Guess What's A Hot New Item?

Do those of you who refuse to wear for also refuse to wear leather shoes or carry leather handbags?

(An honest question here. I am dealing with these issues myself as I am trying to take meat out of my diet and be more conscious of these things.)

Fur is fantastic (but not..ahem..fendi..ahem). But sometimes, I find it hard to cope with. For example, there is nothing more orgasmic than a broadtail coat, but the thought of fetal or newborn lambs being slaughtered make me question these things. But damn it! Fur is irresistable!

For me, my choice not to wear fur is a social thing rather than a moral choice. I eat meat and wear leather/suede so for that to be my reason against fur would be hypocritical.

Personally, I think wearing fur has always been a way of showing your social status - ie, saying "I'm rich" - and this aspect is probably the only thing I dislike about fashion. Its the same as wearing ugly logo stuff because its "expensive" and "designer".

I hope this actually makes sense!!!!

Fur is great, as long as in small doses. I prefer it on classier items such as a simple cardigan or the new Juicy Couture pea coat with a fur collar.

I don't like fur because I think the texture is gross. The worst fur is the old fur which has the head, or legs, or tail still on. I try to run by that stuff in the antique store! I'm not even a fan of touching animals really..so it could just be a me thing:blush:

littlemrs said:
Do those of you who refuse to wear for also refuse to wear leather shoes or carry leather handbags?

(An honest question here. I am dealing with these issues myself as I am trying to take meat out of my diet and be more conscious of these things.)

This is a really good question, I'm a vegetarian so no meat, because I think we're not prehistoric creatures anymore and there are plenty of alternatives. I only wear fake fur. The leather shoes is a difficult one. I'm a shoe-addict/lover/fanatic, I do wear leather shoes. I know I shouldn't be doing it. I tell myself that at least I don't eat meat, but I know that's a lame excuse.

I eat meat, but leather comes from cows, and since they are already dead because they were killed to be eaten, I don't want to waste any of the cow's body. If we are going to kill the cow then we should put as many uses as possible. I don't like fur because the minks and foxes are raised exclusively for fur and no other reason. Eating is one thing, and using leather from the slaughtered cow is one thing, but wearing fur is superficial.

Eating an animal and wearing its fur is too totally different things.... First of all, eating animals is part of our vital needs..... (of course we could get away with not eating meat, if we can it's even better), while killing an animal for its fur is SUPERFICIAL AND UNECESSARY....... :angry:

I'll have to refrain myself from posting in this topic because I get SO mad when I hear someone give excuses such as "yes, but real fur is pretty and fuzzy......."..... :rolleyes: :angry: ......

Yeah right, if I was to kill your mom/dad/brother/sister and use their skin to make myself a nice hat..... Would you like me? But it's pretty and fuzzy, it does not compare to artificial skin! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll just stop here because I am BOILING..... :mrgreen:

Kimkhuu said:
I'll just stop here because I am BOILING..... :mrgreen:

yes this type of topic can often get volatile - the very reason it's not been merged with another topic we had on fur...don't want to bring that up again, it got too ugly. :shock:

I think if people want to wear fur it's up to them. I also think that people who think it's wrong about the people who wear fur, cannot be so harsh because it's their decision.

lucy.b said:
I think if people want to wear fur it's up to them. I also think that people who think it's wrong about the people who wear fur, cannot be so harsh because it's their decision.

I'm sure the animals don't have much of a choice though.

I have a fake fur coat, but in general I don't like fur. I'm a vegetarian. If I don't eat animals I am sure not going to wear their fur.

exactly. those poor animals didnt have a choice. they didnt ask to be skinned alive so j-lo can look "hot."

fashion doesnt kill. people do.

johnnykenton said:
exactly. those poor animals didnt have a choice. they didnt ask to be skinned alive so j-lo can look "hot."

fashion doesnt kill. people do.

People do kill animals for fashion which means that fashion is the origin layer for killing.

Hate fur, had to make the statement. B)

True, but nobody forces you to buy clothes with fur. When nobody buys fur, I'm sure they stop creating fur-clothing. So I think the consumer is responsable.

This comes as no surprise to me. It's been all over the runways for a few seasons now.

I only own faux though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jader
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->