Gucci S/S 09 Milan

23m94ar.jpg
2s0dyxd.jpg

w7kmpv.jpg
52nw93.jpg

style.it

I tried and really wanted to like Gucci this season, but this is just awful. It isn't so much that the clothes look horrible, it's just that they aren't Gucci. Even without following Tom Ford's aesthetic, the clothes she presents season after season are boring and mediocre at best imo. Those gowns were terrible...the one on Angela:ninja: It is such a shame that sales are up and critics are too afraid to say the truth, that she is tarnishing the brand. I agree that I'd love to see Hedi Slimane at Gucci, I could see that working...

this is worse than her before work.
but there are many gorgeous pieces,such as the pythonskin jackets,the well tailored suits,the jewelry, they are not ground breaking even very inspired, but still sophisticated made, wearable and fabulous.And what we can expect is it will be a commercial success,again.
The dresses is just :sick: though.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Rachel Zoe was a front row guest. Frida is absolutely clueless that she no longer styles most of the young fame who*res she used to make money off of by making them look just like her.

and?? does that has anything to do that she's on f.r?? she's still an stylist wheter I like her or not.. how can you say she's clueless about that fact? dear she's a high fashion designer...

anyways.. I love alot of things in this collection, the shoes are just great and the hats are wonderful:heart: the gowns are indeed aweful

Those evening gowns are really ugly IMO.:ninja:

Gucci was a disaster this season... COMPLETE let-down. the shapes were unlfattering, the colors were oddly mixed, the prints were a bit tacky and all in all, there is no luxury in this collection.

EDIT: upon further inspection, i've found some shoes that seem rescue-able:innocent:

I think some stuff is cute(not all), very wearable. I love the colors Frida went with. Love the Royal Blues and Turquoises. The shoes and bags are great! The croc leather bags are so gorgeous!

some of you guys are just being too critical :flower:

i absolutely have no idea what to say. i don't even know if i like it. i like the colors but the prints are bothering me. i like some of the color combinations like the suit on Iekeliene but Toni's gown at the end makes me go hmmmmm......... doesn't that look too cheap?

a lot of these clothes can be put together from different stores like Zara and Topshop which makes this collection not all that great. in fact when i saw the menswear, i thought everything can be taken from Topman!!

i really cannot decide whether i like it or not. this is one of those collections where i'm going to pretend i've never seen it.

No offense?

Im the opposite to most of you guys. to me it doesn't matter who designed it. The fact that its 'GUCCI' i just love everything about it.

This is perhaps the stupidest comment I've seen on this site, I hope it was some form of sarcasm? It's illogical to just love something for the simple fact that it happens to say "Gucci"- or any other designer, for that matter, on the tag. It does matter who designed it, because different designers bring different things to labels. You may have some designers that you love most of the time, or even all of the time, but you loving it should always be because the piece matches your personal view on what's stylish, not JUST BECAUSE in the past, you've liked what said designer has to offer. That doesn't say much about your ability to really appreciate fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->