Givenchy S/S 2012 : Gisele, Mariacarla, Chris & Simone by Mert and Marcus

I doubt Gisele 'could become' a girl of any label (Prada girl, Gucci girl, Chanel girl, Givenchy girl), she left that need/stage where models get their career 'sculpted' by a brand or label about 12 years ago :lol:.

There may be an excess of attention on casting, when you stop caring about names (or just care less), you realise there really are very few cases where a model just doesn't have any chemistry with the label or the way an ad was composed and you can see it from the pages, but it's very rare. A bad campaign is often just the result of bad production, I think it's a bit unfair, if not shortsighted, to think models are to blame or hold that much of responsibility just because they are the faces of it (but not necessarily the brains). So in this campaign, I don't see anyone 'out of place', Riccardo certainly identifies his personal aesthetic (way before he started working for Givenchy) through Mariacarla and male models like Simone but how he explores the legacy of Givenchy seems to be in constant movement, always projected through models that don't really have much in common with one another, not even similar course of careers, let alone beauty. The way he adds models seems perfectly methodical and sensible about Givenchy's present and the unique presence a model is able to provide, I don't think he casts for the sake of casting or to make his models become Givenchy.

C'mon!
Gisele did an spectacular Balenciaga campaign, and now she's doing a great job in Givenchy, part of being a top model it's that she can represent every brand.
Bravo Gisele!

it should be said that, given Tisci's aesthetics and his main muse being MCB, the male models he usually casts are the polar opposite. his menswear runways are usually filled with hunky guys, more Chris than Simone.

and Ciara was also cited to be his muse, so really, how can you pinpoint him?

^i agree. also, adriana lima. i believe tisci -- and his uppers -- want to position the brand to appeal not only to fashion insiders but to the fashion mainstream. he will never abandon his core aesthetic, but he's doing double duty with his ads. and he's doing it quite successfully when one looks at how his stuff now sells.

alright, so this is the first shot with Gisele where you could argue with me about the picture being good or bad. cause personally i find them all a little too pose-y in this one.

the beach, the clothes, the models, the truck, the colours, they just dont go well together.

Nothing helps on this campaign. I don't see the Givenchy vibe on those shots.

i adore the colours and the pose

its a cool and poetic was of selling clothes ,i also think it looks very MODERN

Love this one .MERT AND MARCUS delivers yet again

i haven't read all pages, but is Panos still the stylist at Givenchy ???
this sounds and smells and looks very Riccardo+Panos. and that little model looks very much like Panos Y.
Surprised there ain't Steven Klein. but i appreciate the "down", "calm" though "gloomy" atmosphere m&m manage to get.

EXCELLENT, at least VERY professional art direction!

the menswear collection is not my cup of tea. to be sincere. barely pay attention to it, that's very 2010s JPG and always "monochrome". but the styling seems to work pretty well, in my eyes, here. the fact i see mcb wearing white mens clothes and boys wearing skirts and caps, make it right for me!!! very good shot that one!

i like the models' attitude, art direction, on location group shot, everything. not saying its perfection, but that's a great one, and a great givenchy campain!!!

totally - very Steven Klein! like the first M&M campaign. And you're right it does look like Panos, but he's not mentioned in this campaign, he's styled the past 8 and there's always a credit.

far from steven klein, models are not greasy enough and they look much more chicker

lol

love this a lot!

Campaign is out on Givenchy.com but there's not any shot that wasn't already posted in this thread, not even eyewear :doh:

Better quality of one shot

DKiK2.jpg

givenchy.com

This will end up being my favourite campaign of the season - unless something better comes along :lol: I love the atmosphere/setting and colours so much -- the moody blues and greens. I didn't even really care for the collection. I'm really impressed.

Gisele is far from my favourite model but she's so perfect here :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olddonut616
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->