Gwen Stefani (June 2003 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Gwen and I like the way she looks on the cover.

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite+May 7th, 2004 - 9:27 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sephora_Socialite @ May 7th, 2004 - 9:27 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-banana@May 7th, 2004 - 6:17 pm
Well I wouldn't say trashy, but maybe.... typical?
yeah typical girly girl blah blah thing that cosmo does...they are always so cliche with their covers. :wacko: [/b][/quote]
:lol: It has a name: It's the Cosmo pose. :lol: I mean it: the Cosmo team is actually very proud of this cover pose, which is used in every single issue! :innocent:

I don't think she should be on Cosmo in the first place. But I like Gwen as a person overall.

Not tooo bad...but i hate cosmo...it's so horrible, i mean how many stories about sex can a magazine produce?

Originally posted by urbanamy@May 12th, 2004 - 1:27 am
I don't think she should be on Cosmo in the first place.

I agree.
As for the pics... I think she looks really vulgar and common.

10 most important sex tricks :rolleyes:

surely there must be a market for these cause people keep on buying the whole thing over and over and over again
:sick: :sick: :sick:

awww i dont like the cover much but the other imge is cute

im such a HUGE No Doubt fan so i cant hate them
shes so foxxy!

agirlcalledk1ll ..... is this gwen in ur av?
av-4007.gif

the song is catchy and I've been a huge Gwen and ND fan for a long time, but I feel like she's losing the plot overall. It's fine that her music styles are changing but she doesn't seem to be bringing the same edge to her work that she used to have... whether it be to her clothes, bags or music.

sounds like missing persons mixed with lene lovich...but her fan base will have no idea who that is...so i'm sure they'll think it's completely original...and love it...

waiting for the video...
look at your watch...now... ^_^ :innocent:

thanks napmove...

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 3 2004, 02:59 PM
sounds like missing persons mixed with lene lovich...but her fan base will have no idea who that is...so i'm sure they'll think it's completely original...and love it...
[snapback]384021[/snapback]​

I love Missing Persons so much. And I've always thought that No Doubt ripped off of them a lot. Even Gwen's voice sounds a lot like Dale Bozzio's on many occasions.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Oct 3 2004, 02:31 PM
I love Missing Persons so much. And I've always thought that No Doubt ripped off of them a lot. Even Gwen's voice sounds a lot like Dale Bozzio's on many occasions.
[snapback]384061[/snapback]​

:shock: shocked that you know who they are... :woot:
aren't you too young???

'what are words for...when no one listens ...there's no use talking at all...' :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 3 2004, 03:43 PM
:shock: shocked that you know who they are... :woot:
aren't you too young???

'what are words for...when no one listens ...there's no use talking at all...' :innocent:
[snapback]384104[/snapback]​

The youngsters are more aware of the past then you think, soft! :P You need to give us more credit. Big MP fan here.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Oct 3 2004, 02:49 PM
The youngsters are more aware of the past then you think, soft! :P You need to give us more credit. Big MP fan here.
[snapback]384128[/snapback]​
hey...don't get me wrong... :P ...it's a pleasant surprise... :flower:

my cousin in la is 21 or 22 and he loves the cure and the smiths and oingo boingo and depeche mode...etc...but i'm always surprised...because that stuff was never mainstream....not even back in the 80's...so i think it's extra cool when someone who wasn't even around back then has found out about it somehow...it just makes me wonder where they heard about it???...you know???...

:woot: :wink:

Oh, The Cure and The Smith and Depeche are really big today. Maybe even bigger than back then?

I forget how/when/where I got into MP. "Walking in LA" was my first song years ago.

for one thing, gwen stefani definately ripped her 99/2000/return of saturn pink hair from dale.....:smile:

it's funny, after i heard the song...i saw a missing persons video in passing on vh1 classic or something, and definately could hear the influence they must've had. i think she actually mentioned them in a quote about what we can expect from her album...

i like the 80's vibe. i like the asian sounds + background talking in it. the song is catchy, her voice sounds like it did back in 92 in some parts (which is awesome)...i love the idea of the song ...

i don't like the 'stupid ho' line. it bothers me a lot + really makes me not entirely love the song....i kinda ruined it for me.

but i'm sure i'm biased, since i've been a no doubt fan for who knows how long...(though i'm not the totally jaded kind... it just happens i've liked most of what gwen's been doing lately...)

i'm actually rather relieved that i'm not the only one who hears the missing person's influence and quite pleased that she said they were an influence...it means i'm on the right track...cool...thanks guys... :kiss: :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->