Formal Hairstyles Q/A for prom, wedding etc

hair should look beautiful, not.. sculptural.

I'm actually very much liking the idea of a more "sculptural" 'do for my wedding... curled and up, with some body.. :heart:

does anyone have suggestions for what to do with short hair for prom?
v-b-1.jpg

source: short-haircut-styles.com
this is the haircut i have and but i don't want to just wear it like this for prom because i wear it like that everyday
pictures of examples would be nice :smile: thank you

Wow, Uma's hair on the previous page is gorgeous! Very romantic...

Still trying to find the perfect style for my wedding...

Wow, Uma's hair on the previous page is gorgeous! Very romantic...

Still trying to find the perfect style for my wedding...

Aww you're getting married?!! Congratulations!:flower:
I'm pretty sure Uma's hair would be great on you (if I remember you correctly:P). Or anything similar to that hairstyle. Jessica Alba's updo's would suit you quite well too I think.

something like this:
View attachment 523147View attachment 523149
myshimmer

Last edited by a moderator:
FleurDeLys, thank you. :flower:

^ Oh, yes, that's gorgeous - the second I love... do you think it'd look to busy with a couple of flowers in there??

You're welcome!:flower:

I think it depends on your dress. If it is already a 'busy' dress, you should keep your hair nice and romantic without any flowers. If it is a simple dress however, you could try to put a nice white flower in your hair to spice it up a little.
Same goes for jewelry actually. I wouldn't wear any jewelry with a dress that 'stands' on its own. If it's a simple dress, you can wear some jewelry or put flowers in your hair, but not both.
But then again, that's just me, I don't like 'overload' ;-). I prefer simple yet very elegant dresses, with a lovely updo and soft romantic make up. Just enough to make you the most beautiful one of the day^^.
So, as I said, it really depends on the dress.

^ I don't prefer overload, either, especially on my wedding day. Here's a little preview as to my wedding ensemble, from the seamstress (and I apologize to those who have seen this elsewhere on the Fashion Spot :ninja:)

I'm having vintage gold buttons added to the back, and I want my seamstress to get rid of that huge gathering of tulle at my back. Since I plan on wearing that, I am going to go sans a veil. Still thinking of adding a gorgeous belt, but NOT a ribbon sash.

This dress calls for some gorgeous hair and a flower or two. :wink:

Best24Fulllengthveilinginmirror1.jpg

Best2Fulllengthinmirror.jpg

Oh yes, that's a gorgeous dress! That's the kind of dress I would see myself wearing too on my wedding day. Simple but very elegant. An updo à la Uma or Jessica and some flowers will make it perfect ^_^.
Aww, you're going to look stunning! :heart:

(Oh, and I don't think the dress needs a belt, it looks perfect as it is, without the tulle. But that's just my opinion of course :flower:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->