Fur Stole Poll

jennifer~

Reaction score
This topic has been weighing on my mind: I love stoles... but now that they are a ubiquitous trend item... are they being devalued by trendiness? Or are they still alright?

What's the concensus here? :flower:

I do like them some of the time, but not right now-as you said "devalued by trendiness". I mean, I saw a photo of Beyonce wearing one with a green silk shirt and a brooch, so too trendy. But it would depend what type of stole, how you wore it and if you really love them.

Does yes mean 'Yes they are being devalued' or 'yes I like stoles?'

maybe a really good fake fur stole.. but never a real ammminal. :cry:

Originally posted by eloes@Nov 8 2004, 08:28 PM
Does yes mean 'Yes they are being devalued' or 'yes I like stoles?'
[snapback]423981[/snapback]​

'Yes, stoles are being devalued but I still like stoles'... :lol: :flower:

I say absolutely not. I don't wear fur anyway, and think the whole look is overdone and just too, too much. I think they're ridiculous, like beauty-queen hair and Cadillacs and elaborate, flashy jewelry. It is such an obvious, ostentatious, wasteful luxury item.

Eh... depends on where you live. If you wear fur make sure its actually cold outside (sounds obvious doesn't it?) and it has to be a piece that you'd want to wear in 5 years. Or even 15 years. Don't fake it unless its a REALLY good fake, or else you'll look trendy, which is exactly what you're trying to avoid.

I think those tiny heads on stoles are HORRIFYING! I am not eally into fur in general, but I'm not militant about it either. But those heads and feet hanging. . . :shock:

How about a vegan stole? From the archives of knitty.com- whcih is an awesome monthly mag full of free patterns.

vfox-model.jpg

i like them... it really depends on how you wear them. i'm just sick of seeing ppl wearing them with silky camisoles and jeans ...

i think they're timeless, but have been overexposed. i wouldn't wear fur, but in general it's a throwback to an era where it was considered glamourous.

I say nay to the ones that have the ribbon tie. it reminds me of high school prom B)

I'm with paprika on this one - definitely no to stoles with beady little eyes and snouts and paws, etc. :cry:

I appreciate the vintage appeal of the stole. it worked for barbara stanwick. but it's not the 1940's anymore and it isn't appropriate for the 21st century, in my opinion. I don't like to see them cheaply redone by accessorize, nor do I like to see real fur versions worn by celebrities. it's just tacky and unnecessary to me. :ninja:

Its strange when I looked at this, it never crossed my mind that you meant real fur. That would depend, of course, on your own personal opinion but I wouldn't want to wear real fur.

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Nov 8 2004, 10:37 PM
From the archives of knitty.com- whcih is an awesome monthly mag full of free patterns.
vfox-model.jpg

[snapback]424119[/snapback]​

I absolutely love that thing! It's so odd... :heart:
Thanks for the link!

Originally posted by alwaysandnever@Nov 9 2004, 01:26 PM
I absolutely love that thing! It's so odd... :heart:
Thanks for the link!
[snapback]424772[/snapback]​

Glad you like it. It is so weird and adorable :heart: it, too.

Sorry, I forgot to add the link to the actual pattern.

If you already knit, it would be a pretty simple and quick project b/c the gauge is 7 stitches = 4 inches (meaning you only have to make abt 2 stictches per inch)

or

convince a friend to make it for you :flower: or pay them back in trade :flower:

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Nov 9 2004, 02:16 PM
Glad you like it. It is so weird and adorable :heart: it, too.

Sorry, I forgot to add the link to the actual pattern.

If you already knit, it would be a pretty simple and quick project b/c the gauge is 7 stitches = 4 inches (meaning you only have to make abt 2 stictches per inch)

or

convince a friend to make it for you :flower: or pay them back in trade :flower:
[snapback]424861[/snapback]​

I really like that critter-stole, too. It is like a wearble toy!

Too bad I don't know how to knit. :P

stoles rock. go for real fur . . . . fake is fake.

nornor

I don't wear real fur, and I'm really not digging this trend too much. It just seems a little over-the-top, trying-too-hard kinda thing.

i like them , i add ribbons and chaines to tie the stole. looks good with undersized kids leather jacket

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velaryon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->