H&M x Marimekko - Summer 2008

I wouldn't mind the stripe shorts. looks pretty good imo. Wouldn't wear it with the patterned shirt though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked it out this morning, it's actually pretty nice!

There seemed to be two kinds of offerings, ones that catered more to the nostalgic idea of marimekko and one that was very contemporary (these weren't so nice). If you like marimekko then I think you'd be into this, if not then, well it's just not for you.

It's all pretty fun, great for summer and for people who don't take themselves too seriously. I picked up the striped shorts and look forward to wearing it with white poplin and navy blue shirts come summer. A designer I work with got them for herself along with a striped t-shirt in the same colorway. She's going to wear it with a good pair of heels and I think it'll be quite nice.

Of all the H&M capsule collections I found this one to be the most genuine and provocative. Also, there were a lot of accessories which were not bad either.

I thought this collection was supposed to be available at all H&Ms BUT I just went to ours & they got one single black/white shirt (just one shirt! I didnt even look at the size) from the collection & they said thats all they are getting. Im hoping they are wrong & just havent gotten it quite yet because I REALLY wanted that orange/olive long green skirt. GRRRRRRRR they make me so mad our H&M sucks.

I wish you could buy it online in the US!

Last edited by a moderator:
how's the quality of the bathing suits? i'm kind of coveting that one piece number, and the black and white two piece. :D

I thought that the mother-daughter sets were cute, but the colors wouldn't suit us unfortunately.

I've seen this in-store, and it's not too bad. Quality is pretty typical for H&M and when the printed pieces are mixed in with other more neutral/basic items, they are not overwhelming at all.

I'm making my sister stop by H&M this weekend in Boston. I'm really hoping she can pick up the black and white bikini for me! I actually like most of the collection...especially the bathing suits and shift dresses.

I cant believe out H&M isnt getting this collection! Now my only chance is to find that skirt on Ebay & out of everything in the collection finding that exact skirt in my size on Ebay is slim to none. Right now they have nothing on Ebay. :(

well...at least you have an H&M near you...:flower: I think the closest to where I live is an 8 hour drive! yuck.

It does look better in person, although it is not really my style. My H&M had loads of things - it took up a good portion of the front of the store. I ended up buying the black and white bikini, it was perfect! I've been looking for a decent one for weeks and they definitely delivered.

I'm so jealous, june gloom! I think the cut of the b&w bikini looks perfect! and only $30 :woot:

well...at least you have an H&M near you...:flower: I think the closest to where I live is an 8 hour drive! yuck.

Yeah maybe but weve had an H&M here for almost two years now & it seems more frustrating now having one & still not getting what you want because our H&M doesnt carry any collection items & not even this line which isnt actually a collection item.

I like the cuts of some of the pieces but the colors are horrible! They remind me of some smoky bar in the 70s. My mom said that they used the most "dirtiest" colors from the 70s, when to her 70s Marimekko was all about fresh and bright colors..What a dissapointment!

I really want the long dress,it's looks like the perfect summer dress.Comfy and very colorful ... I like it :heart:

What a disappointing collection, I was definitely expecting something better. It's not wearable or flattering. The only one I think looks nice is the black and white full lenght dress. It's really a shame because Marimekko has so many beautiful patterns they could've used. examples:
img_1_05022008201034Poimulehti_330-large.jpg

img_1_05022008202604putkinotko_160-large.jpg

img_1_27112006183737Ananas_112.jpg

img_1_13122006164552isosatakieli_196%20large.jpg

marimekko.co.uk​

i didn't like a single thing in store, not even the fabrics are nice. it sounded fun, but it's definitely not....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerdays
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->