirl7

Reaction score
could you guys possibly give me suggestions on how to do my hair for prom? my dress is long, satin in an olive/sage green and the top is sort of a halter style.

i wish i had a pic, but this was the closest thing that i could find that sort of resembled my dress:

dina except that the color of dress is a more richer, and darker olive green

i think i want to wear my hair down bc the dress makes my shouldars look narrow, but i am really at a lost of how to wear it... i have pretty thick, long asian hair... so if you guys could just give me some ideas, i would highly appreciate it! :flower: :flower:

Maybe one of those backward braids? It might be a bit more unique than an updo. :flower:
(I'll see if I can find a picture for you)

Try not to put em up, cuz everyone will have that... try open and curly hair, those big "farrah fawcett"-curls, ya kno what I mean, hehe

Originally posted by dramatique@Apr 5th, 2004 - 6:27 pm
Try curling your hair and putting it in a half updo.
I was gonna say that....put it half up and make the ends wavy. very elegant. :flower:

What types of styles do you guys do for formal events such as prom or weddings? Every time I go to a family function I always try to outdo the last hair style. The past two times one of my aunts has said I look like a young cyndi lauper.

I'm going to resize the pics and show ya!

for formal events I go for simple looks, maybe with a really nice hair accessory.

I usually like just keeping it down and make it messy waves but If I have to put it up I go with a simple pompadour or slick back and have it with twist in the back and clip it with some nice hair accesories as a focal point(some sort of butterfly or dragonfly)...I keep the hair minimal usually cuz I wear my formal chandelier earrings so a intricate hair style will make my head look too busy.

grrr. wrong topic.

i lovee to wear my hair messy & tousled in a loose chignon or bun.
&& faux hawks are hott.
not really a fan of slicked back hair & gel.

Socialite,

You posted a picture of one of my favorite people in the world! LOL I am a huge Buffy fan. :P I also like that kind of hair style but what happened this time, I cut my hair a month or two prior and my hair isn't long enough for a twist of any sort!

I guess I like doing crazier things to my hair because when it comes to accessories and earrings, I am rather simple. I don't even wear earring the majority of the time.

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 1:44 pm
I usually like just keeping it down and make it messy waves but If I have to put it up I go with a simple pompadour or slick back and have it with twist in the back and clip it with some nice hair accesories as a focal point(some sort of butterfly or dragonfly)...I keep the hair minimal usually cuz I wear my formal chandelier earrings so a intricate hair style will make my head look too busy.
B) :heart:

Originally posted by BabyJ@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 10:59 am
Socialite,

You posted a picture of one of my favorite people in the world! LOL I am a huge Buffy fan. :P I also like that kind of hair style but what happened this time, I cut my hair a month or two prior and my hair isn't long enough for a twist of any sort!

I guess I like doing crazier things to my hair because when it comes to accessories and earrings, I am rather simple. I don't even wear earring the majority of the time.
Theres a lot of things... you can do with short hair. I used to have Kelly Osbourne short hair and i found it it wonderful to play around with it.

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but... Maybe for when I graduate again?
Anyway, I think it's awesome! :angel:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->