Francesca Versace

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Lena, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

regardless what Vogue prints, and if you are bothered or not, Gaultier is certainly NOT avant garde and has absolutely nothing to do with miss Francesca Versace's discussion :p

2. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

I'd say that Gaultier most certainly IS avant-garde and that dresses for men are as unconventional today as they were when he made them...the relevance was that Avant-Garde often appears ridiculous and that this [whatshernameagain] may be using a complex kind of post-modern irony (what a horrible expression) which her fellow designers haven't understood...

3. PurpleRose

PurpleRose New Member

Right! The topic is kids with famous names suck! ;)

4. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

It is? Ooooohhh...*gets out giant book of vendettas against people with famous names*

5. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

First of all Gaultier has no realtion to this topic.. but if you insist..

Men in skirts? I found that kinda avant-garde from Gaultier.. he avoided the cliches of menswear by doing that and it is wearable. To quote someone "Putting a man in a skirt is not travesty. Putting him in a bra is."

Poor girl, all alone in St. Martins. :( Though that student makes an excellent point it really is not nice to say mean things about other people. On the other hand a lot of students work their asses off just to enter the school then here comes a girl with not much talent then gets in... :doh:

6. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

stMartins has a tradition in being uber snobbish and exclusive, so this kind of reactions are not surprising.

if i was miss Versace, i'd choose a more 'business' orientated school like fit or parsons, i guarandie, she would get everybody's attention and all the fashion business education she needs. StMartins is not the best for her, in more aspects than one :ninja:

7. Acid

Acid yes

St martins is not a friendly establishment full stop from what i've heard

really shocking stories of student sabotage :shock:

8. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

I was going to mention that myself as I have also heard the rumours of the snobbish 'tudes. It is quite the double standard in that sense. But you're totally right,she should be somewhere like Parsons or FIT where they have a more commericial foundation and appreciate the sometimes less serious fashion.

9. TheSweetest

TheSweetest New Member

how come? i didn't know that.

10. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

I was going to mention that myself as I have also heard the rumours of the snobbish 'tudes. It is quite the double standard in that sense. But you're totally right,she should be somewhere like Parsons or FIT where they have a more commericial foundation and appreciate the sometimes less serious fashion. [/b][/quote]
    FIT seems a nice option!
    Marangoni would be OK!

But forget about la Versace! Gimme her seat in St Martin's!
    :lol:

PS Sean ... Whoa! I didn't know about such thing's goin' on at St Martin's!!!
    sabotage??? Damn!

11. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

some friends that went to StMartins had absolutely no problems either with fellow students or with tutors, thay were actually very pleased studying there :ninja:

12. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

St martins is not a friendly establishment full stop from what i've heard

really shocking stories of student sabotage :shock: [/b][/quote]
    ST MARTINS loves kids who are not wealthy!!!!

its a fact. you gotta be a hippie or at least look like one to be cool there. otherwise you get bullied :yuk: !! (im saying that cause i know people who cried every night studying there!!)

no joke. i think that is sad. :cry:

in fact out of all the people i know from ST MARTINS, there is only ONe girl who is prob on of the wealthiest girls around. but noone knows and she dresses like a hippie. ok ok, she is extremely talented, but so could anyone be. regardless of their wealth. they just got issues that if you got money, you certainly have no talent!!! what a stupid myth :rolleyes:

i dont like ST MARTINS. we never liked to work with them for shows during my studies. LC of Fashion is much better and down to earth ;)

maybe mademoiselle VERSACE should reconsider :innocent:

13. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

ok i had a look at her graduate fashion show
    here are some samples all curtesy of catwalking.com

i like the orange dress!

14. VICTIM

VICTIM Active Member

^ i thought it was an okay collection well better than i expected still i dont think it should have been in the press show, the music was good though :lol: didnt stella McCartney do something similar to those padded jackets?

and whats with the whole hippie thing and people getiing bullied, i havnt seen any of that happening at school, thats really sad to hear.

its funny reading all these posts saying st martins isnt a versace friendly place liek a couple of years ago, its huge here right now, well the 90's stuff is, look at christopher kanes work :heart:

15. justinleaddict

justinleaddict Push it to pop it!

I agree, that collection wasn't too bad. But she has graduated. Does anyone know what she is up to? Starting her own line?

...but I still sort of want to see that outfit with deer antlers...

16. Diorling

Diorling New Member

Holy god. The orange dress isnt too bad, but the rest are absolute nightmares.

17. serena775

serena775 New Member

I think the collection is ok, i think she has potential but im also jealous of her being related to donatella:(

18. valerique

valerique New Member

i never liked donatella. don't care for francesca either

19. stella-mayfair

OMG! that pink thing is just absurd! did she raid barbie's boudoir for a couple of sofa cushions to make it?

20. indie

indie New Member

oh no.
    this stuff is horrible!