Gucci Spring Summer 05

If I never see tight satin pants again, I might die happy. :gross:

Lena, in regard to her blowing her chance...maybe she's just trying to evolve the company into something else. It is insanely difficult to convince the higher powers that be of dramatic, sudden change in something that is so well established. Just a theory. Time will tell.
:shrug::

I like it....

Also for anyone who disliked Tom's work, i have to disagree, I found his designs to be very innovative and classy.......id like to see you do better

dl

Originally posted by BCBG freak@Oct 1 2004, 04:31 AM
"said she wanted to keep the Gucci girl sexy and confident but to add "femininity and romanticism". "

you must be kidding me, right?
i see no femininity nor any romanticism. :blink:
it looks all very sl*tty to me, and i hate the 'rich-girl-meets-motorcycle-gang-member' theme.
oh tom, why did you leave us here...? :cry:
[snapback]381164[/snapback]​
Well, since it is her first collection.. :innocent: but I agree with you BCBG .Sluttiness...galore ??

Originally posted by fashionaddict1@Sep 30 2004, 04:00 PM
I find it quite tacky, it seems to have lost any cool factor - where are the bags?

Although i hadn't liked it under Ford from the last couple of seasons anyway

Finding Milan quite disapointing so far, actually enjoyed NY and London more (amazing I know)
Sure Paris will come up with the goods
[snapback]381188[/snapback]​

i completely agree. its soo changed now, ick :sick: Whens paris fashion week?

i like the shoes... but everythiung else just gives me deja vu.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Oct 1 2004, 12:34 PM
i thought she wasn't designing the accessories...
[snapback]382291[/snapback]​

some one ells is, a guy, i think, i'm glad, gucci shoes usually scare me

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Oct 2 2004, 12:50 AM
some one ells is, a guy, i think, i'm glad, gucci shoes usually scare me
[snapback]382774[/snapback]​
Actually it's another woman, Frida Giannini or something like that.

00390f.jpg

even the stick thin model can look pregnant in this :sick:

Originally posted by LostInNJ@Oct 2 2004, 09:32 AM
gucci19.jpg

This I :heart:
[snapback]382963[/snapback]​
That was one of the few looks I liked.

And Lena's right, that dress makes Daria look wide in the mid-section.....which we all know, she isn't.

Originally posted by Spike413@Oct 1 2004, 03:25 PM
I think PPR was totally wrong in appointing three creative directors. There's no final word, and that's why this collection seemed so scattered.
[snapback]382281[/snapback]​

It's extremely common for different designers to be appointed for womenswear, menswear, and accessories. Tom was the figurehead for all of these divisions but the designers now in place were the ones doing the work. But like I said, almost every major design house does this.

I love Gucci shoes and bags but the runway looks never even make me look twice... nothing new, then, this season..

It was commented somewhere that since this is so similar to Tom Ford's designs, it makes one wonder how much he was designing and how much his assistant was in charge of.

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Oct 3 2004, 02:59 PM
It was commented somewhere that since this is so similar to Tom Ford's designs, it makes one wonder how much he was designing and how much his assistant was in charge of.
[snapback]383780[/snapback]​

very on the point..
still she should had changed some basic proportions/details/textures,
to make a triumph out of her 'premiere'
i liked a lot her gucci flora bags and accessories,
so i was hoping for something unexpected

the black look Lost in NJ posted, is quite nice, even though it screams McQueen

I thought it was more of homage to Tom Ford's version of Gucci than making a mark for herself. But I think I'll give her this one. She just has to start bringing her game on next season.

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Oct 3 2004, 10:59 PM
I love Gucci shoes and bags but the runway looks never even make me look twice... nothing new, then, this season..

[snapback]383780[/snapback]​

I don't by this.
Sometimes I loved Tom's work, sometimes I didn't.
But comn, NO ONE could put a collection together like Tom did, no one will ever can.
no matter if you like the clothes on not, Tom created runway magic that is so obviously LACKING here!

ori

Oh yeah, and I CANT WAIT :woot: to see YSL! and you?

new era of feminity? I don't see it :(
a pretty bad and strange Gucci collection I'd say, looks like a werid mix of Ford's old work and some other designers', I can definitely detect McQueen and some sort of Versace in there :blink:
overall a bit dull for a spring collection.
some jackets are not bad, but nothing screams.
:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->