Gap - The Campaign Archive

LOVE the first and third pics. The second is odd. In the pic with her customized jeans, she looks bad, but I do really like the knickers.

As for the tailoring, well, HELLO! Yes, they tailored the stuff she's wearing! In every single clothing ad you have ever seen, the clothes are taken in here and there, and pinned, and clipped back, etc, etc, so that they look perfect.

Anyway, I am a huge SJP fan and I love Gap. Yep, I do. I'm on a budget, and as a college student, the casual styles are perfect for me.

is it just me or is sarah desperately doing any kind of campaign to stay in the spotlight after the end of satc??i mean (sorry i didn't mind scanning it) has anybody seen the horrible, HORRIBLE ad for lux shower gel that she is in?? :sick:
and gap is not her style at all in my opinion....she has such amazing personal style i think she kind of ruins it all by doing all these ads for average-joe brands...

Her personal style before SATC was rather blah, no?
Nothing spectacular at all.
Seems to me, the people who created her electic fashion sense that everyone's raving about were the stylists from SATC aka Patricia Field and her team, and suddenly outside of her character, SJP is dressing all Carrie when it's really was the *stylist's* vision, and she's getting lauded for having Carrie's dress sense.
Can she carry off crazy outfits? Sometimes, but she sure wasn't the one who decided what Carrie would be wearing.

THE THIRD PIC IS OK, NOTHING SPECIAL :wink:

Originally posted by Love4Armani@Jul 27 2004, 06:18 PM
she is almost hideous. what a waste..im going to avoid looking at those pics. !!
[snapback]316709[/snapback]​

I used to like browsing this forum, but lately it's become a forum for some of the most judgemental comments I've seen. Calm down!!! If everyone here was so perfect and had such great style, why the hell aren't you in media pictures being commented on? Sorry for adding the the very negative attitude of this forum.

As for SJP, she's fantastic. She was one of the executive producers of the SATC, so her hands were in every aspect of the show, including the fashion. True, Pat Field is brilliant, but don't think that SJP (and the rest) didn't work very closely with Pat and guided her to what their characters would wear. For example, Pat even says how SJP was the one to find the fur coat Carrie wore throughout seasons two and three. Also, as far as SJP's personal style before and after the show, she has always been spunky with her clothes. SATC gave her the training and income to take it to the next level.

Last I heard, Gap (or any other company) hasn't been knocking on your door to represent them have they?

Originally posted by gattaca09@Jul 28 2004, 08:56 AM
I used to like browsing this forum, but lately it's become a forum for some of the most judgemental comments I've seen. Calm down!!! If everyone here was so perfect and had such great style, why the hell aren't you in media pictures being commented on? Sorry for adding the the very negative attitude of this forum.
[snapback]317049[/snapback]​

Negative or not, everybody's entitled to having their own opinions. :wink:

i like the first and the last pictures. The outfits are fine. It is, afterall, "The G. A. P.", as my grandmother used to call it, not high fashion.

nornor

As for SJP, she's fantastic. She was one of the executive producers of the SATC, so her hands were in every aspect of the show, including the fashion. True, Pat Field is brilliant, but don't think that SJP (and the rest) didn't work very closely with Pat and guided her to what their characters would wear. For example, Pat even says how SJP was the one to find the fur coat Carrie wore throughout seasons two and three. Also, as far as SJP's personal style before and after the show, she has always been spunky with her clothes. SATC gave her the training and income to take it to the next level.

Last I heard, Gap (or any other company) hasn't been knocking on your door to represent them have they?

I have to disagree with your statment. SJP is being put out there as a role-model/fashion icon for the public to follow. We, as the public have a right to comment on that and express our feelings. Everyone does not have the same tastes. As for the last part of your post-there are many people on this board who would be better suited for the GAP ads or any other ad than SJP. Unfortunately, there is too much focus on celebrity these days and advertisers prefer to use a big name, whether they are really suited for the job or not.

Personally, I never thought she SJP attractive, I never liked SATC and I have never seen SJP dressed in anything I would want to wear. I think the GAP ads are horrible and instead of wanting to buy the clothing advertised, they make me want to avoid the store all together. :innocent:

Calm down? Who's excited other than you?
How are my personal opinions judgmental? (spelt without an E btw, but pls note I'm not jugding your spelling capabilities)
Judgmental of her fashion sense?? When did that become a crime?
I am *not* slandering her or making slurs about her character.
FYI, I sorta like her, she seems nice enough, is an OK actress, if a little verbose and long-winded in interviews.
I am simply stating that in my own humble opinion (I am allowed to have one aren't I? :rolleyes: ) her fashion sense before SATC was just so-so.
She found the one fur coat? Ooh what a noteworthy achievement! You've definitely convinced me. :rolleyes: Big whoop.
Btw, post-SATC isn't making me do major cartwheels either though it has significantly improved, but that's another can of worms for you and your peace loving, uber positive nature to wrestle with.
I'm just saying if she had the *exact* same style before the show, people would have been raving about her then. I certainly wasn't. Was she on the cover of Vogue pre-SATC? Hmm, that would be a big resounding No. (If I'm wrong I'll say I'm wrong)
However, if this somewhat appeases you, it is remotely plausible that she suddenly developed this style while working on SATC.
As for her income before the show, I am sure she could afford vintage 70's sundresses and other "quirky" essentials that are so "Carrie".
And uh, if she could wear Oscar de la Renta before SATC, where was her innate style then?? I'm not saying she was a fashion disaster before, well perhaps, but simply forgettable to me.
Is that alright with you O' exalted thought-police???
Or must I censor my opinions just because you think she is fantastic?
It's just fashion, not racial prejudices or intolerance for crying out loud.
I NEVER say anything negative about TFS member or celebs in general, unless it's Britney(who can resist?), and when I do, it's purely pertaining to fashion, never anyone's character, and this is a Fashion Forum is it not?

And btw, I think MANY members of TFS have FABULOUS style and there are some that would be a million times better in a GAP ad, or even a Prada ad for that matter. We might even see a couple achieving that "feat" in the near future.
Are you one of them? I ask only because you seem to be suggesting that nobody here can have any negative comments about celebrity fashion unless they're a supermodel, fashion icon or inherently "perfect"???
Dream on.
Regardless of your vocation in life, everyone, I repeat, everyone has a right to their own opinions on any topic, be you a road sweeper or a supermodel.
As long as these opinions don't disparage an individual's moral character, race, religion or sexual orientation, then I am all for free speech.

As for your final comment, I am not even going to lower myself to your level and trade personal insults over my post, because your single comment was more negative than my whole initial post, so why don't you rethink your so-called "amazingly positive attitude" and get down off your paraplegic high horse. :rolleyes:

I am not at all sorry my opinions don't sit well with you, because your attitude and your self-righteous indignation over something so trivial don't sit well with me either, so we'll agree to differ and leave it at that.

Please don't pounce on me or any other unsuspecting TFSer just because we aren't collectively drooling over SJP.
Unless you're into negativity of course. :innocent:

Here is some negative feedback. USE your brain!

GAP sin't knocking on our doors because we didn't star in a hit show for 6 seasons. Did you seriously need us to explain that to you? :blink:

Secondly, style or no style she is still really ugly and not photogenic AT ALL. I can say that many people on TFS are prettier than her. I'm sure people in the industry would agree with that statement to. THe only difference is that we're not celebs.

wots wrong with gap? you guys are acting like its kmart (k dont flame me thx)

I think the clothes in the Gap ads are kinda cute and those cropped pants w/ the ribbon lining are right up my alley.
Yup, I shop at Gap (oddly enough cheap jeans fit me really well :blush: )
I like the Gap's casual/preppy style :P

But Lordy! SJP doesn't make me want to buy their clothes; she has a great body but her face scares the crap out of me and I find it annoying that someone uglier than me is modeling clothes :blink:

I tried watching SITC but got bored and switched over to the Food Network (mmmm...creme brulee)

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 26 2004, 08:13 AM
those clothes have so obvioulsy been tailored to fit her like a glove...they are so misleading..if you bought anything from the gap it would never ever fit that way...
[snapback]316004[/snapback]​

agreed...

and I'm kinda tired of seeing SJP, and tired of how people are crazy about whatever she wears (some of her outfits are just awful, but it seems that some people almost automatically find them nice just because they are worn by SJP).
okay I know the pictures of her in GAP are right there, but still, I can't seem to really picture her in GAP, or picture her in the ad for any brand :ninja:
I guess to me, she's only okay as Carrie.

I don't like GAP clothing and I don't think these pictures do SJP any justice. I think she's an amazingly charismatic and striking woman, and she just looks manic and awkward in these photos.

I think GAP's stuff is very dull. I have seen cuter stuff at K-mart and Target actually, and for a lower price for similar quality. GAP's clothing is nothing special. I know some people who like them because their stuff is safe and reliable--you won't look like a tool in their clothes, but at the same time, unless you mix their stuff up with more interesting pieces, you will blend into corporate carpeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->