Gucci S/S 2024 Milan

So 3 days later, investors don't like it either and the stock crashed yesterday. One wonder why ...
I personally doubt this was because of the Gucci show :wink: But who knows....

If you are a trader yourself or read the latest business news it's no secret that the actual plunge is most probably a direct reaction to the big property crisis in China and the fall of Evergrande founder Hui Ka Yan. The future of the world’s most indebted developer after setbacks to its restructuring plan is very bleak. In recent days the bad news roiled financial markets as even the risk of a liquidation was raised.

Evergrande is a significant employer in China and its downfall sends out worldwide shock waves. The cascading effects might entail job losses, property market downturns and an economic slowdown in China, which would affect global economies - and the luxury and travel industry in particular.

I'm sorry but his Instagram post is not a good look. It hasn't even been a week since the show and he's already all "You all will see". I know every designer is sensitive and he's in a "I never would have thought they would give me the job" mindset and he's getting adjusted to this new scrutiny of his vision, but it's just a bad look to be sharing this.

Don't ever let the general public know the critics are touching a nerve in you. The critics will feel emboldened and to the people who don't follow critics, they will think you are not as secure in your vision and maybe this new Gucci is not a good thing and might impact their desire to buy.

I'm sorry but his Instagram post is not a good look. It hasn't even been a week since the show and he's already all "You all will see". I know every designer is sensitive and he's in a "I never would have thought they would give me the job" mindset and he's getting adjusted to this new scrutiny of his vision, but it's just a bad look to be sharing this.

Don't ever let the general public know the critics are touching a nerve in you. The critics will feel emboldened and to the people who don't follow critics, they will think you are not as secure in your vision and maybe this new Gucci is not a good thing and might impact their desire to buy.
Are you talking about this post?

^ Yes. I think desirability is why a lot of people buy designer stuff, and if you bring more attention to the general public that some critics are finding his debut collection lukewarm, the general public who otherwise wouldn't care as much will think: oh, so there's no consensus about this new gucci; and it might be a harder sell for them.

Last edited:
His Instagram post is kind of hilarious indeed, especially the comparison with Lucio Fontana? Bizarre. And trying to build a new aesthetic? I wonder when we get a glimpse of that because it was certainly not in this show.
It just shows that some designers would be better off NOT posting on social media.

If anything, he should be pleased with the lukewarm reception and the fact that so many reviews were in fact extremely mild. If it's wasn't for the Gucci and Kering advertising power, I wonder how he would have dealt with more honest reviews of people not afraid to step on the toes of a luxury conglomerate.

It's not a nice feeling to get criticism of course but that's what happens when you take the spotlight, especially at a house like Gucci. He could have stayed a number two for all his life if he wanted. So in that sense, I don't really feel sorry for him.

I agree with Lola that the main mistake for Gucci is not consider the brand on a longer term and where it's headed. It's nice to have had the immediate results of the great commercial success of Alessandro Michele but in the end it put the brand in a very, very difficult position from an image point of view.

I’m not buying into this whole “quiet luxury” or “palette cleanser” idea. To me, it comes off as a poor excuse for throwing shelf ready basics onto the runway. You would think that Sabato would have taken the opportunity to introduce himself to the world by showcasing a collection that put his aesthetic front and center. Michele showed his personality with his very first collection. The funny thing is it was put together in only one week, yet that’s all it took to revolutionize the brand. He did more in that week than Sabato has done in half a year. What have we gotten so far? A knockoff Celine campaign and a trunk show? From what we’ve seen so far it seems like he’s spending more time behind a keyboard instead of the workroom. The work should speak for itself without further explanation.

The Insta post is kind of hilarious. Very much a "Oh mumma, I still got it just you wait and see coz Imma let y'all have it when my time really comes" moment. The kind of thing you'd expect from someone from Law Roach. Wonder if he'll reach Hedi levels of petty...

He needs to stay away from the PR roller coaster, and just harden up and knuckle down. What else are you to expect when you're involved in a brand like Gucci considering the designer history they've also had?

well couple weeks later im still stuck rewatching the show. As i wrote in the best/worst section the music and vibe totally sold the collection for me. Its just so easy and fresh but not as basic as NYFW. Its not perfect but it has a certain je ne sais quoi.

well couple weeks later im still stuck rewatching the show. As i wrote in the best/worst section the music and vibe totally sold the collection for me. Its just so easy and fresh but not as basic as NYFW. Its not perfect but it has a certain je ne sais quoi.

totally agree with your point, the collection by itself it's far from perfect, but at all it.s not a bad start to see the new sober chic Gucci aesthetics and some solid pieces and color pallet... kinda like it, the music during the whole collection makes the collection a vibe and soooo enjoyable, even tho the casting was totally irrelevant still some looks nailed on the show.
what vibe with the 3 next looks from minute 4:05...good show.

You know whats the worst - this is so bad, and the people who bought Michele Gucci look even more ridiculous now when they wear his stuff, as there’s a “new gucci” out. But noone will buy Sabato’s Gucci.
So everybody lost.

Looking at this collection once ancora, this could been quite good.

The best passages were those with the "Carine midi-skirt" and court shoes. The red motorcycle on bare legs had quite a bit of charm and the fringed garments and micro bras added a fun touch of opulence.

The collection's biggest weaknesses are its merchandising and styling.

Out of the show's 55 exits, 34 of have this boxy micro-mini silhouette, which isn't very approachable to most women over 30. The lack of longer shorts and trousers didn't help either.

Alastair McKimm isn't the best stylist for runway shows. His approach is way too heavy-handed and monotone to create the lightness and agility a show needs. Here, it was evident with the platform loafers and repetitive bag selection. Suzanne Koller or Paul Sinclaire would've been a much better choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insearchofpastissues
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->