Giambattista Valli S/S 10 Paris

Yuck.

I'm sorry, but I think this man's designs are very tacky. He just doesn't know when to stop...it's always more ruffles, more volume, more feathers, more loud print...it all looks so unrefined. And the worst part is that his collections always reek of wannabe couture.

I totally agree lol :lol:

Too bad he finished with the ostrich, cause otherwise this collection is a big step forward from last season's peacock travesty...

A huge NO to this collection... It looks heavy and tacky :sick:
I think I only liked one single collection by him... Maybe FW 07.

WOW I love this. It's very very Saint-Laurent but he kept that inspiration subtle. And the colour palette is gorgeous. Also, what exactly is tacky about this collection? I find it to be more dramatic than necessarily tacky.

Ohhhh, it looked so exciting before but now after seeing the full collection Im annoyed. Some pieces are nice like the white dress with the black ruffles, but most of this stuff would just suck to wear in summer.

Excellent collection!! A built-up and refined version of last year (I believe). I adore the coats/long jackets!!

I've gotta say...this is beautiful :smile: I can't wait to see it in person, Valli's pieces are so stunningly structured and yet light as a feather. The construction is just amazing.

Does this man ever design for someone who doesn't live in a pink dream house? :huh:

simple valli perfection. many know i'm not his biggest fan, but this collection stood out as pure, distilled valli from top to toe.

Must he always use all the sequins, feathers, and ruffles in Paris!!!!

simple valli perfection. many know i'm not his biggest fan, but this collection stood out as pure, distilled valli from top to toe.

Definately true. I just watched the show and it was actually a great collection.. unusual but totally wearable - it reminded me of his S/S 07 collection that got a standing ovation - it was all wearable but beautiful and different clothing designs - exactly what shows are put on for.
I am so glad Valli did something different this season - his silhouettes were getting dull but he just refined everything and made it flow and it worked - it is a great collection without huge hideous dusty violet gowns at the end - great pret-a-porter.
I was shocked as well to see two things - he brought back the Victoria shoe and there was a walkout at the end - Valli never has model walkouts - maybe the shows and the walkout were linked..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->