Gucci S/S 2025 Milan

as always you can’t say it’s horrible, it’ just a pile of beautiful dresses with no soul, that can come from a lot of different brands if it wasn’t for the logo. Vittoria Mona Awar and Anok’s look were very beautiful and they made the difference. Loved the idea of sequence-shot for three models, very cinematic, but they were too long while the other looks were shown for just 2/3 secs. As an italian the choice of the final song was ridiculous ‘cause is a very cheap choice, from a C-list singer who is known for being casted in every reality show in italian tv.

I like it way more than his previous collections but it’s still not ‘Gucci’ in my eyes but annoyingly (for tfs users) I think he is actually getting better. Also why did he walk the full catwalk? lmao

As the first 2 looks walked I could only stare at the awful fits of the pants and the obscene amount of fabric at the crotch. The collection did not get any better from there.

I don’t get what they don’t get, I really don’t. Their business is BILLIONS and ZERO course correction. How are they this comfortable wallowing in mediocrity and dullness?

So basic and generic! No POV at all. It’s many things mixed together to hide the lack of vision… I saw some resort 2008 Dior as well as someone was saying.

They need somebody with a real vision. This could be a Zara fashion show.

some looks were a hit, others a miss. i liked the dresses and those fringed coats, couldn't care less for the more casual looks. The bags and accessories were the standouts for me. I have never come across a chunky choker necklace i haven't liked.

Okay, here we go.
The set is great. Actually love the use of ancora red here.
The casting is very good. They carry the clothes with attitude well.
The music was nice. Quite a vibe. Like the vibe is vibing. :buzz:
However, the clothes are Pier Paolo Piccoli for Gucci. Literally I thought oh this is ok, this is cute, that is nice but then I realized I have seen this before. The caddy cress, the mini suit, the sequin tank dress even that jeans with floor sweeping neon coat is straight out of Valentino Roma-NYC collection. Like seriously Sabato, if they want PPP, they would have hire the man himself. So yeah, I do wonder how this will translate into the actual market given this is probably his most accomplished collection so far.

pls tell me im not the only one seeing a d*ck in their youtube cover photo???

i always enjoy his tailoring but his collections as a whole has no fun or whim at all. and unfortunatly it takes some skills to make the best leather look like cardboard skirts. unless thats what he was intending.

he needs to develop his own point of view, it almost looks like he never experienced anything in his life other than being in the atelier making clothes. I swear if somone somehow gets stuck in PPP's atelier for 10 years and didnt see the outside world, this is the type of collection they will make.

The cringiest part is the dumbas$ audience recording on their phones so they can livestream it on their thirsty Instagram feeds for more dumbas$ audiences who will buy this mediocre dross so that they can feel part of the 'cool rich club'.

I can't believe we have to call this 'high' fashion. Boring, unimaginative and faceless.

I like the golden accents though.

So Dakota Johnson is still a Gucci girl, not jumping ship to the new Valentino
she wants to be sexy now and happy to not wear grandma vibes clothes, i think new valentino is happy to not have her because she just a all american girl ....so the feeling is mutual

This was a trunk show.
He showed everything under the sun so ultimately, everybody is going to find something they like…
MaxMara was stronger even if it was plain basics. Either he hire Tonne Goodman or I don’t know.
I find it decent verging on boring. A non event.

Sabato haters are going to have a hard time criticising this one. It's an evolution and let's be honest, it looks great.
Nobody hates him but he is an insufferable egomaniac , the clothes are very mediocre to banal and have no buzz about them , most of the Milan shows are actually better than this in fact. The only real haters will be the Gucci execs when they see how much more further Gucci will sink under him.

It is a bridge collection... maybe....
Maybe it flows to some point...

I liked the Fiordaliso Song at the end....
I also liked the Mina Ancora Song....

But his fashion... I do not know... not strongly moved yet.... maybe better...a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->