Givenchy S/S 2024 Paris

Williams' F/W 23 collection wasn't as awkward and bland as this one, but at least the streetwear is completely gone. There is some progress going on, I guess it's the influence of Carine's styling. However, if he's gonna stay at the brand, he really needs to learn, and learn quickly because the clothes are still not that great.

quite a guest list for a brand that has been forgotten about recently. The clothes are once again not as bad as they once were with the streetwear but still don't really say much for a brand like Givenchy.

You get the sense with this show that MW is trying to hold on to his job for dear life. Definitely a step up from the past couple seasons.

Forgive the tacky question, but does anyone have an idea of what he makes? Or any head designer of an LVMH brand that performs mid-tier in terms of revenue? Just purely out of curiosity.

You get the sense with this show that MW is trying to hold on to his job for dear life. Definitely a step up from the past couple seasons.

Forgive the tacky question, but does anyone have an idea of what he makes? Or any head designer of an LVMH brand that performs mid-tier in terms of revenue? Just purely out of curiosity.
I don’t know anything but I am of the impression of it’s not how big the brand is but what you do to lift the brand up. Like I won’t be shocked if Hedi Slimane is paid more than MGC or Nicolas by virtue of Celine leaping to be the third LVMH brand and because he’s Hedi. Same with JWA, he’s punching above his weight.

I like it. Looked chic and some Givenchy codes were there. It's a step up and I see some progress.
Apart from one black dress towards the end that didn't fit the girl and the coat on Anne V which was not flattering at all, it was cohesive and luxurious yet modern.
The blacks session in the end was fine but should've been edited down more.

Good to see Stam doing another A-list show. I was getting worried!!

His softest collection to date and it's palatable as a Givenchy collection. One of his best decisions (so far) is to omit the reliance on adding heavy hardware to his accessories and bags. This Voyou bag has potential, all it needs is better outfit pairing.

Probably his best collection. But something about the entire thing is timid and unconvincing.

The chiffon draped dresses are pretty as well as the satin gown with the lace and chiffon.

The separates and daywear are a non factor and not strong at all. I see Valentino in the colorblocking and not done as well.

This already feels old and will get lost among all the other brands of this size.

I hope they are working on a replacement and have a solid plan for the future

A collection styled (and designed?) by Carine Roitfeld and Niki Galopine…

It’s definitely focused and the formality can work but it looks very « homework was done ».
It’s quite boring and I see too much of the Carine’s styling tricks for me to totally appreciate it. And the cut wasn’t the most exciting.

I think he is ready to go and we definitely are ready for him to leave.

Did he get some "help" ? A consultant designer perhaps ?
Because it's the first time he fully understands what it means to be at Givenchy.
Carine and Niki consults for him…

It’s Givenchy, but I feel like there’s still nothing to say or no place for it. I don’t know if it’s him or the brand or both.

Anyways, do we think this is his last show?

Wake me up when he's gone. The collection isn't bad. But as Givenchy, it literally says nor offers anything.

Also I mean, the Givenchy atelier can do better than this. You see, MCG works are basic but god forbid, she speaks something and it delivers. This is not new and it's not going to drive sales or buzz.

I noticed the menswear this fall season fits amazing. New mens bags make a lot of sense too. :peekingeye:

Anyway this is kinda good too. Very much department store pieces that will sell.

Love the sheer pieces. They look beautifully crafted. But it all looks a bit too restrained. Some great ideas, like the draping, but he stops too short of delivering something phenomenal.

Someone must have told Matthew there was a strong connection between Hubert de Givenchy and Cristóbal Balenciaga...but it seems he just was able to connect Givenchy with Balenciaga by Demna Gvasalia here.

The consultants and design team really picked up the slack with this one.

Some okay pieces, and it is styled to the best of its capability, but it really looks like a NYFW collection. Something Jason Wu or the like would churn out years ago.

he's such a fraud.
there's no honesty in this. nothing is new or original.
it's just a damp revamp of Carine's Best of.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Compared to his first collections for the house there is not one single idea or signature left.
Which is not only odd, it's embarassing to still call yourself creative director after you've lost any direction. Just counting the days to get your paycheck and let others do your job.
I truly despise charlatans like this.

A collection styled (and designed?) by Carine Roitfeld and Niki Galopine…

It’s definitely focused and the formality can work but it looks very « homework was done ».
It’s quite boring and I see too much of the Carine’s styling tricks for me to totally appreciate it. And the cut wasn’t the most exciting.

I think he is ready to go and we definitely are ready for him to leave.

Carine and Niki consults for him…

It's also very much the style of Valérie Leberichel (Global VP communications at Givenchy). I wonder if she is somehow involved in the design process or at least as an influence on MW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->