Good vintage ebay sellers

mu55inthemule

Reaction score
Hello

I am trying to find some wonderful vintage finds from ebay - but struggling!
Can anybody recommend some good sellers especially any based in the UK?

Thanks Guys :P

"primgirl00" has an ebay store called "prim_vintage_fashion".

I bought a cute vintage green clutch from her before :heart:

do any of you any good ebay sellers that sell vintage t-shirts and blazer jackets?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you're looking for high end vintage or designer consignment, you should look at Ricky's Exceptional Treasures. He's a really nice man (he sell's to my store sometimes) and gave me a great deal on an old Alaia. He's got one of the largest collections of Alaia btw (he was in this past Vogue, I believe). Anyway, he gets some great stuff. :flower:

*Happiness* said:
I like Mama Stone Vintage.

Agreed. She always has nice stuff. Nice seller too!
However, her auctions can end at pretty high prices! :doh:

Hey hey! Check out Hipsterville...lots of mod, disco, new wave, 80's. Some reconstructed stuff too. Totally fun, colorful vintage shop with a rock n roll beat!

Head's up! Scamming eBay vintage sellers on the loose!

I know a lot of people here shop vintage on eBay and I just wanted to give everyone a warning about the influx of new merchandise being sold as vintage by some of the top tier sellers.

It was recently discovered that Nastygal vintage has been buying multiples of a BRAND NEW purple fringe flapper dress from a costume shop and selling as vintage 80's cocktail dress. She paid $39 for it and is selling for $200-$400 a pop on the basis that it is vintage and one of a kind. If you want to see the proof, check out these auctions:

The first one was "sold" to a friend of hers (actually, Spanishmoss was shilling the auction for her) and Nastygal in turn sent Second Chance Offers to three other unknowing buyers claiming the dress was one of a kind and original.

She bought the dresses here:

Her undercover Buyer IDs are hungry.freaks and sock.it.to.meee

This is just one of many scams out there. If you have a warning story, please post because this behavior is despicable and people need to know they aren't always getting what they think they are.

Wow.

I knew that this must happen in some Ebay vintage stores, but I didn't think it'd be on one of my favorites. :( I do see a lot of "vintage" things that are sold for hundreds more expensive than if the buyer would have just searched that same item. For example, I saw a Ralph Lauren blazer go for possibly $300, when there are buy-it-now ones for about $100. Ebay always has its risks.

She also buys vintage items off other, unknown, sellers and resells them. To be honest there's nothing REALLY wrong with doing it, just though people should know that you can get good stuff if you just look and don't rely on one or two over priced shops.
I bought a blue dress from a different seller for $12, and her auction of a same dress reached about $90 or something.

Thanks for the heads up. :flower: I sometimes buy vintage on ebay and so far so good, but you never know.

Most of the ebay stores are extremely over priced. I always buy vintage stuff from etsy, I hate bidding anyway, its to stressful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->