H&M x Marimekko - Summer 2008

these prints are very cute and i cannot wait to see what comes from it. lately i've been quite let down by h&m so i'm hoping that they won't disappoint me any longer

i look forward to them too
there are some old memorable designers that have stayed with them up till now
i really like anna danielsson and maija osola
dunno if the former is technically finnish.. seems the case a lot @ marimekko

^ yeah they have japanese designers too... but its finnish based, and mainly finnish.

this shall be an interesting yet strange collaboration. in finland marimekko is considered really classic, and the clothes & fabrics are quite pricy. will this weaken marimekko's image? we'll see...

i would love to see 60s mod designs with big prints..

Oh the sketches are nice..

I've never really been into Marimekko, I think it's too 'classic' for my taste at least most of it...
But I'm looking forward to seeing h&m's spin on this...
^_^

Oh, didn't know this! Lovely! I think I might even be prepared to cue for a H&M collaboration for once.

(Ps I love Moas illos, see more of hers at www.ammo.se)

For some reason a lot of design houses are in Marimekko craze now.
Manolo Blahnik used their fabric designs on their shoes for next summer:
image_8728.jpg

image_8735.jpg

image_8736.jpg

also gucci copied (plague case!!!) Marimekko's Unikko design:
image_8753.jpg

This was big news in Finland.
www.fashionfinland.com

I can't wait to see what the real clothes look like

Will be interesting to see how it turns out! Good to see lots of Finnish brands! :flower:

I really like Marimekko - I've seen a lot of nice fabrics from them that's more interesting than just the flowers so I hope H&M will use those.

Ooohhh! How exciting! I love Marimekko prints! I just hope they use the good fabrics too, not just the prints! :smile:

I also :heart: Marimekko prints, but I hate how H&M clothing shrinks so much. I almost have to buy 9 sizes too big (exaggerating a bit) for the clothes to shrink down to a normal medium.

ah I love marimekko prints! can't wait to see how this will translate....

I also :heart: Marimekko prints, but I hate how H&M clothing shrinks so much. I almost have to buy 9 sizes too big (exaggerating a bit) for the clothes to shrink down to a normal medium.
it really shrinks? :o is the clothing you buy in cotton? t hat's weird...

seems very cute and refreshing!
i'm still waiting for marc jacobs to do a line with H&M.
that would be heaven :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerdays
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->