Gucci Watches / Jewelry

seems like quite a bit of money for a very simple watch....its cute, but even if I was very well off I wouldn't purchase it myself.

sidenote, which will seem silly to some, but if part of the reason you really want it is because it screams 'gucci', just remember that untill closer inspection, people that don't know you may just think its a guess watch. so if you are spending that kind of cashola even in part for the name, Id get something else. I have in fact seen guess watches quite like this!

Personally, it isn't my style; like the other members said, however, if it's that Gucci watch you want, then it's that Gucci watch you should get. I would suggest that you look around a little more before you decide to take the plunge - you can get a lot of watch for that amount of money :flower:

I don't think so.

I use to have the first Gucci watch that came out in metal w/ the G dial, and I got sick of it after a year of having it... thank god I didn't have to pay for it :lol: :lol:

hmm .. if it's in your style it's okay ... but I prefer old and new lux rolex watches :smile: I love em ... but I think I'm spending too much money for em :smile: Did you try seach Jacob watches those are with diamonds too :smile:

hey there! thanks everyone for your inputs! hmm, I'm glad that I came here first before dishing out my credit card... ^_^ that's what i call impulse-control! :wink:

That's one of the least offensive versions of that watch I've seen.

... only get it if you're truly in love with it. especially if you have to make payments on the sucker!

My sister has that in the tank, she loves Gucci. I like it alright, I think it's more masculine than feminine and I think it's a little more mature (meaning for older people) than other Gucci watches.

I like this Bamboo one more, I think it comes in the gold which I like more than silver. Natural, black and white Bamboo straps (they also have leather and metal), all three $795.00

ss05_tp_105732_I1690_1263-full.jpg
ss05_tp_105732_I1690_8135-full.jpg
ss05_tp_105732_I1690_8131-full.jpg

This one is the same price but more subtle bling, and much more elegant shape. $1995.00
ss05_tp_105732_I16E0_1271-full.jpg

That first watch is more masculine I find but its pretty!! If you have a small wrist, I think it would bother you soon cuz its made massif ( is that a english word? )I prefer the other watches posted my Diorling, more delicate and feminine. And for US$2500, god damn, I would buy something else but heh! if you REALLY love it and have the cash to afford it, why not?
I mean, YOU will wear it, so its much more if YOU like it than if others do :flower:

Just don't buy in a rush, think about it for a week or two!

It's a cute watch, but personally I feel the price is still a bit steep.

Maybe you should think about it longer :smile:

The bamboo one is nicer and more affordable. For $2500 on sale, it's just not worth it to me. I change watches like I change purses and God forbid if you lose it! Very cute but I'd pass....you can get much cuter watches for cheaper

-------------------
www.SymplePleasuresOnline.com

One indicator of socio-economic status is your watch - you can dress however you please, but your watch and your shoes tell volumes more about where you come from. Nouveau riche people get flashy watches, while old money gets either watches from their grandparents, or else they buy the less obtrusive watches from a reputable Swiss house, like Patek Philippe, Ebel, Vacheron Constantin, or Cartier.

If you're going to spend that kind of money on a watch, then I'd say don't get it from a fashion house, since it has a built-in obsolescence. Patek has some great advertisements along the lines of their watches being yours just for safekeeping, and then going on to the next generation. Do you see this Gucci watch as something that could look timeless on the hand of your daughter some day? I expect not.

To keep your expensive classic Swiss watch looking fresh, you can always get new straps in the colour and fabric/leather of the moment.

pucci_mama said:
Nooooooooooooo........ dont do it!

:rofl: okay okay....won't do it!! I'm gonna supress that desire/lust/whatever you call it for another week or so, hopefully it'll subside by then.. :doh:

The obvious G diamond plate is sooooooo bling bling, nah, don't like. The croco wrist band is cute though, but killing alligators to make a Gucci watch is uncool.

That's a NAY from me sorry. But the bamboo watches are cute, but I've seen too much of them.

Arksiel said:
sidenote, which will seem silly to some, but if part of the reason you really want it is because it screams 'gucci', just remember that untill closer inspection, people that don't know you may just think its a guess watch. so if you are spending that kind of cashola even in part for the name, Id get something else. I have in fact seen guess watches quite like this!

now that u mention it, i realised i like the watch for what it is, not so much because it screams "Gucci"...i really should check out the Guess watches too! Thanks Arksiel :flower:

StyleIsInUs said:
hmm .. if it's in your style it's okay ... but I prefer old and new lux rolex watches :smile: I love em ... but I think I'm spending too much money for em :smile: Did you try seach Jacob watches those are with diamonds too :smile:
thanks style, I'll check out the Jacob watches..yeah, i agree the lux rolex costs a bomb!! i like my SS/white gold with MOP dial very MUCH & ended up wearing it most of the time. it is more elegant compared to the 2-tone one IMO, which looks more mature.

i guess i'd love to have a diamond MOP watch in leather strap..sorta like relaxed elegance! God...not sure if I could afford a Patek P./ Cartier etc:blink: ...would they cost like 1000 bombs?? :shock: well, but that's what I would call a treasure that I could bequeath to my daughter!

Arksiel said:
:lol: So true...

Actually for that price point each of the Swiss watchmakers I mentioned has a few items to choose from. You also don't have to buy these watches new, they are so beautifully made that even second-hand they can be cleaned and buffed to a high shine and look as good as the day they were produced.

One indicator of socio-economic status is your watch - you can dress however you please, but your watch and your shoes tell volumes more about where you come from. Nouveau riche people get flashy watches, while old money gets either watches from their grandparents, or else they buy the less obtrusive watches from a reputable Swiss house, like Patek Philippe, Ebel, Vacheron Constantin, or Cartier.

And why exactly do you want everyone to think you're 'old money' - you want a watch that says 'my grandad murdered more natives than yours'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->