Givenchy "Very Irresistable" Fragrance : Liv Tyler

ebook30, liv-love.livejournal.com/

ELLE Russia April 2011

Liv Tyler for Tatler Russia April 2011 ebook30

I just can't like this ad. To me Liv Tyler is not strong and powerful enough to represent Givenchy. :/
This is NOTHING compared to the Dahlia Noir ad with Mariacarla Boscono.

I just can't like this ad. To me Liv Tyler is not strong and powerful enough to represent Givenchy.

Really? I've always thought Liv and Givenchy are a perfect fit because Liv has such a powerful look and strong presence in her pictures. The ads aren't the strongest of their kind, but the sh!tty print ad layout and boring styling can hardly be attributed to her. At any rate, she has always both worn Givenchy with grace and represented VIG with class - that is to say, in my opinion. ^_^

That said, they could and should do so much more with her than they have so far.

ELLE Canada January 2009 Liv Tyler for Givenchy
assainova.livejournal.com/1365378.html

I love how smoothly Liv seems to have transisted from the Julien MacDonald era into the Ricardo Tisci era with these ads.

Last edited by a moderator:
8 years have gone since the first ad and fragrance still has the same face, but looks like this works perfectly. It must be one of the longest fragrance contracts, along with J'adore + Charlize Theron, no?

esquire mexico august 2011

worldmags via visualoptimism

Liv Tyler to Sing for Givenchy

TOP NOTES: Liv Tyler is poised to make her singing debut for Givenchy. As the face of the Very Irrésistible Givenchy fragrance since its launch in 2003, the actress has appeared in many an advertisement for the LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton-owned brand. This time, Givenchy stated it has worked with Sony Music Entertainment on “an electrifying meeting between the world of rock and the universe of perfume.” Tyler’s reinterpretation of a yet-to-be-divulged hit is to be produced by David Andrew Sitek. She seems to be following in the footsteps of her dad — Aerosmith front man Steven Tyler. Perhaps he’s the one who taught her to “Walk This Way.”

wwd.com

Liv Tyler has added a new skill to her repertoire, making her singing debut with a cover track by a famous rock band.

But instead of opting for the obvious choice - her father is the Aerosmith frontman - the actress eschewed Steve Tyler's back catalogue in favour of INXS.

Liv sang classic anthem Need you Tonight for the new Givenchy perfume campaign.

The sexy campaign features the 34-year-old wearing a sweater and stockings proving she's a chip off the old block as she looked strikingly similar to her father.

The black and white footage, filmed by Swedish director Johan Renck, also includes choreography by famous dancer Bianca Li.

Despite being an ad for Very Irrésistible, the track could be a video in its own right.

Could this be the start of Liv's new career?

The actress already featured in a 2009 duet with the Lemonheads for a cover of Leonard Cohen's Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye.

She also auditioned for a role in Moulin Rouge! but lost out to Nicole Kidman.

She said in a interview: 'When I was a little girl, I always wanted to be a singer, but never pursued it.

'My mom was a singer in a band, as was my dad and my stepdad Todd - I loved watching them perform. I can sing, but I don't know how good I am.'

Liv has been the face of the label since 2003

The fashion house said of the collaboration with Sony: 'It's an electrifying meeting between the world of rock and the universe of perfume.'
*Dailymail.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"