Greta Gerwig

Another good new!

Greta Gerwig To Make Her Solo Directorial Debut With 'Lady Bird'

This seems like the logical if not inevitable next step for rising star and filmmaker Greta Gerwig. Her distinct voice has shone through in her collaborations with Noah Baumbach on "Frances Ha" and the upcoming "Mistress America," she co-directed "Nights and Weekends" with Joe Swanberg, and now she's striking out on her own behind the camera.

Deadline reports that Gerwig will make her directorial debut with "Lady Bird," from a script she also wrote, but she will not star in the movie. The plot will detail a young woman's last year spent in Sacramento, and it's a setting not unfamiliar to Gerwig. You might recall that Frances goes to the city during "Frances Ha," but there was actually much more to the section that was cut from the original script, and we wonder if that didn't serve as the foundation for this new film.

"I had written a long section that had taken place in Sacramento. It was about 30 pages, it was a long section, and a lot of things happened and there were new characters. At some point, Noah said, 'I think we have to cut that section. I don’t think it fits.' I was really upset about it, but then he was right. It just didn’t fit in the story, I think," Gerwig told us in 2013.

Of course, we'll have to see if that material launched this new tale or not, but it seems that Gerwig continues to be inspired by the city she grew up in. Production on "Lady Bird" will begin next spring with Scott Rudin among the producers.
indiewire

:clap::clap: hurrah hurrah!!

i love greta in front of the camera, but we need more female directors behind the camera too, so if she can do both, more power to her.

jexxica, i think we're the sole readers of this thread, a little mini greta fan club. ha ha. :flower:

Haha, you're right! ^_^

I love the idea of her as a filmmaker because she has already worked as a screenplay writer and I have loved those movies: Nights and weekends with Joe Swanberg, Frances Ha with Baumbach, for example, and can't wait for Mistress America!

hugs, i feel totally excited like you. meet you back here in a week or two after i see mistresss america. we can compare notes. :Pink:

Greta Gerwig attends the "Mistress America" Los Angeles premiere during the Sundance NEXT FEST at The Theatre at Ace Hotel on August 7, 2015 in Los Angeles, California.

zimbio

:heart: gorgeous outfit and hair!! looks like her hair is cut shorter again?

Last edited by a moderator:
AOL Build Presents: "Mistress America"
11 Aug 2015 - AOL Studios In New York - New York, New York United States

oo5a0VT.jpg

P4apO9W.jpg

Apple Store Soho Presents: Meet the Filmmaker: Noah Baumbach and Greta Gerwig, "Mistress America"
10 Aug 2015 - Apple Store Soho - New York, New York United States

4CNATl8.jpg

London Celebrity Sightings - August 3, 2015
03 Aug 2015 - London United Kingdom

vvg4T8d.jpg

Barneys New York And United Talent Agency Host Intimate Cocktail Benefitting Women In Film
21 Jul 2015 - Fred's at Barneys - Beverly Hills, California United States

ozip1N4.jpg

wireimage.com​

i like all the outfits above, but i don't like her hair in the skinny jeans outfit; looks too "mom-ish" and ages her. but the short hair is nice in all the other photos.

i do prefer her with long hair though.

Thanks for the updates!!

One more:

11348301_1452746298385812_212649531_n.jpg

zac posen's instagram

Greta Gerwig on the cover of W Magazine's October 2015 issue.
Greta_Gerwig_1542x2005.jpg

p9GmuIR.jpg

New Royalty: Independent Film
“When I was young, I was interested in ballet, so royalty to me was Gelsey Kirkland and Mikhail Baryshnikov in The Nutcracker. I taped it off the television and watched it over and over. Baryshnikov would lift her and throw her in the air, and it looked like she was going to float away. Gelsey had that big ’70s eye makeup, and it turned out that she was really sick and had a cocaine addiction. But I didn’t know that then. I just thought she was beautiful.”

Luisa Beccaria dress; necklace from Stephen Russell, New York. Hair by James Pecis for Oribe; makeup by Jeanine Lobell for Dior at Tim Howard Management.
Beauty note: For next-level lips, 
try Giorgio Armani Beauty Ecstasy Lacquer in Four Hundred.
Photography by Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin
Styled by Edward Enninful
wmagazine.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Actress Greta Gerwig attends the "Maggie's Plan" premiere during the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival at the Princess of Wales Theatre on September 12, 2015 in Toronto, Canada.

zimbio

indeed, not sure what she was thinking.
short is one thing
but this colour is too harsh for her methinks

Greta Gerwig attends the 53rd New York Film Festival - "Maggie's Plan" - Arrivals at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center on October 4, 2015 in New York City.

zimbio

^she definitely looks better in that video. she's very beautiful in motion... something about her in movement changes the way everything looks. i find her so magnetic. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdaddy123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->