Guess What's A Hot New Item?

I'm a fake fur fan. Real fur should only be worn by animals.

I had to do a poster for my art class once.
It had an ancient cave man on one side and a nice dressed lady on the other - both wearin fur. it said "2 million years of evolution - and still not smarter."

Fur will never work in Los Angeles :(

It just doesn't get cold enough. Even as an accessory it makes you hot and itchy to look at it.

fur coats are the social equivolent of louis vutton logo bags. only poor people who want to appear rich wear it.

Me likey

I personally do love the feel of fur. It has featured heavily in recent seasons and continues to do so this A/W too. I like trimmings of fur on clothes (partic jackets / coats) because the "glam them up" and just make them special. A perfect example is this from Celine (A/W 2005) -

http://www.********/FUR/images_05/paris_fall05_04.jpg

I think the coat is a great classic one very 'simple' if you know what I mean. For something to wear with jeans I think this is perfect - it is from Neimans and priced (probably too expensive) at $800, but it is nice.

NM-0F03_mp.jpg

closettherapy said:
Fur will never work in Los Angeles :(

It just doesn't get cold enough. Even as an accessory it makes you hot and itchy to look at it.

agreed!

There's been some really nice fur coats and things on the runway but I'd feel really guilty about wearing it :blush:

I'll stick to fake fur i think

I like the feel of fur too--that's why there are three long-haired dogs at my house. Those who have fur cravings should find a furry friend.

I've stated elsewhere that fur in my warm climate is a ludicrous and crass status symbol, and proclaims a lack of common sense, empathy, and imagination. It may be that wearing fur in a climate where it's functional is an ethical thing to do, but at 50 degrees no one needs fur.

00590m.jpg

fur live and kicking at dolce and gabbana fall 2005

odelay.... that comment was a bit harsh. Some of us had lv logo bags before they were everywhere and we aren't poor people trying to be rich. Please watch what you say!

I think that in certain aspects, fur will never go out of fashion. And real fur will always have a special status ( no matter how much I hope a miracle will happen and ppl will give up this rather barbaric habit). As for fur being the next big thing-there's no wonder, it's a vital element in the Russian inspired trend that were everywhere on the catwalk. I believe reading somewhere a fashion journalist calling it " Dr. Zhivago" chic.

Oh, I almost forgot. Is there a certain age for wearing fur? I always thought it looked better on more mature women, with a bit of a glamorous side...Am I wrong?

I saw a video on how animals were slaughtered for fur. Its like wearing a dead carcass to me and I don't see the appeal at all. Like when Jennifer Lopez had that huge fur line and she didn't have any back up for why, just that it looked "glamorous". Something dead on my shoulders doesn't appear glamorous to me.

Fake fur=:heart: :heart:
Real fur isn't my thing.

I like fur. And leather. And I eat meat. I don't see a difference, despite all the anti-fur propaganda and preaching. :rolleyes:

One of my favorite souvenirs from Rome was a Philosopy di Alberta Ferretti lime green quilted jacket with huge fox fur collar, dyed green. It's really lightweight, and soooooo warm.

I just feel sorry for those poor animals who are going to be skinned to accessorize the likes of J.LO and Paris Hilton...f*k in hell

I love fur, but ofcourse only fake fur (no animal slaughter!!!). I think it's suitable for any age, it's just the way you wear it. For example: Kate Moss looks great in skinny jeans and a short fur coat (I hope a fake one), but Britney Spears looks like total trash in it when she wears a fur coat over a bikini in one of her videos.

To each their own, but personally I wouldn't wear fur..there are enough options around to keep us warm.

i dont like fur, i dont wear fur. there are other ways to look luxurious and "glamorous" if thats your aim. i think fur makes people look tacky. no matter the designer or style...it just looks like youre trying too hard.

not to mention the hell the animals go through who are killed for fur.

Thanks for all members posting fantastic photos, but PLEASE :

1)ADD PHOTO CREDITS

2)REMOVE PICTURES FROM QUOTES
3)RESIZE PICTURES THAT ARE TOO BIG, or POST THEM AS ATTACHMENTS

From now on, any pictures posted without credits will be deleted.

For more info, read please read the guidelines.

Real fur is :sick: ...... It's so uncool to proudly show off a coat made of a POOR DEAD ANIMAL'S SKIN!!!!!!! :rolleyes: Just because it's soft and fuzzy is NOT a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->