Francesca Versace

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
fversace_lbbktatler03REX_B.jpg

i thought that was a bit :innocent: fun to read..

THE VERSACE QUESTION

IS the Versace name creating tremours of jealousy at the fashion bastion that is Central Saint Martins? The 21-year-old niece of Donatella, Francesca Versace, enrolled on the Fashion and Marketing course at the college earlier this year, having initially failed to make it onto the Womenswear course, but one fellow student is adamant that she doesn't have what it takes. "She is a poor designer, and the reason she managed to get in is obvious," the disgruntled one told the Daily Mail. "It was certainly not for her fashion skills. Everyone has to create something "conceptual" for an abstract show at the White Room in Charing Cross this Friday. Francesca is putting her model in a corset with a few fluffy feathers. Apparently, she may add reindeer ears to make the whole thing look a touch more avant-garde." (December 10 2003, AM)

from Vogue UK :flower:

Originally posted by eguana@Dec 10th, 2003 - 4:20 pm
JEALOUSY SUCKS!!11
the 'jealousy' part was pure irony eguana.. :P

why should anyone be jealous of an 'talentless' rich Italian girl
who regardless her uber connections has failed to enter her desired course
and seems not to be doing that great at StMartins?
nothing to get jealous about here :rolleyes:

sad, really.

if the 'disgruntled' in this case would have been smart, she would befriend the young versace heiress and not talk bad about her behind her back....bc while she may be talentless, the reason she is at saint martins is NOT to develop talent of her own, but to establish connections for those there who probably do have a future in fashion.

it's the same story at most elite business schools...half are there for their brain, the other half for the last names.

maybe i should go to get some photos for tfs

im not a st martins fan for several reasons.....but i wanna see this versace's dress

at least she can use the name versace on her designs which'll blind pple of all the uglyness and make them buy or she m,ay get a BIG job @ versace

Originally posted by mikeijames@Dec 10th, 2003 - 1:38 pm
sad, really.

if the 'disgruntled' in this case would have been smart, she would befriend the young versace heiress and not talk bad about her behind her back....bc while she may be talentless, the reason she is at saint martins is NOT to develop talent of her own, but to establish connections for those there who probably do have a future in fashion.

it's the same story at most elite business schools...half are there for their brain, the other half for the last names.
I would think 'disgruntled' is already snuggled up to la piccola Versace. As they say, familiarity breeds contempt. Well, that and legacey kids. :innocent:

stMartins is certainly not a Versace friendly 'establishment',
i bet 'artistic design' students avoid her at corridors and such..
she must have a real hard time there, still should know better than enrolling there, it's not the right place for anything remotely Versace :innocent:

TBH I'm not too sure about Donatella's own design talents - she seems to be able to do the Versace signature style 'Okay' but not much else...Versace needs a fresh injection of talent to replace the void left Gianni (a void his sister hasn't really filled).

As of yet we don't actually know that this young Versace is a poor designer. She might be a brilliant designer. Our knowledge is based on the allegations of a single other much poorer, much less famous designer-to-be. She's probably crap but we shouldn't make a judgement so soon...

"Reindeer antlers just to make it a touch more avant garde" ?????? :lol:

Donatella must know nothing because if she were to give any solid advice it would be to stress the nature of that school. Assuming that she did. But like what's already been said,with the name Versace they think they can do just about anything at all. Quite a mistake there judging from the comment of one of her peers.

Frankly,I don't find it sad whatsoever. Its about time these people were put in their place.

She might add an actual pair of reindeer antlers...that would be avant garde....

Originally posted by Lena+Dec 10th, 2003 - 6:32 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Dec 10th, 2003 - 6:32 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-eguana@Dec 10th, 2003 - 4:20 pm
JEALOUSY SUCKS!!11
the 'jealousy' part was pure irony eguana.. :P

why should anyone be jealous of an 'talentless' rich Italian girl
who regardless her uber connections has failed to enter her desired course
and seems not to be doing that great at StMartins?
nothing to get jealous about here :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Exactly Lena!If anything, I pity the girl! :innocent:

Well from a personal viewpoint,I don't really associate avant garde with just outrageous get-ups and shock tactics. It is more than that.....which is why I found that kind of funny. And why her peers might be a little frustrated because most likely she doesn't understand.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 10th, 2003 - 11:04 pm
She might add an actual pair of reindeer antlers...that would be avant garde....
it would look more ridiculous than avant gardish, but i guess irony is hard to get for some ... :rolleyes:

And Jean-Paul Gaultier's never produced anything ridiculous...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 10th, 2003 - 11:35 pm
And Jean-Paul Gaultier's never produced anything ridiculous...
what does Gaultier has to do with Francesca Versace , with antlers or with avant garde ? are we getting out of topic again Prince ? :rolleyes:

:blink: gaultier = avant garde? :rofl:
great sense of humour Prince :flower:

I had a big article on how Gaultier is avant-garde from Vogue ready to paste (I was thinking you'd say that) but then I went and copied another link and I can't find it again...and you know what? I can't be bothered....

I'll give you the cut and thrust of it though:

Avant Garde-ism is about breaking down boundaries, as famous Avant-Garde Jazzman Charlie Parker said. All of Gaultier's designs attempt to break down boundaries by doing things that are generally seen as 'not do-able' by conventional society i.e. his skirts for men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"