Green And Red Combination

Plumour

Reaction score
green & red combinations would look either stunning or hedious IMO :P

I've tried some in the past (for example, coral red Marni jacket with dusty green skirt, looked great :blush: ).
and now I'm thinking of this: green silk satin Lanvin dress + YSL red velvet sandals with cherries.

I can't really decide and want to see what you guys think :flower:

(also, fishnets or not? :unsure: )

i automatically think of christmas :ninja:

but since the red isn't a huge part of your outfit and is an "accent piece", i think it's fine.

it really depends on the tones of the colors... and the actual outfits.

i think any color combination can work. never rule things out! :flower:

perfect...for christmas dinner... :unsure:

i think the tones are too vibrant, emerald green & cherry red

plus the berries dont help on the shoes because it kind looks like holly(maybe ill send u over my black velvet ones :wink: )

Originally posted by MissPurple@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:03 am
another picture of the shoes
i have like 3 pairs of those shoes .... :ninja:

i love them :woot:

Originally posted by nuiko+Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:20 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nuiko @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:20 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:03 am

i love them :woot: [/b][/quote]
black velvet, red velvet, red or black velvet wedges?

i only have the black ones with cherries, chanel_girl has red ones with cherries as well

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

it's definitely a pretty combo...but it is extremely...festive... :santa: :wink:

Originally posted by nuiko+Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:20 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nuiko @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:20 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:03 am

i love them :woot: [/b][/quote]
:lol: they are just lovely, one of my favorite :heart: (loved YSL FW 03 :blush: )

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:25 pm
it's definitely a pretty combo...but it is extremely...festive... :santa: :wink:
I wouldn't want to wear it for Christmas though :shock: :lol:

maybe some other festivals or events :unsure:

I've been trying to find ways to pull it off. I have a red skirt and a pair of lime green shoes. It looks great but I don't know what color shirt to wear with it. I cant add another color because it would be too much.

i love red and green together. they're complimentary colors NOT christmas colors.

the way complimentary colors work are when you have a color if you want to grab more attention to it you put it's primary next to it. but since the hues of the red and green are so strong i would say no.

mmmmm but i loveeee that lanvin dress. i saw it with an awesome thorn brooch at the vertex [vogue julia s]

i probably wouldn't use fishnets either. the dress is so light and fresh that fishnets might...make it a little heavy, maybe if it had clean sharp lines, but the edges of the dress are raw.

i wore a deep bright red sweater with olive green shorts the other day. it so happened that some of the accent stiching on the shorts was in the same red. but it's all about balance i would say

idea :magic:

take the cherry clips off then they wont be as christmas-y, i think i like this look (i just remember that they are clips that can be taken off :doh: )

Originally posted by loserunit@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:38 am

i probably wouldn't use fishnets either. the dress is so light and fresh that fishnets might...make it a little heavy, maybe if it had clean sharp lines, but the edges of the dress are raw.
i'd wear it with fencenets like at ysl....and some black patent pumps.....but that's just me :ninja:

100102447.jpg

Originally posted by nuiko+Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:42 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nuiko @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:42 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-loserunit@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:38 am

i'd wear it with fencenets like at ysl....and some black patent pumps.....but that's just me :ninja:

100102447.jpg
[/b][/quote]
i agree, or maybe stockings that have a lace detail to them (but not all lace :yuk: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->