Gap - The Campaign Archive

and I'm kinda tired of seeing SJP, and tired of how people are crazy about whatever she wears (some of her outfits are just awful, but it seems that some people almost automatically find them nice just because they are worn by SJP).

Totally agree, I'm glad you said this! I was watching that Kujo (sp?) guy on the fashion network do an interview w/ SJP and he was freaking out and talking about how humbled he was to look in her purse, how fashionable SJP was, ect. (pretty much two seconds away from having a seizure right on camera!) But some of the outfits they showed were just....blah :blink:
And I kept thinking to myself, " Why do I not see the beauty in these clothes? Am I that inexperienced in fashion?" Some of the stuff she wears is either dull, unattractive or just plain weird :shock:

Gap is definitely NOT her style... don't get it.

the last picture wasnt that bad...well i hate her stupid hat tho...and i agree with yall and the gaps clothing..

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 26 2004, 08:13 AM
those clothes have so obvioulsy been tailored to fit her like a glove...they are so misleading..if you bought anything from the gap it would never ever fit that way...
[snapback]316004[/snapback]​

Exactly.

The first two are very unflattering in my opinion. And they seem to be really trying to play to that "SJP style". Especially that hat :unsure:

She can wear alot of clothes ... but I watched her movies and interviews before SATC and she was not fashionable. In one interview I believe it was back in the day early 90's she had biking shorts on ..like a workout outfit. on a talk show???? :yuk: ...because she has to show off the bod..that is all she has.. but it was not chic..I wish I could find pre SATC photos

sjp is darling.

i think the pics of her in the cropped jeans at the stores are amazing.

her body is stunning. :smile: good for her.

She has never really appealed to me and in these ads she just looks awful! She looks to old to wear gaps clothing line :yuk:

im not any more likely to go into gap after seeing these ads-i mean, for one, it's only the styling that makes her look half decent-the brooches pinned to the clothes etc, and that's not even stuff sold at the store. The jeans look tacky and elasticated to me. I liked the styling at the end of SATC but it's just her herself-i don't think she should be seen as a style icon because it is obvious that it is Patricia Field who came up with all the originality. Some of the stuff she wore on that show was ridiculous. But there was one outfit that i did like-it was a sheer white peasant blouse, light blue jeans and cute little moccassin style brown boots with fur peeking out-don't know the designer. But that's the only one that sticks. And in an interview with Vogue last year she actually said, "my next character will have no interest in clothes and shop at gap"-which is kind of derogatory towards gap, so i doubt we'll see her in any gap designs in her down-time either.

I really like the commercial for it! I saw the pics, and thought :sick: ... but I saw the commercial for the first time the other day and quite like it. :heart: They don't show show her most unflattering feature (her face...) so it's all good :smile:

I liked the commercial as well, and I somewhat liked the ads, but I KNOW the clothes never look like that (well, fit quite like that) in real life, so...and I kind of find it amusing that they tout her jeans as low rise, but in most of the images, they look pretty high to me...

the whole thing is just "ok" for me...

She has such an ugly face. Yes she had a nice body but so does 95% of Hollywood.

I think they should have picked someone more attractive. She has the face of a man with a bad chin bad nose and an all around ugly structure.

I guess she has to do something to keep herself in the lime light. Its not like she has done much post-SATC :innocent:

She's doing these ads for the sale reason Catherine Zeta Jones does her mobile phone ads... its so the public doesn't forget about them. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by CelineChic@Aug 20 2004, 02:43 AM
She has such an ugly face. Yes she had a nice body but so does 95% of Hollywood.

I think they should have picked someone more attractive. She has the face of a man with a bad chin bad nose and an all around ugly structure.
I guess she has to do something to keep herself in the lime light. Its not like she has done much post-SATC :innocent:

She's doing these ads for the sale reason Catherine Zeta Jones does her mobile phone ads... its so the public doesn't forget about them. :rolleyes:
[snapback]339301[/snapback]​

This time, I fully agree with you! :flower:

I hate to think someone was actually paid to style these ads :unsure: even hair & make-up is abysmal. If these are the best shots of the day, I'd really :sick: at the rejections!

Offensive ads for all sorts of reasons, but what's the problem with Gap tailoring the clothes to make them look their best for the ads?

Which company doesn't want their clothes to be shown at their best for their multi-million dollar ad campaign? It would be very stupid (and even more bereated) if the clothes were ill fitting!!

Take any editorial and any model with any piece of clothing and there's not an awful lot that will magically fit in all the right places!

Making SJP look decent is very tricky. It largely requires softening (well, erasing) the contours of her face with exceptionally good lighting. Gap just didn't take that technicality into account... :lol:

this is such a funny thread: seeing as these images are not nearly targeted toward most of us here (seeing as we're not the typical gap shopper and understand the illusions behind television fashion styling)...i think that it's a smart move for both the gap and sjp (and the other celebrities involved). it definitely raises the profile of the gap (which in all fairness has used some pretty major models in their campaigns lately like jaquetta and liya) and also keeps a lot of stars whose careers are kind of at a stopping point (sjp, kravitz, et al) in the public eye.

of course the clothes have all been tailored to perfection on all of them, but really, do you think they don't do that for ALL other fashion campaigns...there's always a clip or a pin we just don't see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->