H&M Organic Cotton 2008

retrogurl

Reaction score
2118518826_7989c0e118_o.jpg

Photography: H&M

I just posted photos of H&M's upcoming organic collection preview on my blog, they should be releasing around March and April. Enjoy!

More photos here.

via H&M / www.nitrolicious.com/blog

Some of them I really like. Some I don't care for.

All I know is that I'm definetely buying myself some of those men's boxers. I love the prints!!

I love many of these!:heart: I will definitely get the dress in the first post.^_^

^^yeah I liked that dress too, but i don't think the colors are particularly flattering with my skin tone. I wish they had more in different colors.

What's the difference between organic and regular cotton? I certainly don't notice anything. Then again, I think the entire organic industry is sort of a scam in itself.

What's the difference between organic and regular cotton? I certainly don't notice anything. Then again, I think the entire organic industry is sort of a scam in itself.

It is more in the method than in the actual fabric. Organic cotton is supposed to be made in ecologically friendly ways. Are there any noticeable differences in the texture or feel of organic cotton?

^
not to my knowledge though perhaps the quality is slightly better. I wish they'd get off this organic cotton kick (though this is perhaps the most fashionable organic clothing yet) but I'd rather have plain ole cotton and get the rest of the garment produced in an ethical way. The cotton may be organic but who's picking it?

Meg;3875710. said:
The cotton may be organic but who's picking it?

They need to make a shirt with this phase on it! :clap:

The H&M clothes look cute though - I like the first dress and its color blocking.

^
not to my knowledge though perhaps the quality is slightly better. I wish they'd get off this organic cotton kick (though this is perhaps the most fashionable organic clothing yet) but I'd rather have plain ole cotton and get the rest of the garment produced in an ethical way. The cotton may be organic but who's picking it?

Point taken. Environmentalism is at the end of the day, the most elitist part of the left's agenda since it often asks poor people not to develop. However, "plain ole cotton" is also probably picked in an unethical way. I suspect that people that are concerned about the ecological aspects of the cotton industry would be at least slightly more inclined to care about the ethical ones.

stylites.....I feel like that is what they want you to think. But they offer no proof that this is produced in any more of an ethical way than their other cotton line. They aren't going to go out and source special ethical factories just for this. I'm not having a massive go, I still shop there, but I think it's important to be aware about it.

i got a couple of organic cotton pieces at h&m last year and it is SUPER soft...
there is a BIG difference which you can see and feel...

I've seen organic pieces before and I don't notice anything different in either texture nor feel between that and normal pieces. Maybe I'm not looking close enough. :lol:

stylites.....I feel like that is what they want you to think. But they offer no proof that this is produced in any more of an ethical way than their other cotton line. They aren't going to go out and source special ethical factories just for this. I'm not having a massive go, I still shop there, but I think it's important to be aware about it.

I would go for the ecologically friendly product even if it is produced in factories that use the same ethical standards as the normal cotton line.

Wouldn't it be funny if you could walk into a store and have all the production data for each product right before you?

"This cashmere sweater was produced with prison labor in Jiangxi province, but the dyes are all natural."

"This silk/rayon blend scarf was handmade, by a locally owned factory, in a Yunnanese village, but the chemical dyes run off into the nearby Xi brook. Birth defects are common downstream in Wu county."

"This organic cotton wife beater was produced by workers treated fairly and ethically. The owner of the factory was just shot for bribing the local magistrate."

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go for the ecologically friendly product even if it is produced in factories that use the same ethical standards as the normal cotton line.

Exactly, at least it's that much better! :huh: I mean, unless it's perfect in every aspect of production we should stick with the same old crap?... And I have to say, I would hardly call organic farming practices a 'scam.' :ninja:

As for the clothes themselves, they are just plain BORING to me! :lol::P

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->