Gucci F/W 2018.19 by Glen Luchford

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

HARPERSBAZAAR. CO.UK

I'm bored with Gucci...
From the collections to the campaigns. I don't even go to the stores...

I say, what do we have here!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Glen Luchford is truly a master, and I love that he's keeping his best ideas for Gucci. No need to seduce Emmanuelle Alt with these concepts. She won't know what to do with them.

I think there's some faint conflict going on here. Styling seems to be wrestling with the setting, and those poor models are not clever enough to amp up their presence. But in terms of narrative it is still lightyears ahead of a Chanel b&w campaign pulled together in haste, MCG trying her shaky hand at storytelling, or Willy Vanderperre and his incessantly cold and sterile offering.

These Gucci campaigns are everything. And thats coming from someone who despises the clothes.

DiaryHeroArticle_FW-Campaign_001_Default.jpg

gucci

Looks like a screen cap from the campaign video, no?

Gucci has always artistic and unique campaigns, their art directions is never boring to me.

Wow, the accessories are really strong! Looking forward to all the double page campaigns. My only issue is that as usual we'll probably see only a quarter of these shots in print.

These Gucci campaigns are everything. And thats coming from someone who despises the clothes.

This perfectly sums up how I feel. I sometimes think it's a shame that these fabulous campaigns are wasted on clothes I just can't get behind.

Wow, the accessories are really strong! Looking forward to all the double page campaigns. My only issue is that as usual we'll probably see only a quarter of these shots in print.

The eyewear particulary. Gucci should have longer eyewear campaigns. It's somehow always the highlight for me!

^IKR! They always look like some killer beauty shot from a Wes Anderson film

Gucci campaigns really creep me out....

but I always like it...

Like so many I hate the new Gucci, but i'm absolutely in love with this campaign.

So rich, so much to see, so much character.

The shot with the chairs reminds me of Meisel's July 2007 editorial though.

Ah, fantasy. Gucci ads evoke such free spirit, inviting atmosphere. Like this is their world, and it's open to you. Love this. Always have loved their ads.

I love this! Reminds me of those good 2000's editorials by Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia

Frida had terrible runway collections but her campaigns were good.

Anyone know or is able to identify the full cast for this campaign?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FacetiousMaximus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->