Gareth Pugh S/S 11 Paris

wongak

Reaction score
70957684.jpg

Showing a video for the latest s/s 11 show.

At the same time, there's a scarf already selling online on the showstudio.com
Gareth Pugh Showstudio shop
charalfonzo twitter

THIS IS SO AMAZING! I love these videos! :buzz:
The clothes are insane... as always!

It's a great video, much more content than last season's pitiful effort. The HR Giger influence is palpable here. Interested to see his SS2011 collection but I think it's already quite clear he's going to do a high-tech Rick Owens collection again.

The video is brilliant. Can't make up my mind though. I want to see pictures of the clothes, stripped of that production, before I can decide. For now I just don't know whether it's good or disappointing and it's killing me!! The flowing pieces at the end are looking really interesting, the metallic dresses too.

Oh dear

It feels like we're going to be discussing the form of presentation rather than the content, the collection, here.

Because, whilst I'm trying hard not to feel guilty at my own conservatism, we can't tell, given the use of monochrome, mirror technology, shadow and jolty editing, either 1) where one look ends and another begins, 2) quite how many looks there are, or, 3) quite what many of the looks actually are.

A video like this is all very well for creating a mood, like an editorial might, but when it comes to reading and understanding a collection we do need a hefty dose of commercial type reality and clarity of vision. There's a reason why look books are typically shot more cleanly than editorials. At the time of presenting a new collection we want to be able to see the damn clothes in a form fairly close to reality. No, I really don't feel guilty about wanting that.

So I'm feeling a little short changed, like I want more. And therein perhaps lies a clever ruse, a bit of sleight of hand marketing. I almost felt like going and buying the scarf just so I could have a more tangible, a more solid, slice of Mr Pugh's offering.

It didn't take me long to decide - no, I shan't be buying the scarf. That's the trouble with marketing - we see through it and we don't like it.

Didn't Viktor and Rolf do something similar the first season Renzo took over? For one season only.

This wasn't big, it wasn't clever and it wasn't edgy. Could we now have our runway show please Gareth. The show that Nick nicked one dark night.

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently there are really good things. looks really cerebral and artistic...even futuristic.

The chiffon and silk (I think?) pieces near the end look really great. Or, well, they move brilliantly. His take on the 70's pant is pretty severe, which I think I like. But, yeah...shows don't exist for nothing. This is a great video to produce after a show or present during a show in the background. I wonder how buyers feel after a presentation like this.

I was there ! humm I liked, still very original ! but I would have preferred a real show with models !^_^

It's very Gareth Pugh, and gets a bit repetitive but I absolutely love it. It's gorgeous, especially the pale grey pieces.

0039zxey
003a0hpa

003a15s8
003a2a1k

003a352a
003a46p2

003a5zbf
003a6qsf

003a76w8
003a8368

003a9q20
003aa0h4